Why so few people using RSC 1917

karkeris
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Ok, so i'm pretty new to the game, and from all medic weapons i played i loved RSC the most, the 2hit kill is insane in my opinion. But i noticed that there are almost no medics with this gun. Maybe someone can explain why, what minus does it have over the other guns?

Comments

• the_yakuza17
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy using the RSC1917 too although I prefer the optical variant. The small magazine capacity and the slow rate of fire basically make it less appealing and more difficult to use compared to most other medic guns. I've heard it referred to a "skill cannon". It takes some practice but it can be lethal in the right hands! 
  • BadWellzy89
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've started to use it the past few weeks. Optical variant. It's a beast. Rack up some good K/D with this gun. Just pop people off mid range.
  • ronybaloney
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Optical variant is one of my favorite guns. I've always chuckled at the "skill cannon" label, as I am anything but a skilled player. But I do very well with the RSC.
    It's the two shot kill that does it for me. I have crappy aim and slow reactions because I am old (52) so this gun with it's slower rate of fire and lethal payload just grooves so well for me. It has excellent range as well. On the other hand, I suck horribly at most of the 3 shot SLR's (Cei, Selb, Auto .35, Mondragon etc.) I find the fast fire rates and having to actually hit someone 3 times before they kill me or find cover to be challenging. So yea, give this scrub the 'ol skill cannon any day. B)
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the 3 loadout in my classes set up for something like close range, long range combat and an all-round class. 

My long range Medic is almost alway equipped with the RSC. I’ve tried some sniper variants, like the Mondragon, but I suck with those, so the RSC it is.

I believe it’s my most used Medic gun, with the Mondragon Storm and 1907 Sweeper close behind. So I agree it’s awesome, and for that reason I’m perfectly fine with so few players using it!
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The vast majority of people just aren't accurate enough to make it pay off.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1231 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a skill cannon; it greatly rewards those with good aim and patience. However, for better or for worse, more players prefer blasting away with "easier" guns such as the Federov Avtomat (not that there is anything wrong with that) than using the RSC.
  • ElliotLH
    9437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used the Factory version (never got on with the Optical for some reason) for 6 stars but just prefer other weapons.
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Also, the medic is perhaps more about 'helping' in combat - keeping people's heads down - and healing the ones that do the more serious damage.

The RSC is all about efficient (if you're accurate) killing.

The Avtomat is more about defense and suppression. The Faquar-Hill is a good for spamming lots of shots while you throw meds around.

As a medic, I tend to follow an assault or support player and I provide extra damage - often that team member dies and I finish off the enemy and revive, but I'm not looking for kills. There are better guns than the RSC to enable that.
  • ronybaloney
    It's a skill cannon; it greatly rewards those with good aim and patience. However, for better or for worse, more players prefer blasting away with "easier" guns such as the Federov Avtomat (not that there is anything wrong with that) than using the RSC.

I Just don't understand the "skill cannon" tag. Auto .35 for instance is waaaay more of a skill cannon in my mind. Only a 5 round mag and only one kill before reload. 6 shots with the RSC and 3 kills. Better range too. It's the easiest of all the SLRs for me, and I suck. Not trying to be contrary here, but I really need a better explanation why this is revered as a skill cannon. Seems like the RSC in the hands of a truly skilled player would be pretty OP as far as the SLR's go. No?
  • research-kitchen
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use RSC on a 200% damage server it's a 1 shot kill.  Nothing like counter sniping with it.  Should give it a try if you like the RSC.
  • ronybaloney
    Honestly, I've never played Hardcore as I thought I wouldn't be able to hang. But I like your suggestion and I will try it sometime.
  • Tunza42
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another reason you may not see it often is due to it been locked behind a DLC paywall.  A lot of players still don't have the DLC (which i think is completely insane at this point...... it quadruples the size of the game!) even though on PC you can get BF1 revolution for about 12 bucks AUD very often.  its only 7 bucks more than the base game when on sale ($5) but the value is in the revolution edition.

Bit of a tangent there, but yea that will be contributing to less players using it.
  • the_yakuza17
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I Just don't understand the "skill cannon" tag. Auto .35 for instance is waaaay more of a skill cannon in my mind. Only a 5 round mag and only one kill before reload. 6 shots with the RSC and 3 kills. Better range too. It's the easiest of all the SLRs for me, and I suck. Not trying to be contrary here, but I really need a better explanation why this is revered as a skill cannon. Seems like the RSC in the hands of a truly skilled player would be pretty OP as far as the SLR's go. No?
    Good point. I've tried using the Auto .35 (sniper too) and they both can kill very quickly due to the high rate of fire but only one enemy per clip so it kind of forces you to stay with teammates since it's hard to engage multiple enemies at once on your own. I think many players don't have good aim so it's easier to spray until the clip is empty so guns with small magazines (what's the difference between a clip and magazine?) are not as popular. 

Tangent: another good but rarely used medic gun to try is the General Liu Rifle. Only six rounds but fast rate of fire so good for 1 v 1 close quarter encounters BUT it also can switch to bolt action and becomes an iron sight sniper rifle with one hit kill potential. This makes the General Liu very versatile! I think I've shocked many scout players when they get one hit killed by a medic!

• The_BERG_366
    2763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, the medic is perhaps more about 'helping' in combat - keeping people's heads down - and healing the ones that do the more serious damage.

The Avtomat is more about defense and suppression. The Faquar-Hill is a good for spamming lots of shots while you throw meds around.

As a medic, I tend to follow an assault or support player and I provide extra damage - often that team member dies and I finish off the enemy and revive, but I'm not looking for kills. There are better guns than the RSC to enable that.
    the Avtaomat is hands down THE best gun for slaying in this game (of course the fact that its on the medic is important here as well). i don't see how its supposed to be about supression or defense. those are rather its weaknesses...
  • disposalist

the Avtaomat is hands down THE best gun for slaying in this game (of course the fact that its on the medic is important here as well). i don't see how its supposed to be about supression or defense. those are rather its weaknesses...
    It's *more* suppression and defensive because you can choose to spray rounds at the cost of accuracy. Of course, you *can* use it more accurately and offensively, but I'm saying something like an RSC you can *only* use accurately and offensively. It is less versatile.
  • Ronin9572
    1268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tunza42 wrote: »
    Another reason you may not see it often is due to it been locked behind a DLC paywall.  A lot of players still don't have the DLC (which i think is completely insane at this point...... it quadruples the size of the game!) even though on PC you can get BF1 revolution for about 12 bucks AUD very often.  its only 7 bucks more than the base game when on sale ($5) but the value is in the revolution edition.
    Bit of a tangent there, but yea that will be contributing to less players using it.

Your right about many players not having the dlc's. I've seen Revolution in the PS Store for $10, as well as the standard edition and Premium pass. But than they Jack the price up to $40 for each now! Think they are trying to cash in on alot of ppl being home atm. The funny thing is I remember buying the base game a week before TSNP came out for $25, than 9 months later I got Premium pass for $20. I've most certainly gotten my money's worth! I've even gone back to playing daily after walking away from Red Dead Online.
  • WetFishDB
    2326 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I love the RSC, but as soon as you come up against a bullet sponge (high pinger etc) then it becomes less fun to use due to the limited bullet count.
  • The_BERG_366
    2763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's *more* suppression and defensive because you can choose to spray rounds at the cost of accuracy. Of course, you *can* use it more accurately and offensively, but I'm saying something like an RSC you can *only* use accurately and offensively. It is less versatile.
    ah so you mean you can use it for that better than the others? i would agree with that, i just don't think that this gun is "about that". In fact i think that none of the medic guns are about suppressing. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The RSC suffers when the game’s hit reg gets sleepy (when a bunch of 100ms+ players infest the lobby). Even when it works the gun has absolutely no benefit for headshots which works against Medic hugely imo. Aside from that it is good.
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The RSC suffers when the game’s hit reg gets sleepy (when a bunch of 100ms+ players infest the lobby). Even when it works the gun has absolutely no benefit for headshots which works against Medic hugely imo. Aside from that it is good.

I’m almost sure you get 90 damage headshots. I could be wrong though.