Weird stutter with 9700K and 2080 Ti on Campaign

7y7h9898
36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 3
Hello.

PC:
Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
Cpu: i7-9700K stock 4600MHZ with Noctua NH-D15 temps are low like 50-55C
Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 750W TX
mb: Aorus Z390 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB
HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I am getting random stuttering on this game in campaign mode, mission Tirraleur ( french ). All details ULTRA,RTX ULTRA,1440P.
There is fps drops and gpu load drops from 97% to 70% for 1 second. Any ideas? I am on newest nvidia driver. Windows 1903v.
I tried turning off MSI AFTERBURNER RTSS off but the same. Full screen optimization not helping. All background programs closed.
Is this issue with currenty version of game?

Even if i am standing on the same place in game ( Not touching mouse and keyboard ) i see 85fps and after 5 minutes or 10 minutes it drops to 72fps with gpu load drop to 72% for 1 second and back again to 96%. Thx

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your hardware seems to be more than capable to handle it.
    Anyway, try the freeware tool ISLC (default settings) and see if it solves the problem. If it does, there is something wrong with your RAM.
  • 7y7h9898
    Sorry it dropping from 96% to 90% for 1 second. And fps goes down from 85FPS to 72FPS and back again to 85fps. 
    It could be ram really?
  • OskooI_007
    1288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    BFV has issues with DX12 causing stuttering due to shaders being compiled on-the-fly during gameplay, instead of precompiling them. Try DX11 and see if the stuttering stops.
  • Celsi_GER
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    7y7h9898 wrote: »
    Sorry it dropping from 96% to 90% for 1 second. And fps goes down from 85FPS to 72FPS and back again to 85fps. 
    It could be ram really?

I don't really think it's the RAM, because 32GB is more than sufficient.
    But such problems are always difficult to solve, so I always start by excluding the usual suspects. Excluding RAM by using ISLC is a matter of 5 minutes, this is why I suggested it.

My next suspect would be thermal issues of GPU amd then CPU (maybe they go into throttling due to this)
  • BassMan_PC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turn off DXR and see if it still stutters. Stutters with DXR on is a known issue.
  • 7y7h9898
    Even on mission TIRRALEUR stutter? + i am not playing but just standing and not touching mouse and keyboard. Just observing fps. 83-85fps and after moment it drops to 72-75fps and goes back to 85fps. It happens randomly. Only enemies are shooting each other.
  • BassMan_PC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    7y7h9898 said:
    Even on mission TIRRALEUR stutter? + i am not playing but just standing and not touching mouse and keyboard. Just observing fps. 83-85fps and after moment it drops to 72-75fps and goes back to 85fps. It happens randomly. Only enemies are shooting each other.

Correct.  DXR is broken in the game.  Pretty, but broken.  The performance is terrible too.  A 2080 Ti can't even do 60fps at 3440x1440 with DXR Ultra.  I would rather play with it off to get much more performance and make use of my 120hz monitor.

• 7y7h9898
    So even if i am standing on the same place, without touching anything and fps drops randomly for 1 sec from 83fps to 72fps and 83fps its game issue rather ?
  • 7y7h9898
    mission TIRRALEUR
  • BassMan_PC
    7y7h9898 said:
    So even if i am standing on the same place, without touching anything and fps drops randomly for 1 sec from 83fps to 72fps and 83fps its game issue rather ?

Yes, it is the game.  Turn off DXR and enjoy the higher performance without stutters.
  • PeterSMK2
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a little late but yeah as it was mentioned above, the DXR performance in BFV isn't quite the best but it's kinda understandable since it's literally the first game that shipped with DXR and the reflections method that's used in the game is quite intensive, unlike other games which mainly focus on lighting and shadows. I prefer using DXR while taking screenshots or cinematic footage.