BF 6 Expectations

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That’s all I have to say on the matter. I don’t have time for a back and forth with you. Whether you’ll admit it or not, you are biased.

You never stopped to think why people complain about planes or pilots, clearly not. 

Because they didn't spend the time to get good with one and/or can't think of the variety of ways they can be countered?
    Yawn, same old argument it is other players problem.  No, it is DICE listen to a minority called pilots and how they think Air-Ground balance should be. While ignoring what really is happening.

This is a game no one should have to spend hundreds of hours to use a single aspect. Do you really want to to spend 100hrs just to learn to drive a jeep. The whole spend time to get gud is beyond old. Many players have real lives to deal with so would be lucky to spend a couple hours a week.

Beside the lack of availability of planes where the first in stay in the whole round. That has nothing to do with skill. 
    The arrogance of pilots to ask others to do what they themselves refuse to do.
     - Demanding teamwork to destroy planes, yet require none to destroy AA or tanks. 
     - Demanding that any counter be weak enough so pilots can counnter it,  while wanting the ability to be strong enough to kill many quickly.
     - Belittle others while claiming they are special and have more rights then other players. 

Then we have the times we hear the words like "pilot truce" all because a minority don't like the balance. 
  • Charredtoast67
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 29
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yawn, same old argument it is other players problem.  No, it is DICE listen to a minority called pilots and how they think Air-Ground balance should be. While ignoring what really is happening.

This is a game no one should have to spend hundreds of hours to use a single aspect. Do you really want to to spend 100hrs just to learn to drive a jeep. The whole spend time to get gud is beyond old. Many players have real lives to deal with so would be lucky to spend a couple hours a week.

Beside the lack of availability of planes where the first in stay in the whole round. That has nothing to do with skill. 
     - Demanding teamwork to destroy planes, yet require none to destroy AA or tanks. 
     - Demanding that any counter be weak enough so pilots can counnter it,  while wanting the ability to be strong enough to kill many quickly.
     - Belittle others while claiming they are special and have more rights then other players. 

Then we have the times we hear the words like "pilot truce" all because a minority don't like the balance. 

He’s a lost cause Korpus, it’s like trying to talk to a rock. He accused me of hacking for having decent stats. Nothing but entitlement and ignorance. If you think jets take no skill you are horribly mistaken
  • -Antares65z
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    (Quote)

He’s a lost cause Korpus, it’s like trying to talk to a rock. He accused me of hacking for having decent stats. Nothing but entitlement and ignorance. If you think jets take no skill you are horribly mistaken
    Where are your stats? I'm not finding you on Battlefield tracker under any of the three platforms. Let me guess. You're one of those noobs who hangs out in planes all day and farms infantry and thinks he's a skilled player right? 
  • Trokey66
    9112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    And people wonder why I coined the phrase 'Pretend Pilots'........

All the self indulgent arrogance of real pilots but they only twiddle their thumbs.
  • CSO7777
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That’s all I have to say on the matter. I don’t have time for a back and forth with you. Whether you’ll admit it or not, you are biased.

You never stopped to think why people complain about planes or pilots, clearly not. 

Because they didn't spend the time to get good with one and/or can't think of the variety of ways they can be countered?
    When Dice introduced bombers to BF1 (and BFV) they made a big mistake. They will never be able to balance bombers against infantry without either making bombers totally useless or overpowered. Having a class of vehicles that cannot capture flags, but with a main purpose of destroying infantry (capturing flags in small areas), is a big mistake.

BF4 had pretty overpowering vehicles, but that was more a problem of often having too many vehicles on the maps. This was changed in BF1, but then we got bombers instead...
  • Charredtoast67
    (Quote)
    Where are your stats? I'm not finding you on Battlefield tracker under any of the three platforms. Let me guess. You're one of those noobs who hangs out in planes all day and farms infantry and thinks he's a skilled player right? 

Noob, less than 0.01% of the player base can hold their own against me in a dogfight, pick one. Now that I have a larger audience can any one of you put up a 70 kill game in a BF4 attack jet without dying? Or are you just bandwagoning together because you hate air vehicles and lack the skill to fly one yourself?

I’ve actually gotten bored of flying pubs and began teaching myself to learn to tank lately. Yesterday I had 4 kills per minute driving a Type 99 mbt. Only time I touch a jet these days is 1v1 dogfight servers against people that offer an actual challenge
  • Charredtoast67
    edited May 29
    If any of you have PS4 and think it’s “easy” to dogfight come at me and I’ll happily kick your teeth in. Jet 1v1s are the most difficult thing to master in the entire game.

You may despise me for telling you the truth but I’m not going to lie to make you like me. I see the demographic I’m speaking to and frankly it’s a waste of time. Learning to use something effectively doesn’t make it op.

This is like complaining you can’t beat a chess master because he’s more skilled than you despite having access to the exact same pieces he does.

Funny how jets get all the flak yet an attack chopper can routinely drop 100+ kill games and nobody bats an eye. I play alongside KingDylan666 and I’ve seen it first hand. I’ve seen him go 160 kills without dying in 30 minutes. Meanwhile an absolute top-tier jet pilot would be hard pressed to put up half of that within the same time frame.

I feel that most of you want battlefield to be some military themed Star Wars battlefront.

Edit: I have over 25,000 Aek kills and 30,000 Famas kills on my alt.
    Post edited by Charredtoast67 on
  • KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's not my fault after all these years you're still stuck on how to deal with air. Not my fault, not any pilot's fault either. Also the MAA could deal with air by itself. Get good with tow missiles or tv missiles is another approach you could have invested time in (and yes this works and I've seen GOOD players tow/tv air with great success). The list can go on and on (along with one hit lock ons in BF4). Anyways there is no point in arguing about this with someone who can't admit they have the tools, but not the strategy/skill to put it to use.

It's either you want a casual game where it takes no time at all to get good at (low skill ceiling) or a game where it takes time and practice to get good at (high skill ceiling). You seem to want easy mode. You don't need to spend countless hours to get good at something, especially in a public space (if you're planning on playing competitively you'll want to invest more and grind, yes) where you only need to be average to succeed at the top of the scoreboard.

To keep this on topic, I would very much love to see BF6 adopt the skill required to play the older Battlefield titles, rather than BF1 or BFV.
  • KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Yeah, I've went back and forth with him numerous times on the BF4 battlelog forums when they were up. Haha. Still to this day he is clueless on how to deal with air.
  • KorpusDraige
    Trokey66 said:

All the self indulgent arrogance of real pilots but they only twiddle their thumbs.
    Obviously "fake pilots", just as infantry are "fake infantry" along with everything else. Unless you mean a REAL pilot who plays Battlefield, but if they don't know the mechanics they'd still get wrecked by a "fake pilot".

I have more infantry kills than you, so I'm not only a " fake pilot".

CSO7777 said:

When Dice introduced bombers to BF1 (and BFV) they made a big mistake. They will never be able to balance bombers against infantry without either making bombers totally useless or overpowered. Having a class of vehicles that cannot capture flags, but with a main purpose of destroying infantry (capturing flags in small areas), is a big mistake.

BF4 had pretty overpowering vehicles, but that was more a problem of often having too many vehicles on the maps. This was changed in BF1, but then we got bombers instead...
    BF4 having too many vehicles? At least with BF4 it was 2 jets per side and you're not able to pick two attack jets. In BF1 and BFV you had 3-4 planes per side in most cases and you could pick all bombers if you chose to. However, I didn't have many problems taking down a bomber in BF1.
  • KorpusDraige
    Trokey66 said:

Obviously "fake pilots", just as infantry are "fake infantry" along with everything else. Unless you mean a REAL pilot who plays Battlefield, but if they don't know the mechanics they'd still get wrecked by a "fake pilot".

I have more infantry kills than you, so I'm not only a " fake pilot".

CSO7777 said:

BF4 having too many vehicles? At least with BF4 it was 2 jets per side and you're not able to pick two attack jets. In BF1 and BFV you had 3-4 planes per side in most cases and you could pick all bombers if you chose to. However, I didn't have many problems taking down a bomber in BF1.
  • clxzen
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably a good indicator on where BF games are headed, look no further than today's young players entering the game. Jump on BF3 and take a look at what practically half of them are playing. CQ Metro, TDM Canals, 48-64P Rush. It's not a whole lot different with BF4. They tend to shy away from the larger maps with vehicles and stick to infantry focused maps.
    If people want infantry focused or exclusive gameplay, they will play whatever maps/modes provide it, whether its intended as such or not by Dice. The solution is to design maps (& maybe modes) for this, Sunken, Prop, Seine TDM; Highway, Damavand and Noshar Rush are great infantry focused maps & modes that incorporate vehicles, it can be done.
    Would be nice if Dice could make more use of previous squad modes like Squad Rush, Squad Obliteration etc and add a match making system for it. Gives infantry players more options and enforces teamwork within those modes instead of Dice attempting to tweak a game to force teamwork like they tried to in BFV.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    The only thing that can saves BATTLEFIELD is to get back to its ROOTS

And this is wat atleast is needed:
    • First of all a CTE Version (to test with the community, listen to it, and help out to fix thing's that users report take them seriously) (like on BF4 you guys did)
    • Battlelog 2.0 (mybe API) Where people/sever owners can Post/Anncounce/Commment on there Team mates, New to form Platoon`s etc etc (like BF3/BF4 had)
    • Own Server with Procon 2.0
    • 1 Site to track down all bugs/fixes (meaning stick on battlefield.com forum) (don`t use numbers of websites ask for bugs/or wat ever....., only use all media for marketing purpose)
    • Active Forum members (like they days here on battlefield.com with BF3/BF4) that don't close down Topic`s for own benifit, or ban/close down theards of users with there opion/comments. (if following quide lines ofc)
    • Re-Open of BUG`s Topic (dont leave it close, its there for)
    • PREMIUM Maps with a desent path of releaseing update/maps and END game (like BF3/B4)
    •  DEV`s should be always present of battlefield.com. to report, respone and help on bug/fixes.
    • Balancer, bud we can fix ower own on own servers.
    • Punkbuster?
    • I`ll keep it short..can go on all day so it stop for now.
    And mybe,  I say mybe the community will return, if not the next battlefield fail/and it`s all over.

• MarauderFox
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    clxzen said:
    Would be nice if Dice could make more use of previous squad modes like Squad Rush, Squad Obliteration etc and add a match making system for it. Gives infantry players more options and enforces teamwork within those modes instead of Dice attempting to tweak a game to force teamwork like they tried to in BFV.
    Ideally Dice should have as few modes & variations as possible to avoid thinly distributing the player-base, when people see a low population for certain modes, they're less likely to queue & soon the mode is dead.
    Team or Squad variations of the modes: Deathmatch, CTF/Domination, Defuse, Gun Master & Chainlink is more than enough. If the maps are well designed & balanced for team/squad modes, we'll see the return of mixed mode servers we enjoyed in BC2 & BF3.
    No one likes limited time game-modes, but without the CTE, it's the best method to play-test new modes or deliver content without diluting the playerbase in the long-run, which is becoming more of a problem.
  • SpoolaZ
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The only thing you can expect is a fat misleading advertising campaign that will lure you back with empty promises about how good everything will be again, if you pre-order.
  • TeamHOFF86
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Regarding the bombers debate, perhaps there should only be one class of fighter in a modern warfare setting, which would be a ground attack configuration. Instead of a bomber, I would welcome back the semi controllable AC130 unlockable when gaining control of a key strategic point. This would be reminiscent of BF3.

The AC130 was not completely overpowered, and was fairly easily countered, and had a decent amount of upside.

This would reset the air gameplay to that reminiscent of BF3 & 4, due to the addition of helicopters.

The issue that 1 & 5 had was in the lack of technology available for the chosen period, which meant that they were limited to fighters, bombers and hybrid aircraft. If bombers were removed, that would leave fighters (in the purest air to air combat sense) and ground attack fighters/fighter bombers. Having pure air to air fighters would be of limited use to the teams in the grand scheme of battle, and so we would have been left with just the hybrid ground attack/fighter bombers. In providing us with variety, they've struggled to really balance the air/ground aspect of gameplay.

Maybe DICE would have been better off with giving us less variety for a more easily balanced game in respect of air/ground warfare.
  • clxzen
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    The only thing you can expect is a fat misleading advertising campaign that will lure you back with empty promises about how good everything will be again, if you pre-order.
    Just gotta treat the beta as if it were the final game thats what I do.
  • KorpusDraige

The issue that 1 & 5 had was in the lack of technology available for the chosen period, which meant that they were limited to fighters, bombers and hybrid aircraft. If bombers were removed, that would leave fighters (in the purest air to air combat sense) and ground attack fighters/fighter bombers. Having pure air to air fighters would be of limited use to the teams in the grand scheme of battle, and so we would have been left with just the hybrid ground attack/fighter bombers. In providing us with variety, they've struggled to really balance the air/ground aspect of gameplay.

The other issue with BF1 and BFV is they allowed people to pick the same class type as someone else, so you could have 3 fighters, 3 bombers or 3 attacks (sometimes up to 5 in certain maps). They needed to leave it to be 1 fighter, 1 bomber and 1 attack or trade some out and had 1 bomber, 1 fighter on some maps and like 1 fighter, 1 attack on other maps.
  • cupQf_joe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of battlefield 6 how about another bad company? Or maybe redo 2142...I kinda miss the titan game mode.

aside from that whatever it may be
    -put out a free playable demo[like the time around 2142 if anyone remembers]
         ~months before official release and is playable until the official release...
         ~multiplayer[maybe one or two of the maps from that will be in the game]
         ~IS FREE...not for just those who pre-ordered.*not preordering another BF title until things get back on track.
    ****LET PEOPLE TRY BEFORE THEY BUY THIS TIME****

-a COMPLETE game when released
         ~multiplayer focused....that single player/story filled stuff..Don't need that
         ~a balanced game...lost your touch here
         ~100+ player servers...one of the things bf is known for are is massive player filled servers how yall let COD top yall on that
         ~ way better support for your community

-the commander feature...maybe????

-up to 6 player squads
         ~stop forcing players into squads. if i want to join one while in game i will find one..let me lone wolf and not have to create a squad just to do that.

-whatever time period that is choosen for the next BF(except for future)...better be damn accurate...to think one can screw up WW2
         ~dont let a little girl make corporate decisions -- that went well

-complete desctuction of environment(like in bad company 2) paired with rebuilding like that in BFV

Am i suggesting too much lol

• BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Modern. In the vain of BF3. Smaller maps. More infantry focus. A whole lot more buildings and less open spaces. Bring back buildings we're tired of 2 floor houses. More indoor maps. BF3/4 ttk. Vastly improved visibility and full rework of how enemies look so no one can hide in plain sight. No gimmicks. No animations. Maps that look different, different colours, regions, topography, etc... 1000% more cover everywhere. Remaster 5 of the highest rated BF3/4 maps or recreate them. Ban anyone who disagrees with anything above and anyone who says they want animations or hiding is legit strategy or huge maps.