The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    The videos show nothing than bad pilots who do not even try to avoid or attack the FF threat.
    A well trained chimp could do better.

And how would the pilot see the threat ??????? But the Fliger guy could easy see the pilot and one shot kill him. I would say a blind player could use the fliger and the AA now and shoot planes without aiming, go and check the other videos you might change your point of view, for your info. I didnt record those clips it's the comunity sharing their point of view
    The pilot does not need to see the threat, he needs to assume it will be there and approach accordingly.
    Back when the FF was introduced and everyone and their granny was using it, I quickly learned that a telegraphed and straight line approach on the enemy base would get my plane fausted so I took measures such as flanking the enemies with the plane and breaking the line of sight on the way out of there.
    I am very far from being the best pilot out there so I am sure all the better ones also did it.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    The best pilot in the world the last 2 BF games only going 27-2 on the most OP plane map says it all. Imagen the best infantry player in the world only going 27-2 on Devastation. Imagen stodeh only going 27-2 on Aerodrome. You cant balance the game around @Frindly-Fire-4.
    Using his stats to say air vs ground is balanced is just wrong imo.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Personally I think it would had been more fun for a plane to be balanced to be more deadly while being vulnerable. A glass cannon asset.
    The balancing changes targeting planes pre 6.6 only made planes more boring to fly while retaining their survivability.  In 6.6 the survivability got taken down a notch but it did not help made flying for your team more rewarding.
    If the impact for flying is the same or less than being on the ground, why would I want to get in the air and not stay infantry or a tank?
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • cashm0n3y08
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    @SirBobdk Not sure about the mosquito, but if you are using the VB or G2 rockets it only requires 2 strafe runs and connecting with all missiles, which isn't that hard for a well experienced pilot, novices and average pilots will probably find this challenge difficult. 
    Waw. I knew about the VB rockets but didnt know that you could do it with G2 rockets. I have only used them against infantry thinking they were to week against armor. Thx, gonna try it. 👍

Destroyed 18 planes on hamada from the Hill with flakpanzer. Got the nickname SirBobdick 😂 In chat.
    Have to try the Flakpanzer on Arras 🤪
    Yeah, the G2 rockets are just as good. If you're in a flakpanzer on Arras I'd hide in one of the hedgerows and literally wait until a british plane flies into your spawn to resupply and light him up. That's my biggest fear as a pilot, is an AA that waits until I'm literally on top of him before they start shooting. 
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

I damaged many planes (best hit scored 67 points) but killed only two.

3 rounds pacific.

I don't see a problem. Babysit the sky all day and destroy planes. I still play in servers where I have to switch to the FF because no one will do it.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Celsi_GER said:

Hahaha, me making a video... I am 51y.o., guys, I am happy that I still can operate my bluray player ;)
    Hahaha, same here. :D
    Would have no idea about how to make a video or even uploading it.
    But I agree. We are running around in circles in the discussion.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 4
     I still play in servers where I have to switch to the FF because no one will do it.
    I am in the same boat too.
    Like when the FF got introduced, a lot more people use AA now, creating a distorted situation where the presence of the AA in the average round is much bigger than normal (for example 2-3 AA tanks on the Panzerstorm per side).
    When the novelty of the better AA will go away, the usage rate will drop again just like it dropped for the FF even before it got the first nerfs and we will be back to being "the only guy who tries to fight off the planes"
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I don't see a problem. Babysit the sky all day and destroy planes. I still play in servers where I have to switch to the FF because no one will do it.

This is part of the problem. We have complaints that the FF is op, and it may well be, but in reality there still won't be many using it as most of the time on nearly all of the maps tanks are a bigger issue.
  • SirBobdk
    (Quote)

This is part of the problem. We have complaints that the FF is op, and it may well be, but in reality there still won't be many using it as most of the time on nearly all of the maps tanks are a bigger issue.
    But that's Battlefield. Its about choices. You can't have it all.

• Hawxxeye
    edited June 4
    SirBobdk said:
    (Quote)

The Action Man can almost have it all.
    Even with the FF equipped, he can carry 3 dynamites (or the gren launcher or 4 AT mines) and an AT grenade. That can still put plenty of hurt in a tank that dares to leave its safe spawn.
    It is a really bad time to be a tank which actually tries to help its team win instead of farming kills from safespots. Like a third of the team is at last a part time AT soldier even when they do not try to.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)

Not complaining at all just pointing out that on most maps there won't be that many FF about. Add in the deployment time which, without slings and swivels, is long enough to be too slow unless your eyes are glued to the sky I think it's effectiveness is being slightly overstated.

It didn't need a (damage)buff though, just faster deploy, quicker reload (it's like the FF really likes to look where it's rockets are going) and availability to the support class.
  • SirBobdk
    edited June 4
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)

Not complaining at all just pointing out that on most maps there won't be that many FF about. Add in the deployment time which, without slings and swivels, is long enough to be too slow unless your eyes are glued to the sky I think it's effectiveness is being slightly overstated.

It didn't need a (damage)buff though, just faster deploy, quicker reload (it's like the FF really likes to look where it's rockets are going) and availability to the support class.
    I know your were not complaining :-)
    I'm actually ok with FF as it is now. Its deadly and you have to fly carefully and not to close to ground, but infantry have got a good weapon and dont have to depend on AA.
    Its the combination with the AA buff and especially the increased range of AA that creates a huge problem imo.
    There is very little space on vanilla maps to fly without just one AA can cover most of the flags. If you then ad a MAA and people using FF it becomes impossible and only the high skilled pilot stand a chance. Bombers dont have to fear fighters, but are to slow to escape the AA. Fighters have lost their primary role and are now infantry hunters with rockets. Attack planes like the Mosquito and Stuka are the best choice. A lot of fun are taken out of air and I don't mean farming infantry, killstreak or KDR, but dogfighting and the battle between fighters and bombers/attack planes. All there is left is just spamming rockets at infantry, return to rearm and repeat. Having fun in a BF game is not about kdr or number of kills for me. Its the different thing you can do and when they get limited it gets boring.
    Wishing we could separate the discussion between Vanilla and Pacific planes. I don't play Pacific and see a big imbalance on Vanilla maps.
  • AngrySquid270
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

I damaged many planes (best hit scored 67 points) but killed only two.

3 rounds pacific.

Let's break down that video with the help of Battlefield tracker:

-Over three Breakthrough matches you got 20 plane kills.  10 of which were already damaged. So only about 3-4 unassiated kills per 35min match.
    -From the scoreboards it looks like you completely sold out and were 100% dedicated to killing planes.  Priority #1, #2 and #3 was to kill planes.
    -Of the 10 pilots you killed, only one was experienced.  8 of your 20 kills came against brand new pilots who had a combined 0 plane kills and 13min of flying time.  These pilots were a bigger threat to the trees than your team.

6x  LittleGeorge2005    (0 career kills as a pilot, 7m 20s of total flying time)
    2x Count_Kill  (159 career kills as a pilot, 0.24 KPM)
    2x NickXWings (31 career kills as a pilot, .11 KPM)
    2x SKY9T_tucco (8206 career kills as a pilot, .91 KPM)
    2x Spartan117Will83 (250 career kills as a pilot, 0.52 KPM
    1x 2Keeey (59 career kills as a pilot, 0.17 KPM)
    1x Abnrmal (0 career kills as a pilot, 2min 25s of of experience as a pilot)
    1x aI_baghdadi (0 career kills as a pilot, 3min of experience of as a pilot)
    1x Mr_Lemon1111 (239 career kills as a pilot, 0.42 KPM)
    1x manufactured1(stats private)

Honestly that doesn't scream OP to me.   

If we establish 10 assisted and 10 unassisted kills in the above scenario as being OP, then what would qualify as balanced in your opinion?  If the FF was 'balanced' how many kills should you have gotten?  

• Frindly-Fire-4
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

-Over three Breakthrough matches you got 20 plane kills.  10 of which were already damaged. So only about 3-4 unassiated kills per 35min match.
    -From the scoreboards it looks like you completely sold out and were 100% dedicated to killing planes.  Priority #1, #2 and #3 was to kill planes.
    -Of the 10 pilots you killed, only one was experienced.  8 of your 20 kills came against brand new pilots who had a combined 0 plane kills and 13min of flying time.  These pilots were a bigger threat to the trees than your team.

6x  LittleGeorge2005    (0 career kills as a pilot, 7m 20s of total flying time)

If we establish 10 assisted and 10 unassisted kills in the above scenario as being OP, then what would qualify as balanced in your opinion?  If the FF was 'balanced' how many kills should you have gotten?  

So you think AA and fliger after patch 6.6 did not destroy the air game play ? If so how about you get into a plane and record and show us ?
  • AngrySquid270
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    (Quote)

So you think AA and fliger after patch 6.6 did not destroy the air game play ? If so how about you get into a plane and record and show us ?

Answer my question first and I'll answer yours.

For the scenario laid out about how many kills would be fair for the FF user? If 10 assisted / 10 unassisted is unfair, then tell me what is fair.

I'm genuinely curious what pilots think.
  • SirBobdk
    edited June 4

FF is fine, SAA/MAA damage is fine but not the range. 
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA was completely fine before this update now you can't escape it 
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    given there are usually 2 planes per map and a long respawn time this is mental - DICE cannot balance for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Answer my question first and I'll answer yours.

For the scenario laid out about how many kills would be fair for the FF user? If 10 assisted / 10 unassisted is unfair, then tell me what is fair.

I dont use Fliger nor AA I take down planes with a plane, this post only have lots of videos to show how the AA and the Fliger are way to op , and you need to understand that a pilot without flares or spot can't see the targets but on the other hand any one can see a plane coming ,and just as a ref. After patch 6.6 there is more than 6 posts on the forums talking about it. You can read what the guys that uses fliger said about it in this post i am not a fliger expert .