This games animations and overall movement system is so awful.

ProAssassin2003
3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I really hope DICE go back to the drawing board with how animations and how soldier movement is handled for the next Battlefield. They simply cannot copy what Battlefield 5 has done. So many mistakes from the perks to allow faster movement while aiming,the abused awful looking sliding, the insane speed of running and movement. It's borderline game breaking at times.

Everything about how characters move in this game is so unnatural and is at odds on how the rest of the game behaves. Please DICE for the next Battlefield focus on making animations and soldier movement a priority and not have so many animations for basic things.

Comments

• Man_ILoveFishing
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find it funny too with heavy load sprint like Usain Bolt :D
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's weird. Other players look like they're sliding around on a greased up floor, running and jumping etc., but from a first person perspective my character feels like he's always running through molasses. To this day I still have a much harder time leading targets in this game than I did in previous games with much slower muzzle velocities. I mean, is it something do with my FOV?

But other than that I really dislike how many and how frequent the animations are that take control away from you. Vaulting, mantling, reviving, entering/exiting vehicles, falling a small distance, getting knocked down by explosions, reloads with no real cancel (unless you like empty guns) etc. They look nice, or whatever, but really this game sometimes feels more like a tech demo built into a Battlefield game than a real sandbox Battlefield game, because of how often I'm left literally unable to do anything until my character finishes his little animations.

This was a major pet peeve of mine in Battlefield 1 as well.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Borderline game breaking lol.