1/3 of every server is sniping

Comments

• talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The class restriction should apply to every class in game not just recon if this is the case.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 21
    talhaONE said:
    The class restriction should apply to every class in game not just recon if this is the case.
    Nope, no restrictions... I play only recon and you force me to play something else what i don't?
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 21
    (Quote)
    Nope, no restrictions... I play only recon and you force me to play something else what i don't?
    I said if that was the case. I dont like class restrtiction either but if dice wants to restrict classes then it has to done to every class. Not just recon.
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also noticed today that a lot of people play sniper now
  • MrCamp121
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »

I won a round on arras today 605-0. How FUNNNNNNNNN
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Yet in spite of that only a minority of them understand that their main function is spotting.
    I want Q spotting back...
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• CHAMMOND1992
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    I said if that was the case. I dont like class restrtiction either but if dice wants to restrict classes then it has to done to every class. Not just recon.
    No it doesn't because the premise of restricting recon is that people are horrible at it and can be more effective in classes in which it is easier to get kills.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Said it for a long time, they need to give snipers their own game mode and maps.

People love to snipe, you can't get rid of them, dice won't remove such a large portion of gamers, the best thing to be done is give them the environment that they will enjoy the most so they will play that instead of the other game modes(leaving the actual decent recons that play conquest like it's meant to be played).

In farcry with its map editor people started making sniper only maps, basically the 2 teams were separated by a ravine they couldn't cross which resulted in more careful gameplay reminiscent of a lot of sniper duels you see in movies.
    I've even suggested something that may be similar but more BF in tone in this thread from bf1:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/92307/sniping-game-mode#latest
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    No it doesn't because the premise of restricting recon is that people are horrible at it and can be more effective in classes in which it is easier to get kills.
    Main problem is recon is worse at PTFO then any other class in game. That is why people who use it rather stay far away because its the only way their primary guns are viable. The class is weak not the players.

Also forget the recon only restriction. It will never happen. The best case is all classes gets a restriction.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    382 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate snipers too because they add unnecasary rush to the game... i dont really know what snipers you guys are talking about? Snipers are often on certain maps the number 1 with score and K/D... i cant stand still and think about the situation without a sniper giving me a headshot, there is no place i can hide... no open space i can traverse without beeing picked up or forced into cover by a sniper... no SAA i can use without beeing shot or again forced into cover... snipers are a pest out of control... mercury is one of those maps a sniper limit would do wonder to fun... and now we have all those semi-auto rifle assault sniper too... the sizes of the maps and the map design are often too small and too bad to support this to end in fun...

DICE could have added some spice to the game with the AT rifles but they failed... this At rifles could have been anti SAA , SAT and MG tools while improving the defense for these against normal sniper rifles... they should add a skill which masks the direction a shot is fired from too making them better to fight tanks...
  • MrCamp121
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Main problem is recon is worse at PTFO then any other class in game. That is why people who use it rather stay far away because its the only way their primary guns are viable. The class is weak not the players.

Also forget the recon only restriction. It will never happen. The best case is all classes gets a restriction.

To be honest, the playerbase is bad in general
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't complain about Snipers anymore because DICE takes that as make all maps smaller.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it on Panzerstorm when I see six people in tanks, all of them forgetting they are in tanks, and sniping.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To be fair though regarding an abundance of scouts at any one time,  Scouts mostly have weapons that are ideal at range whilst other classes have more close combat weapons.

Last night I was playing mainly as a scout using the model 8(??) In order to level it up from level 0.

Imo the scout class needs an smg or something auto ( not semi auto ) in order to compete better in a close quarters environment.

It's just the way the classes are done,  assault and medics and support are all front lines infantry play,  Whereas scouts have the large 12x scopes to allow sniping for area denial ( if they are on point and they have good aim ) 

Its difficult for a scout and the weapons the class has to compete with the type 2a for example,  that thing just shreds.
  • soupy48
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair though regarding an abundance of scouts at any one time,  Scouts mostly have weapons that are ideal at range whilst other classes have more close combat weapons.

Last night I was playing mainly as a scout using the model 8(??) In order to level it up from level 0.

Imo the scout class needs an smg or something auto ( not semi auto ) in order to compete better in a close quarters environment.

It's just the way the classes are done,  assault and medics and support are all front lines infantry play,  Whereas scouts have the large 12x scopes to allow sniping for area denial ( if they are on point and they have good aim ) 

Its difficult for a scout and the weapons the class has to compete with the type 2a for example,  that thing just shreds.
    I think the scopes are 6x max.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 22
    soupy48 said:

I think the scopes are 6x max.

I'm certain I've seen 12x,  on rifles like the krag / Lee Enfield etc,  I'll have to double check

:edit:
    nope you were right,  Max of 6x.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • talhaONE
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Playerbase is worse with recon because recon is weaker then rest. Suprised?
  • MrCamp121
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Playerbase is worse with recon because recon is weaker then rest. Suprised?

Again, the playerbase in general..meaning all classes. Is bad
  • MrCamp121
    (Quote)
    I'm certain I've seen 12x,  on rifles like the krag / Lee Enfield etc,  I'll have to double check

:edit:
    nope you were right,  Max of 6x.

6x is max on recon rifles