The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

  • Noodlesocks
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a lot of AA today. Only thing I'd suggest changing is the horizontal range so that AA becomes area defence instead of map denial. I was shooting planes down from well beyond my air radar range. Was just sitting in the middle of Hamada and Panzerstorm and could cover pretty much the entire map.
  • Hawxxeye
    7744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    Played a lot of AA today. Only thing I'd suggest changing is the horizontal range so that AA becomes area defence instead of map denial. I was shooting planes down from well beyond my air radar range. Was just sitting in the middle of Hamada and Panzerstorm and could cover pretty much the entire map.
    Yeah that is the real problem with AA when it does proper damage. Suddenly a huge part of the objective areas is denied
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Inferno91x wrote: »
    (Quote)

    ah so this is personal to you, you must of really had it with pilots ruining your game.
    if you join a conquest server expect to be killed by a tank or plane, if you want infrantry only, then you can play tdm.
    Conquest is for players like me to enjoy using vehicles. and to have a fun time.

    what i do agree on although you havnt bought it up is how planes easily kill tanks, that is wrong in my opinion.
    Yer it personal just like it is to many others because I want the game I purchased to be fun no matter what I mode or class I play. And I don't want a game where some .... plays one thing dominates every round. Then that same player gets on the forum telling others how to play when it is complete rubbish.

    Like so many so-called pilots have for the last 1.5 years has been telling others now take your own advice
    - adapt
    - get gud
    - get over yourself it is a team game use your team mates.

    Conquest is not for vehicle only players and that is what upsets you that Infantry can now bring your delusion of grandeur crashing to the ground. BF every mode is about a team having fun not 1 player.
    So you want the Assault class nerfed just as hard as the planes?

    Since the 3x scope without glint laser accurate (semi-)automatics dominate round after round ... and on top of that that class also has all of the OP explosives ...

    If only they would use them ... then those weak planes would not "dominate" rounds ...

    Without flares (that are now nerfed into the ground too) planes would not even have been in the top 10 of their teams, not with point and not with kills ...
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
    Sounds like a good time.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
    Sounds like a good time.
    And still infantry only CoD kids whine about them and want even more powerful AA and even weaker planes ... so apparently it is still not a good enough time ... for them.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man the first time I heard someone joke that there’s probably someone from activision on the inside at dice wreaking things I just cracked up but somehow every month something happens that makes me believe it that bit more. Thank god ive been stockpiling PPE tin foil hats
  • VOLBANKER
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
    Sounds like a good time.
    And still infantry only CoD kids whine about them and want even more powerful AA and even weaker planes ... so apparently it is still not a good enough time ... for them.
    My bitter pilot alarm just went off bigtime.
  • SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
    Sounds like a good time.
    Hardest plane to take down is probably the Stuka, takes quite a few hits.   
    Have not been flying for a long time, but gave it a try after patch.
    Not many are using fighters anymore on vanilla maps, but Ju88, Belheim, Stuka and Mosquito.
    Especially British now has a big advantage with spit VB and Musquito (rockets and canons). 
    It feels quit safe to use the Musquito with less me109 and even so it only takes one SAA to keep the me109 away or down.
    The German planes really dont have any planes with rockets other than the Me109 and its quit weak.
    Imo the SAA have created an imbalance in fraction balance on vanilla maps. Best planes right now are the Stuka and Mosquito and here the Mosquito is by far the better plane imo.
    I have not tried the Pacific planes. The changes have made them like flying cows and even before the buff of SAA they were dead boring.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
    Sounds like a good time.
    And still infantry only CoD kids whine about them and want even more powerful AA and even weaker planes ... so apparently it is still not a good enough time ... for them.
    My bitter pilot alarm just went off bigtime.
    More like bitter infantry only players since day one ... nerfing vehicles and buffing anti vehicle weapons and still they whine ...

    I haven't played BF V in some time now (only tried out the last patch and was done very fast, the game is so bad compared to other games I have been playing), so I really don't care about the changes.

    But I do hope the discussions about it makes it clear to Dice they should change their strategy for the next BF:

    making BF a CoD/Fortnite clone did not bring them what they wanted (only a few hardcore liking infantry only players left since the beginning), so maybe they need to go back were they are good at and for which they are well known -> a smooth running balanced combined arms game with actual fun vehicles.
  • Scipi_Vincere
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Planes are insane weak and easy to destroy in BF V.
    Sounds like a good time.
    Hardest plane to take down is probably the Stuka, takes quite a few hits.   
    Have not been flying for a long time, but gave it a try after patch.
    Not many are using fighters anymore on vanilla maps, but Ju88, Belheim, Stuka and Mosquito.
    Especially British now has a big advantage with spit VB and Musquito (rockets and canons). 
    It feels quit safe to use the Musquito with less me109 and even so it only takes one SAA to keep the me109 away or down.
    The German planes really dont have any planes with rockets other than the Me109 and its quit weak.
    Imo the SAA have created an imbalance in fraction balance on vanilla maps. Best planes right now are the Stuka and Mosquito and here the Mosquito is by far the better plane imo.
    I have not tried the Pacific planes. The changes have made them like flying cows and even before the buff of SAA they were dead boring.
    Agreed. Played on both. DICE seems to balance the game off the pacific maps. The overall gameplay on vanilla is destroyed on majority of the maps. Worst battlefield ever, too much options on vehicles which made balancing much harder. Miss CTE on BF IV where players can put their input. They should have followed BF1942 formula! No bomb reticule on 3p view. Takes skills!
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No bomb reticule on 3p view. Takes skills!
    That would be fine if there was any kind of visibility from a plane on the ground (on console) ... and bombs could actually do some damage (not just +10 when you don't make a headshot) and had a bigger damage area than a basketball (on heavy bombers) ... and don't forget the insane amount of lag compensation that denies kills when you clearly hit something on your own screen

    Right now (even with 3p view reticule) it has nothing do with skill, just pure luck, you by accident hit 1 or more players with a headshot ...

    Also one of the the reasons (next to not being a big slow easy target) why lots of players (like me) use the Stuka/Mosquito with the heavy bombs, that can actually hit something.
  • Trokey66
    9101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the is no kind of 'visibility of the ground from the air', how do you 'clearly see a hit on your screen' ?
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    If the is no kind of 'visibility of the ground from the air', how do you 'clearly see a hit on your screen' ?

    Something with flying (far too) low, spotted enemies by flares, 3P view reticule precisely on a large group of enemies ...
  • Trokey66
    9101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So there is no issue with visibility?
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    So there is no issue with visibility?
    Read again:

    When you fly at a higher (so NOT just above the ground) altitude (so NOT TOO low, which will get you instantly shot by the OP AA, because you are a huge very slow moving object), nobody spots (which is normal with the trash spot mechanics in BF V), you won't see anything.

    THAT is a visibility problem.

    Add to that bombs that have a damage area of a basketball and do +10 damage when you hit the ground 2 inches next to an enemy and everyone understands the heavy bombers are pure trash and no fun at all.

    Risk/ease of being shot down and damage you can do should be balanced.
  • SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    @NLBartmaN
    Have you tried using the spotting camera. Did it yesterday with the ju88C and Belheim and it spottet infantry players and tanks.
    And then use the 1 view bomb sight for high altitude bombing. 
    But I do agree. Stuka, spitfire VB, Mosquito and JU88C with canon are the only planes worth using right now.
    Especially when the SAA can cover a large arear on maps like Hamada, Panzerstorm, Twisted Steel and even worse on the smaller maps. Then add an MAA and its almost impossible to fly.
    It seem to me they tried to balance Pacific maps, but forgot about the impact on vanilla maps.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • Trokey66
    9101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Read again:

    When you fly at a higher (so NOT just above the ground) altitude (so NOT TOO low, which will get you instantly shot by the OP AA, because you are a huge very slow moving object), nobody spots (which is normal with the trash spot mechanics in BF V), you won't see anything.

    THAT is a visibility problem.

    Add to that bombs that have a damage area of a basketball and do +10 damage when you hit the ground 2 inches next to an enemy and everyone understands the heavy bombers are pure trash and no fun at all.

    Risk/ease of being shot down and damage you can do should be balanced.

    So things further away are harder to see?

  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Read again:

    When you fly at a higher (so NOT just above the ground) altitude (so NOT TOO low, which will get you instantly shot by the OP AA, because you are a huge very slow moving object), nobody spots (which is normal with the trash spot mechanics in BF V), you won't see anything.

    THAT is a visibility problem.

    Add to that bombs that have a damage area of a basketball and do +10 damage when you hit the ground 2 inches next to an enemy and everyone understands the heavy bombers are pure trash and no fun at all.

    Risk/ease of being shot down and damage you can do should be balanced.

    So things further away are harder to see?


    So a PLANE needs to DRIVE on the ground and not FLY to be able to see something ...  :/:(:D

    SirBobdk said:
    @NLBartmaN
    Have you tried using the spotting camera. Did it yesterday with the ju88C and Belheim and it spottet infantry players and tanks.
    And then use the 1 view bomb sight for high altitude bombing. 
    But I do agree. Stuka, spitfire VB, Mosquito and JU88C with canon are the only planes worth using right now.
    Especially when the SAA can cover a large arear on maps like Hamada, Panzerstorm, Twisted Steel and even worse on the smaller maps. Then add an MAA and its almost impossible to fly.
    It seem to me they tried to balance Pacific maps, but forgot about the impact on vanilla maps.
    The plane variants/spec trees with spotting cameras won't/don't have (the right) bombs (and/or can't have other needed specs) when you equip spotting camera.

    When the heavy bombers that have the best (still trash) bombs would have also have the spotting camera then things would be a lot better.
  • Trokey66
    9101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    So a PLANE needs to DRIVE on the ground and not FLY to be able to see something ...  :/:(:D (Quote)
    The plane variants/spec trees with spotting cameras won't/don't have (the right) bombs (and/or can't have other needed specs) when you equip spotting camera.

    When the heavy bombers that have the best (still trash) bombs would have also have the spotting camera then things would be a lot better.

    No, just accept its limitations in any given circumstance.
Sign In or Register to comment.