BF 6 Expectations

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    Mikex2112 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Not an opinion...These are facts.Feel free to inquire about past Battlefields.plenty of videos showing the massive decline in quality from this franchise.And it all began with BFBC2....BF1 a success? if compared to the more atrocious BFV..Then ya,its a huge success.Compared to the older titles,absolutely not.-

Let me give a better example:Older BF titles a player was able to hook up an artillery cannon and transport it around the map.Older BF titles a player can move the aircraft carrier around the map providing better spawn locations.Older BF titles a player can pilot a submarine.Older BF titles we a battle recorder.Older BF titles we had a EFFECTIVE AND PROPER COMMANDER ROLE.Older BF titles we 6 man squads.Older BF titles we had 2 man jets.Older BF titles we had mods.Older BF titles Vehicles were FEARED..Not looked at as easy to kill "fodder"And this is just the tip of the iceburg.-

What do we have now?Severely crippled and dumbed down arcade shooters that pander to the lazy,casual crowd that just want to hop on and grab a kill before dinner time.if you never played the older titles then you yourself have no room to say anything...Nada..You have no experience with these past titles so how would you even know how great these games once were?Thats right,you dont....People like you are the reason this franchise has went downhill.People like yourself will accept whatever game developers shove down your throat and be happy with it.This is not an attack on you personally,I just speak the truth..And the truth does/will sting.

What a load of rubbish BF1 had more active players than BF4 that is 1 measure of success.

BF Vietnam is the first BF that had vehicle hook up on the ground.
    1942 had carrier or submarine. Also had the lowest graphics. Yet in BF1 the Behemoth was highly criticized. So why would DICE bring them back.
    Having battlerecorder does not make successful. Game engine and graphic level changed.
    Who cares about squad size, if you have squad leader only then sure but 4 is good with squad spawn.
    BFV Stuka says hello.
    So you want vehicle farmers back, no thanks.

What BFV is catering to the competitive and hardcore players. The most successful contratdicting you is BF1 what many screamers for years had being calling it crap for being to casual. Now the screamers are calling BFV rubbish while praising BF1.

It is you who is looking through rose coloured glasses like so many you can't see how BFV is closer to your beloved older BF games.

Edit: Fixed misunderstand on vehicle hookup.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • Charredtoast67
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 27
    Just a short list for me:

* Modern setting
    * BF3/BF4 vehicle mechanics
    * Return of CQ Small for competitive purposes
    * Return of RSP with a ton of settings
    * No extreme weather
    * If no 3D spotting, add a squad-based ping system
    * No objective based vehicles
    * Don't go crazy with 5 jets and 8 tanks per side
    * Cross-Platform Play (This NEEDS to be in the next Battlefield, too many games do it now for it not to. It extends the lifespan of the game and gives more oppertunity for competition)

This. Dice needs to stop listening to these infantry only players that whine about vehicles. I don't post here much but I check the "jets overpowered" threads whenever I'm bored and need a good laugh or want to lose some braincells. The jet community hasn't had a new game to dogfight in for nearly a decade now because of the devs feeling they need to tone down the air to be more accessible.

You cannot make an unskilled player equal to a skilled player. When the devs try to create artificial barriers to level the field it sullies the gameplay for everyone. BF4 is still kicking to this day, it's survived an entire console generation. Some of you may say it's just due to the modern setting but no, BF4 rewards players who invest time into mastering the mechanics and persevere. You don't get this in the new battlefields.

The jet community doesn't bite, nor do we want invincible killing machines as the infantry players claim. We want to be rewarded for our effort and have an effective means to help our team below. I teach jets on PS4, I've taught over half a dozen pilots since 2015. Most people however, they quit once they find out how difficult it is to fly at a high level. It takes roughly 150 kills to reach division one attack jet kills and the game is 7 years old. If jets are as "overpowered" as people say, the numbers don't add up.

The veteran players who enjoy the journey to learn and master their craft aren't going to stick around if this trend continues. Note the poor player retention of BF1 and V. Yes getting your teeth kicked in by a better player sucks, but instead of resenting them, look at them as inspiration of what you could be. After BFV, this may be battlefield's last chance to redeem itself. I'm not optimistic but miracles do happen.
  • Charredtoast67
    edited May 27
    (Quote)
    Not an opinion...These are facts.Feel free to inquire about past Battlefields.plenty of videos showing the massive decline in quality from this franchise.And it all began with BFBC2....BF1 a success? if compared to the more atrocious BFV..Then ya,its a huge success.Compared to the older titles,absolutely not.-

Let me give a better example:Older BF titles a player was able to hook up an artillery cannon and transport it around the map.Older BF titles a player can move the aircraft carrier around the map providing better spawn locations.Older BF titles a player can pilot a submarine.Older BF titles we a battle recorder.Older BF titles we had a EFFECTIVE AND PROPER COMMANDER ROLE.Older BF titles we 6 man squads.Older BF titles we had 2 man jets.Older BF titles we had mods.Older BF titles Vehicles were FEARED..Not looked at as easy to kill "fodder"And this is just the tip of the iceburg.-

What do we have now?Severely crippled and dumbed down arcade shooters that pander to the lazy,casual crowd that just want to hop on and grab a kill before dinner time.if you never played the older titles then you yourself have no room to say anything...Nada..You have no experience with these past titles so how would you even know how great these games once were?Thats right,you dont....People like you are the reason this franchise has went downhill.People like yourself will accept whatever game developers shove down your throat and be happy with it.This is not an attack on you personally,I just speak the truth..And the truth does/will sting.

What a load of rubbish BF1 had more active players than BF4 that is 1 measure of success.

BFV is the first BF that had vehicle hook up on the ground.
    1942 had carrier or submarine. Also had the lowest graphics. Yet in BF1 the Behemoth was highly criticized. So why would DICE bring them back.
    Having battlerecorder does not make successful. Game engine and graphic level changed.
    Who cares about squad size, if you have squad leader only then sure but 4 is good with squad spawn.
    BFV Stuka says hello.

What BFV is catering to the competitive and hardcore players. The most successful contratdicting you is BF1 what many screamers for years had being calling it crap for being to casual. Now the screamers are calling BFV rubbish while praising BF1.

It is you who is looking through rose coloured glasses like so many you can't see how BFV is closer to your beloved older BF games.

BF1 sold well but the playerbase had a pathetic churn rate compared to the previous titles. That's game dev talk for people that turned the game off and never returned. This is due to the lack of variety, skill, and depth the gameplay offers.

Not to be blunt but my attack jet kill/minute is higher than most people's KD ratio. If you are unknowledgeable about a topic don't pretend to be. It only spreads misinformation and isn't productive. You have under 10 jet kills in BF4 and I'm imagining the other titles look the same.
  • MarauderFox
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everyone is asking A LOT for BF6 in regards to the quantity AND depth of mechanics & features, Dice does not have the talent to fulfill that list under realistic time & budget restrictions without serious compromise.
    I want Dice to re-evaluate their path since BF4s disastrous launch and re-assess what made people fall in love with Bad Company, 2142 & BF3.

Infantry & vehicle gameplay & inter-play, squad inter-play & map design are the foundations for Battlefield.
    BC & BF4 have the best infantry gameplay (gun mechanics, gun variation, soldier movement etc)
    BC & BF3 have the best maps that are balanced & play well for all modes & team sizes
    I want Dice to clearly define how they want BF6 to play (like COD, BF3/4, BF, Arma etc) then nail the foundations for that, then to decide which features to add (fortifications, attrition, behemoths, commander etc)
    If the foundations and balance are good, then almost all previous fans will be satisfied regardless of the features added after.
  • DingoKillr
    4343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

BFV is the first BF that had vehicle hook up on the ground.
    BFV Stuka says hello.

BF1 sold well but the playerbase had a pathetic churn rate compared to the previous titles. That's game dev talk for people that turned the game off and never returned. This is due to the lack of variety, skill, and depth the gameplay offers.

Not to be blunt but my attack jet kill/minute is higher than most people's KD ratio. If you are unknowledgeable about a topic don't pretend to be. It only spreads misinformation and isn't productive. You have under 10 jet kills in BF4 and I'm imagining the other titles look the same.
    I care about numbers that I can play with if it had massive churn is irrelevant. 

To be blunt who cares about you KPM in a plane, that just proves you want a game for a selected few to sit in a proctectived bubble bargaining while having fun at the cost of others, rather than balance fair and fun game for the many.

If you are unknowledgeable about a topic don't prentend to be, well said. Now use your own advice stop slandering me with incorrect stats by the way I don't care what my Kills are in a vehicle that requires a secret trick to fly better then others.   

Every player should be allowed to provide an opinion on how a game they purchased or want to purchase should play or handle.  Just because you spent time in a plane does not give you exclusive rights on how the whole game should be. 
  • PSJackman4
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would want to see WW2 again, or a cold war setting. Im tired of modern BF games, we have had SO many of those
  • Charredtoast67
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I care about numbers that I can play with if it had massive churn is irrelevant. 

To be blunt who cares about you KPM in a plane, that just proves you want a game for a selected few to sit in a proctectived bubble bargaining while having fun at the cost of others, rather than balance fair and fun game for the many.

If you are unknowledgeable about a topic don't prentend to be, well said. Now use your own advice stop slandering me with incorrect stats by the way I don't care what my Kills are in a vehicle that requires a secret trick to fly better then others.   

Every player should be allowed to provide an opinion on how a game they purchased or want to purchase should play or handle.  Just because you spent time in a plane does not give you exclusive rights on how the whole game should be. 

My feedback has more value than yours in terms of air balance. Period. You don’t actually have rational points to draw from and are lashing out based on emotion.

Did you even read my original post? I have over 100,500 attack jet kills. Are you really trying to say that you are better equipped to give feedback on something you know little to nothing about?

Sounds like your idea of “fair and fun” is reducing the skill ceiling to the point where a 5hr pilot can challenge someone who’s been flying for years. That’s exactly why the franchise is a meme now. You are not entitled to kill someone more skilled than you because they hurt your feelings by killing you too much.
  • Charredtoast67
    edited May 27
    (Quote)

Oh and yes people care, I’ve been offered PSN cards to teach people jets. The churn rate also affects you if you notice it or not. It shows the battlefield series is losing support.

I’ll tell you the same thing I tell every infantry player clinging onto this age old argument. If it’s op, get in one and get a 70+ kill game without dying. You probably couldn’t if I gave you an entire month.

People always try and hide their bias towards air players but I see right through it. They’re already balanced, people just refuse to counter them and adapt their play style when they notice a good jet is up.

I saw this other thread saying stingers should have a range of 5 miles like real life to counter jets. Of course, no buffs were recommended for the jets to counter this. They want to be able to lock us crossmap while we have to find a little speck on the ground with our naked eye to even begin engaging.

Well guess what? If the jets were more realistic they’d be able to go 2 to 3x as fast as they do, no pilot snipe-outs (cockpits are bullet resistant irl) targeting pods, and pretty much insta gib infantry. A hydra rocket weighs 10lbs, you’d be able to clear a whole flag and be across the map before anyone knew what happened. A targeting pod can detect ground targets from over 10 miles.

TLDR, they’re already balanced.

• -Antares65z
    1787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mikex2112 said:
    PackersDK said:
    Mikex2112 said:
    Since most of these comments are from people who have no idea what or how a good  battlefield title should be,let me help.
    EA/Dice wants to make a great BF title?
    Use the same formula that made 1942,Vietnam,BF2 and 2142 so successful.
    Cuz I guarantee its not found in BF1,BF3,BF4 or BFV...These games are dumbed down abominations of what was once a juggernaut of a franchise

Are you saying BF1 was not a succes? 

This is just your opinion, no more right or wrong than other posts.  Only difference is, you had to add that others are clueless and you are not. How classy. 

Not an opinion...These are facts.Feel free to inquire about past Battlefields.plenty of videos showing the massive decline in quality from this franchise.
    And it all began with BFBC2....BF1 a success? if compared to the more atrocious BFV..Then ya,its a huge success.Compared to the older titles,absolutely not.
    -

Let me give a better example:
    Older BF titles a player was able to hook up an artillery cannon and transport it around the map.
    Older BF titles a player can move the aircraft carrier around the map providing better spawn locations.
    Older BF titles a player can pilot a submarine.
    Older BF titles we a battle recorder.
    Older BF titles we had a EFFECTIVE AND PROPER COMMANDER ROLE.
    Older BF titles we 6 man squads.
    Older BF titles we had 2 man jets.
    Older BF titles we had mods.
    Older BF titles Vehicles were FEARED..Not looked at as easy to kill "fodder"
    And this is just the tip of the iceburg.
    -

What do we have now?
    Severely crippled and dumbed down arcade shooters that pander to the lazy,casual crowd that just want to hop on and grab a kill before dinner time.
    if you never played the older titles then you yourself have no room to say anything...Nada..
    You have no experience with these past titles so how would you even know how great these games once were?
    Thats right,you dont....People like you are the reason this franchise has went downhill.
    People like yourself will accept whatever game developers shove down your throat and be happy with it.
    This is not an attack on you personally,I just speak the truth..And the truth does/will sting.
    Probably a good indicator on where BF games are headed, look no further than today's young players entering the game. Jump on BF3 and take a look at what practically half of them are playing. CQ Metro, TDM Canals, 48-64P Rush. It's not a whole lot different with BF4. They tend to shy away from the larger maps with vehicles and stick to infantry focused maps. They often don't PTFO and play for K/D.  This doesn't represent all young new BF players, but certainly a good percentage of them. You have to imagine EA is taking that into account in their development efforts.
  • DingoKillr
    (Quote)

My feedback has more value than yours in terms of air balance. Period. You don’t actually have rational points to draw from and are lashing out based on emotion.

Did you even read my original post? I have over 100,500 attack jet kills. Are you really trying to say that you are better equipped to give feedback on something you know little to nothing about?

Sounds like your idea of “fair and fun” is reducing the skill ceiling to the point where a 5hr pilot can challenge someone who’s been flying for years. That’s exactly why the franchise is a meme now. You are not entitled to kill someone more skilled than you because they hurt your feelings by killing you too much.

No, your feedback has no more weight than any one else. I am not the one that jump in a thread attacking another players stats, while saying listen to me I am better.

BF has been a meme for every. It a game no player has a right to use a exploit then call it skill. Every player no matter how long they have played has the right to kill another.

Your problem is that you focused on planes then demand the cater to you and your small pack of cohorts. Which ignores the vast majority of players.

You don't what a combined arms you want some kind of distorted flight sim.

Note in this thread I never talked about air to air or air ground balance until you jump in attacking me on it.
  • MarauderFox
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would want to see WW2 again, or a cold war setting. Im tired of modern BF games, we have had SO many of those
    +1 to a period between Korea and the 90s, preferably the 60s. The WW2 setting is to fresh for Korea,

Probably a good indicator on where BF games are headed, look no further than today's young players entering the game. Jump on BF3 and take a look at what practically half of them are playing. CQ Metro, TDM Canals, 48-64P Rush. It's not a whole lot different with BF4. They tend to shy away from the larger maps with vehicles and stick to infantry focused maps.
    If people want infantry focused or exclusive gameplay, they will play whatever maps/modes provide it, whether its intended as such or not by Dice. The solution is to design maps (& maybe modes) for this, Sunken, Prop, Seine TDM; Highway, Damavand and Noshar Rush are great infantry focused maps & modes that incorporate vehicles, it can be done.
  • DingoKillr
    (Quote)

Oh and yes people care, I’ve been offered PSN cards to teach people jets. The churn rate also affects you if you notice it or not. It shows the battlefield series is losing support.

I’ll tell you the same thing I tell every infantry player clinging onto this age old argument. If it’s op, get in one and get a 70+ kill game without dying. You probably couldn’t if I gave you an entire month.

People always try and hide their bias towards air players but I see right through it. They’re already balanced, people just refuse to counter them and adapt their play style when they notice a good jet is up.

I saw this other thread saying stingers should have a range of 5 miles like real life to counter jets. Of course, no buffs were recommended for the jets to counter this. They want to be able to lock us crossmap while we have to find a little speck on the ground with our naked eye to even begin engaging.

Well guess what? If the jets were more realistic they’d be able to go 2 to 3x as fast as they do, no pilot snipe-outs (cockpits are bullet resistant irl) targeting pods, and pretty much insta gib infantry. A hydra rocket weighs 10lbs, you’d be able to clear a whole flag and be across the map before anyone knew what happened. A targeting pod can detect ground targets from over 10 miles.

What has this got to do with BF6 or me.

Nothing, no that should be a big fat NOTHING.

Complaining about bias of others. Get yourself a mirror.

Air-ground in BFV right now is the closet to balance any Air-ground has been since BF2142.
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 28
    My list for bf5
    Modern setting
    Bf4 armor and weapon mechanics
    Build on bf4 customization
    Dont develop new maps, improve and expand the best 16 maps of the series and use that as a starting point. Add more of them and then mabey a few new ones as dlc every few months
    Bring back premium pass
    5 man squads with bf3 perks.
    Dont waste money on a BR
    Keep it simple, a new shooter with bf4 mechanics would be the most popular bf ever.
    Bring back hardcore and rental servers. Like bf3-bf4
  • Charredtoast67
    edited May 28
    (Quote)

Air-ground in BFV right now is the closet to balance any Air-ground has been since BF2142.
    (Quote)

Once again, go read my earlier post. Yes you have a right to voice your opinion, but it ain’t worth much if you don’t know what you’re talking about. What does it have to do with BF6? They’re probably going modern again which means jets. Btw, combined arms includes aerial combat just as it has since 1942.

The “secret trick” to fly better than others is called practice. It’s not an exploit to be skilled in a jet. I don’t fly to boost my KD, I enjoy the fast paced gameplay it offers and have an interest in real aviation. I can do just as much damage (and with less effort) from a tank but dont find them as interesting or skillful.

So you’re saying Dice should scrap a whole class of vehicles, deliver a coup de grace to the dogfight community, and lessen the gameplay variety because a jet strafed you one time to many and it hurt your feelings?

When you get into a dogfight with a player who’s trained countless hours to get to that level, no, you do not deserve a participation trophy and deserve to kill him. You can earn it however as he did.

Dice has an ultimatum to make next battlefield. Reduce the skill ceiling to try and make the game more casual friendly, or honor the older players who like the formula that made battlefield what it used to be.
  • Charredtoast67
    That’s all I have to say on the matter. I don’t have time for a back and forth with you. Whether you’ll admit it or not, you are biased.
  • DingoKillr
    That’s all I have to say on the matter. I don’t have time for a back and forth with you. Whether you’ll admit it or not, you are biased.
    If someone mentions a plane you get a bee in your bonnet and start attacking using fake stats, tell them they know nothing and accuse them of say things they never have. 

With statements like these
    Blah, blah my opinion is more important then yours. 
    Blah, blah you are biased.
    Blah, blah I have more skill then you. 

Such brillant ways to make a point.

Just like a child.

You never stopped to think why people complain about planes or pilots, clearly not. 

• zoolex
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Something that I would like to see, is a Single-Player or 'Local-Play' mode for the User to have some casual fun against AI.

I liked the Co-Op Missions of Battlefield Bad Company 2 (DLC), and I even replayed some of them a few times. It would be nice to have a Player VS Environment Game Mode included in the game. EA could claim a real niche market by including this, and make a lot of people happy if they did it correctly. The important part is doing it correctly though.

Also, it would be nice to see a 'Modern' type of perspective (moving on from BF4). I like modern combat better than old combat, BF1 and BFV are both rather messy (like they should be given the era they are meant to represent), and I'm looking for something that's not quite so messy. I did find Paintball Mode from CoDAW rather fun as it felt more relaxed.

Another feature that I have got to see, is a larger Campaign Mode. I completed the BF1 Campaign on the PC in a single night, it was a very short run. I'm actually going to do the BF4 Campaign again very soon, and I will aim to do it in under 6 hours (no stopping, just clean, and precise). It's the Campaign Mode that I'm paying for in a game, so it needs to be good, not just something I can do in a single night without trying.

That's my input, I hope at least some if not all of what I've said is implemented in some way into the game.
  • Charredtoast67
    edited May 28
    (Quote)
    If someone mentions a plane you get a bee in your bonnet and start attacking using fake stats, tell them they know nothing and accuse them of say things they never have. 

With statements like these
    Blah, blah my opinion is more important then yours. 
    Blah, blah you are biased.
    Blah, blah I have more skill then you. 

Such brillant ways to make a point.

Just like a child.

You never stopped to think why people complain about planes or pilots, clearly not. 

Fake stats? Lol I’m done. I used to fly competitive attack jet and flew in the 2019 PS4 dogfight ladder. Accusing me of hacking because I understand how to play the game effectively. That makes your arguments look real credible.

And yes I have but I’m not going to paraphrase the subject as it’s very lengthy. “A pilots perspective on jet balance.” Feel free to check it out if there’s not too many words for you

• KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Neon82UK said:

* Cross-Platform Play (This NEEDS to be in the next Battlefield, too many games do it now for it not to. It extends the lifespan of the game and gives more oppertunity for competition)
    This needs to be an option though. I hate forced crossplay in MW.

I REALLY like extreme weather, but it would be better if it wasn't on a set timescale like BF4 as part of levolution. The storm on the Parcel Storm map was one of my favourites in BF4 and I really like the blizzards in BFV.
    Easy fix... They just need to give a ton of options with their Rented Server Program. All they need to do is give the server owner the option to enable or disable cross platform play. Maybe go a step further and ask what they would like to enable cross platform play with.
  • KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Because they didn't spend the time to get good with one and/or can't think of the variety of ways they can be countered?