Last update is so trash

LNF_PaiN
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 8
Alright, so the ''last'' update (7.0) for Battlefield V released recently.

A bunch of new guns, and some gadgets have been added to the game.

But i just can't understand how they manage to forget about two VERY important things in the last update that pretty much is the end of the support for BFV.

1. Balancing system
2. Anti-cheat system

Maybe some of you are lucky enough to get into good matches, but for me (and probably many other people)

8 out of 10 games are unbalanced, not only by skill but also player count per team.

Cheaters also seem to be increasing in numbers.

It has been annoying me alot recently and i have come to the point again for just giving up on the game,

like many other people i have met through BFV or older games of the series.

The two most important things they manage to forget, something that has been asked for since the launch of the game.

Alot of people will come across these issues in the game, cheaters or unbalanced teams for many games in a row.

And just like me this will also annoy alot of other people.

Even though the future was never bright for this game, maybe if they implemented anti-cheat and team balance,

It may have lived a longer life.

In my opinion this game will die some day or another, with only the toxic cheaters left.

It's time to go back to the good ol' Battlefield games.
Please leave your opinions on this.

Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    7.0 was the last content update but there will be QOL updates going forwards at least. One of the improvements is apparently for balancing matches, so we'll see what happens there, but cheating isn't something we're allowed to really discuss here so no idea what will improve there.
  • Nutcrusherr
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 8
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    7.0 was the last content update but there will be QOL updates going forwards at least. One of the improvements is apparently for balancing matches, so we'll see what happens there, but cheating isn't something we're allowed to really discuss here so no idea what will improve there.

Nothing... nothing will improve there. Its sad cos that should be the number 1 priority.
  • ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nothing... nothing will improve there. Its sad cos that should be the number 1 priority.

I suspect you're regrettably correct.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I love how you PC guys think you should be the #1 priority. I hate to break it to you, but you are not. Cheating is 99.999 % a PC thing. Therefore it its not something that impacts everybody, hence why its not and will never be the top priority(unless the consoles get hacked).
  • emerson1975
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I love how you PC guys think you should be the #1 priority. I hate to break it to you, but you are not. Cheating is 99.999 % a PC thing. Therefore it its not something that impacts everybody, hence why its not and will never be the top priority(unless the consoles get hacked).

We know it’s an issue with every pc game and we certainly don’t expect we should have priority lol.
  • NightSkyn3t
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And everyone seems to forget that the in-game chat is not working 
    When I press enter to send my message it doesn't send it
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

(unless the consoles get hacked).
    Cant wait for this to happen. 🤪🤣
    Seems like the only solution before EA will pay attention to the problem.
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That update was amazing. Provence is perfection.
  • LNF_PaiN
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    That update was amazing. Provence is perfection.
    Yes the content that is has is good, but i was expecting atleast the two things i mentioned before to be added.
    It's breaking the game.
    So that's why i said the update is trash. (beside the maps, guns and gadgets that have been added)
  • LNF_PaiN
    ElliotLH said:
    Ok, i thought all of the support would be dropped.

So let's hope they will make something out of it then some day.

I don't expect much though.
  • Nutcrusherr
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

It should be priority in a competitive fps game, cant rly argue with that. Cod, apex, overwatch they all have a solution for cheaters...battlefield? They dont.. explain this to me then..
    And its also possible to cheat on consoles, just not as common as it is on pc.
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Radar hack seems to spread more and more. I notice that expecially in Provence (great map, though): soo many places to hide (no, not camp but temporarily hide from danger). Not being spoted, but many enemy player do always know where I am, coming straight to the place where I am, ignoring all the empty hiding spot left and right.
    If it happens 2 time per game, it's a coincidence. If it happens 5 times per game, I need to learn to keep silent in my hiding place. If it happens 10+ times in a game, it's hacking.
  • Magikf1ngers
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    After being told that in other franchises after the "last content update" - I'll believe it when I see it.  Many QOL items were promised, and never delivered by that studio and EA.  Sorry to be so cynical - but I've been burned too many times by EA to believe anything coming from them or their studios.  As I've said in other threads, I don't blame the studios as much as I do EA, because it happens across franchises.

For those saying Provence is such a good map - I have yet to play a balanced match in it.  The British side seems to always get pinned in spawn, as one spawn point is so close to B point that, when captured by the other side, they can't get out of that spawn, and the other spawn point is so far away from anything through basically an open field, you can't get anywhere from there.  Add to that the penchant for BFV players to hide in spawn with tanks and snipers (the game I just finished and left, the British side had about 1/3-1/2 snipers, and not one tank was outside of spawn), it's ridiculously overbalanced.  Combine that with the lack of any sort of team balancing, as well as the rampant cheating on the PC side, and it just turns into a mess. 

To those saying that cheating is a PC only problem - my response is simply this: (Sorry to the moderators for bringing this up, but I'm more addressing the issue of it's not worth the time than anything)

Just wait.  I remember a day when cheating wasn't a thing for the PC as well.  If you think that it's not going to eventually happen on your platform of choice, you're fooling yourself.  If you think that dev time is wasted fighting cheating, you're fooling yourself.  Just because it's not a major problem for YOU yet, doesn't mean it won't be. 

It's not like we're asking for them to focus everything on it - just something.  Right now there's nothing.  Fair fight is a joke and does nothing.  EA won't even allow discussions in here on it.

What's wrong with spending some dev time on a couple of issues that will make fans happy, bringing them back to the franchise in future installments?  

As it stands now - many of us PC players are going to be done with this franchise after this installment.  I'm only still playing it because I paid for it.  Once something new comes along - I won't even be playing it anymore.  As it is, I'm spending more time in older versions that don't have micro transactions and aren't as buggy because they're simply more fun.  From talking to my former team members from my competitive days who now play on consoles - they're doing the same thing for the reason I mentioned above on Provence, as well as the lack of quality content in the game.  

Don't expect any unlikely QOL updates to do anything significant for any of us.  I'm hoping I'm pleasantly surprised.  I'm not expecting to be.