I think people are overreacting about how hard bfv failed

124»

Comments

• Lotusninja_Akira
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    At this point the gameplay isn’t that bad but we’re literally talking about a half finished game that cost £80

And what makes this worse is the fact that the game had potential
    Even the basics are half finished like Platoon support.
  • PSJackman4
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My dream would be the BF series being sold to Activision.  Sure, they have cheats, too. But I get the impression they do not like them and don’t see the as a cost of doing business. 
    The BF games are too big and too complicated for EA.
    For the love of all that is holy, NO! That would be like leaving Bill Cosby for Epstein! I don't like EA, but Activision is horrendous. Especially their forum moderators!
    Lol, never been on their forums, whats so bad about the moderators? 
  • FightinFinn187
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    My dream would be the BF series being sold to Activision.  Sure, they have cheats, too. But I get the impression they do not like them and don’t see the as a cost of doing business. 
    For the love of all that is holy, NO! That would be like leaving Bill Cosby for Epstein! I don't like EA, but Activision is horrendous. Especially their forum moderators!
    They were all Condescending and broke their own forum rules constantly, while banning people for words that are not blocked by their language filter. Basically any opinion that they didn't agree with got you a week ban.

EDIT: I would also add that when we asked them to censor the words we were getting banned for the wouldn't answer. So we asked for a list of words that were off limits and we were ignored on that front as well.
  • PSJackman4
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They were all Condescending and broke their own forum rules constantly, while banning people for words that are not blocked by their language filter. Basically any opinion that they didn't agree with got you a week ban.

EDIT: I would also add that when we asked them to censor the words we were getting banned for the wouldn't answer. So we asked for a list of words that were off limits and we were ignored on that front as well.
    sheesh, I was thinking about going on their forums, but I guess not. lol
  • 123loreni
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All I know Ive spent 60e on Far cry 5 and 40e on BFV and BF is waaay more of a game!

What about the fact that its 2 years old and there are still lots of players out there....imagine how many players would there be if there were no consoles!
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16

One thing that this place here does right is good rules and enforcement.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    I sure love me some Diablo though.  :-)
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

One thing that this place here does right is good rules and enforcement.
    And people wonder why the DICE devs prefer reddit. Rules here are [removed].
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    (Quote)
    It's a bit harsh to criticize someone for liking a game you don't. It's one thing to dislike a game and be vocal about it but it's an entirely different thing to guilt or shame someone for playing a game just because you don't like it. 

And I just think it's funny people are celebrating this game with all of the apparent constant nonstop issues it's had when the majority don't like it. Some people like the guy I quoted pretend this game doesn't have issues that have definitely ruined this game, so yeah I stand by what I said.
    When you say BFV has issues that "definitely (have) ruined this game", it's your subjective opinion. I respect that, however I feel differently about it - I enjoy the game despite the issues. So we disagree, which is fair enough. No harm in that.
  • DocCuda418
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I loved the game and miss it but the cheating was every game and so extreme it just shut down servers so I stopped playing. If it had private servers, real ones, where cheating was being dealt with I would be playing it every day. 

Oh well. Activation LOVED EAs decision to just hand the franchise to the cheaters. Really helped COD sales. 

Great game though! From now on if it does not have private servers I am sticking with BF4. 

No more pre-orders for me, learned my lesson. 
  • PSJackman4
    I loved the game and miss it but the cheating was every game and so extreme it just shut down servers so I stopped playing. If it had private servers, real ones, where cheating was being dealt with I would be playing it every day. 

Oh well. Activation LOVED EAs decision to just hand the franchise to the cheaters. Really helped COD sales. 

Great game though! From now on if it does not have private servers I am sticking with BF4. 

kind of necro 
  • Titan_Awaken
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DocCuda418 wrote: »

Battlefield poses little threat to Call of Duty. The impact BF has is certainly measurable but it isn’t significant enough to the point of worry. CoD games have always outsold BF games by a mile and a half.

According to Wikipedia, total CoD sales have surpassed an estimated ~300 million copies while total BF sales have surpassed an estimated ~57 million copies.

Also yes, necro.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There never was a threat to begin with. Cod was cod, and battlefield was battlefield. You either liked one or the other.
    Although bf was more tactical and cod was more running and gunning. and after all, cod brought a new release almost every year. That sure isn't a good sign for a community that wants to spend lots of time on it.
    As for reddit, there it's all roses and honey. I wouldn't want to be a regular there, if I was in the dev team. You want to be there where the critics are the loudest.