BFV Can we make Medics more aware?

13»

Comments

• KMAsterisk
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait, and lose my AP mines that I can deploy in tandem with smoke grenades, which is what smoke is really to be utilized for...the lulz...?
    (Quote)
    at best? the medic can have two smoke grenades in the launcher off spawn (which can be increased to three by picking up amo). on top of that you can equip hand thrown smoke grenades, which you have two of as well. so at best a medic has 5....

In terms of the OP, I'd rather not see another reminder that a teammate is down as a medic, it's bad enough the present icon can obscure someone laying on a body as is. There's enough clutter visually.

And yes, it stinks when players run past you as a medic if you're safely revivable, but thems the bricks. As a medic there's times when you're doing nothing but reviving, and I quite understand that's not the playstyle many are in to, it's enough to make one want to change class.

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is all due to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor balancing from DICE. First they messed up by giving medics smgs and trying to make them frontline fighters, which they aren't. Making your healer and reviver the primary (assault) frontline class is a massive mistake. So now you are stuck in a rock and a hard place, you either have to sit back and play passively with weapons that are awful past spitting distance, or you can try and use a BA carbine but needing to be constantly landing headshots isn't practical and you are outgunned close and at every other range due to SARs being stupid strong. On top of it DICE then nerfed the hell out of smgs that were meant for mid range combat. What this leads to is you needing to play ultra aggressively to get anything out of your primary weapons and turning the class into the default assault class instead of medic. So instead of using smoke grenades to give you cover to secure revives, people just use the smokes to go on flanks and go on killing streaks.  I consider myself a good medic and have been a medic since BF1942, but I HATE playing medic in BFV and before I uninstalled I dumped the class and just ran Support.
  • trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    just take out the revives.  problem solved.   

revives would have been handy in BF42 when you walked a country mile to get to action and where you could only spawn in on flags and where the flags were far apart and where the respawns were in waves 30 seconds apart.  

But in this game, in BF today,  if they didn't have revives well there would be little to cry about because you spawn in 15 seconds or less, and you can spawn in on squadmates too as well as in various vehicles  plus on beacons...

• Trokey66
    9102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

revives would have been handy in BF42 when you walked a country mile to get to action and where you could only spawn in on flags and where the flags were far apart and where the respawns were in waves 30 seconds apart.  

But in this game, in BF today,  if they didn't have revives well there would be little to cry about because you spawn in 15 seconds or less, and you can spawn in on squadmates too as well as in various vehicles  plus on beacons...

But, but, but........ What about K/D?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:

You make an interesting point. 
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the option of reviving is removed, an important tactical aspect of the game is lost.
  • KMAsterisk
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    I wouldn't mind the idea of removing it altogether. It would be interesting to see if it slowed the gameplay down because people do care about KD, or the tactical aspect of it.

Then again, there's plenty of FPS's with fast gameplay because the playerbase is used to not having the revive aspect available.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    If the option of reviving is removed, an important tactical aspect of the game is lost.
    Whilst I don't think it should be removed, a lot of the more recent mechanics have lessened its need in the tactical aspect. As was mention you respawn really quick anyway and can respawn on all squad mates and vehicles. The tactical aspect of needing to keep the squad and especially the squad leader alive to make good on sa quick flank etc is lessened
  • losthunter340
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:

Totally agree! I like how the gameplay is right now in BFV and even if other BF games are good (BF3/4) I dont feel the urge to go back becuse of the squad revive etc, if a squad plays tactical they win over another, its not just "I killed you faster" kinda way, and squad mates beeing able to ress but not beeing a medic its preatty good with the penalty time it takes to help them up again.
  • xKusagamix
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's just because there are a lot of people who play Medic as a mean to not dying and/or some OP guns. Just look back at BF1 and you can clearly see that a lot of people just swap the their gadget slot for the Rifle Grenade.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If a player is not obsessed with K/D, you can make a lot of points just reviving and throwing med packs 
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Whilst I don't think it should be removed, a lot of the more recent mechanics have lessened its need in the tactical aspect. As was mention you respawn really quick anyway and can respawn on all squad mates and vehicles. The tactical aspect of needing to keep the squad and especially the squad leader alive to make good on sa quick flank etc is lessened
    Yes, but reviving is not just about respawning, it’s also about helping your team not bleed tickets.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For scores it's not rewarding enough. I tried that once an entire round and found myself at the bottom half of the scoreboard.
    Stopping ticket bleed needs a dedicated team. Not when it's filled with kamikazes that run from flag to flag to hunt prey.
  • bigiain
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a general lack of teamwork here, an even further slide from what we've had before. I assume EA Access has caused some of the problems on the xbox, probably the popularity of other FPS as well that aren't as close to Battlefield as a lot of new players think. 

It's been constant throughout the life of the game to see a chunk of recons at the bottom of the scoreboard with hardly any points. I'm not sure if players don't know about the spotting scope or are scared of kills getting stolen, but lots and lots of people don't use it. For all the talk about constant flares, it's pretty easy to be in a team that won't use them at all or will have recons in places where they're of no use. I like the P08 and the Trench Carbine, but I don't see others use them that often.

The almost useless ammo pouch still seems more popular among support players than the crate. Again, players just don't know. DICE really need to stop assuming players are looking at forums and reddit for tips. I'm assuming the single players is still a sort of tutorial, but how many players play  that these days?

Medic gives players a weapon that will be second best in a lot of situations and overloads their screen with information in the places where the weapon shines. The movement and map knowledge isn't there for a lot of players either. The smoke grenade rifle must be the slowest gadget in the history of the franchise. The common advice to stick with your squad is incredibly optimistic. Your squad might be all over the place or might be together in a place where the SMG isn't hitting anyone.

The whole game is set up in a way that the people most likely to be an effective medic might ask if they should be risking themselves reviving bad players who aren't that interested in teamwork themselves.