Thoughts on the K31/43

Comments

• Totenkopf1973
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)
    ... And now  ? Should I wait for 7.2 ? Maybe in late July or September.   :(
    You could try spending your life savings on boins, that might work

I'll try..........Hehehehehehehehe.............. :D
  • lBuckyBarnesl
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has still damage bug when in scope although they said that we fixed its accuracy.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone else having a really hard time understanding where to aim with that scope? Logic says that thetarget should be on the tip of the Chevron of the scope but it feels like I need to cover the target head with the black lines
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Is anyone else having a really hard time understanding where to aim with that scope? Logic says that thetarget should be on the tip of the Chevron of the scope but it feels like I need to cover the target head with the black lines
    I used to aim below to get hits. Since the patch I aim on chevron. 
  • Totenkopf1973
    Hawxxeye said:
    I've no problem with aiming.
    It's a precise and comfortable viewfinder.
    The problem is that after dying once , all perks disappear. So I've a slow aim , 3x scope , etc.
    How can I be quick in aiming if my enemy changes from no-aim to aim 33% faster ? They hit me on the head right away.
    This update made everything worse.
    Maybe nobody cares , but the undersigned a lot.
    And I'm sick of having to wait for another patch for the Rubin rifle 31/43.....very very bored.
    DICE think of BF6 , now than I have spent my money.
    Ridiculous.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    One of my friends has done some testings after 7.1 and says the actual center of the sights is slightly to the right of the tip. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 28
    Hawxxeye said:
    The problem is that after dying once , all perks disappear. So I've a slow aim , 3x scope , etc.
    How can I be quick in aiming if my enemy changes from no-aim to aim 33% faster ? They hit me on the head right away.
    And I'm sick of having to wait for another patch for the Rubin rifle 31/43.....very very bored.
    Ridiculous.

How can it be precise and comfortable when it is this thick and gets blurred by each slight movement

Hawxxeye said:
    One of my friends has done some testings after 7.1 and says the actual center of the sights is slightly to the right of the tip. 
    This is also my own experience

Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Totenkopf1973
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Ridiculous.

How can it be precise and comfortable when it is this thick and gets blurred by each slight movement

My friend , believe me , when you start playing the viewfinder is perfect. Game on PS4 console.
    It's not blurred , the center is right.
    It's after returning in game after dying the first time that everything becomes impossible....as I wrote above.
    But there has been some Tweet from DICE about these bugs ?
    Any news on a quick patch to release for all problems ?
    What makes me laugh , or rather cry , is that patch 7.1 was used to fix all the problems of the S.Rubin 31/43.... :) 
    Practically DICE made the patch quickly and didn't even check if everything worked. I's not very serious and professional.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 29
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Ridiculous.

My friend , believe me , when you start playing the viewfinder is perfect. Game on PS4 console.
    It's after returning in game after dying the first time that everything becomes impossible....as I wrote above.
    What makes me laugh , or rather cry , is that patch 7.1 was used to fix all the problems of the S.Rubin 31/43.... :) 
    Practically DICE made the patch quickly and didn't even check if everything worked. I's not very serious and professional.
    I have the gun at level 7 now.
    How much do I need to use it for me to "start playing"?
    If you play on the console it sounds like the aim assist is giving you a hand.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 29
    It’s weird that some of the reports have been conflicting this whole time. I’m starting to get the feeling that different people are actually experiencing different problems. For example for me the crosshairs with the x3 were dead on accurate and the gun didn’t seem to have any bullet drop at least in urban environments, which someone had said was also their experience and yet someone else said that it has a huge amount of bullet drop and that their x3 was broken. My scope only broke when I ‘upgraded’ to the x6.

I know it sounds odd for a multiplayer game to play differently for different people but it’d be like how some people experienced invisible soldiers and invisible tanks whilst others didnt
  • Totenkopf1973
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Ridiculous.

I have the gun at level 7 now.
    How much do I need to use it for me to "start playing"?
    If you play on the console it sounds like the aim assist is giving you a hand.
    Holy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe I can't explain myself because of my bad English. 
    The perks disappear in the S.Rubin rifle and the viewfinder becomes blurred. I have always used the KAR98K and have never had a problem.
    The most important perk for a sniper is the first one you can choose , the Fast Aim which increases the speed from non-aim to aim.
    If this disappears the enemy snipers have a great advantage.
    I have never used the auto-aim .... then if everything is ok for you , there are no problems.
    I hope to be explained this time.
    Ah , I only play in the sniper role , from the very first Battlefield. So a precise aim is very important to me , especially the aiming speed.

Regard
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 29
    Ok but I have not noticed losing the perks myself though (at least not the ones that change the gun physically).
    I still find the scope to be worse than on other rifles though. I have no issues when I use the Krag or the KAR98 so I am thinking something is not quite right with the K31 perks or no perks.
    I never had problem with the blur on the other rifles with x6 but for some reason it goes horribly wrong on the K31.
    Edit: Yeah it happened to me too now. Time to only use only the right side again
  • Totenkopf1973
    edited June 30
    Hawxxeye said:
    Ok but I have not noticed losing the perks myself though (at least not the ones that change the gun physically).
    I still find the scope to be worse than on other rifles though. I have no issues when I use the Krag or the KAR98 so I am thinking something is not quite right with the K31 perks or no perks.
    I never had problem with the blur on the other rifles with x6 but for some reason it goes horribly wrong on the K31.
    Edit: Yeah it happened to me too now. Time to only use only the right side again
    I find the K31 rifle very versatile. I always use the 6x because I don't play aggressive in the sniper role. As soon as I could I went from Enfield to GEW95 and then to the Mauser K98K. When I tried the K31 for the first time , I immediately felt good both from short and long distance. (Not like the KAR98) and also the shape of the viewfinder I immediately liked. Identical to that of the real rifle.
    I hope to be able to use it as soon as possible.
    I thank you for the interesting discussion.

Regard
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 30
    Hawxxeye said:
    I find the K31 rifle very versatile. I always use the 6x because I don't play aggressive in the sniper role. As soon as I could I went from Enfield to GEW95 and then to the Mauser K98K. When I tried the K31 for the first time , I immediately felt good both from short and long distance. (Not like the KAR98) and also the shape of the viewfinder I immediately liked. Identical to that of the real rifle.

Regard
    Thanks here too.
    For now I try to use the iron sights as much as I can to shoot faster and with more stealth. I will try  to go for the golden irons asap so I can more easily tell where the iron sight ends and the enemy soldier starts.
    Did you knew that the K31 has a smaller bullet drop factor than all the other guns? 9.81 instead of 12.
    It also has a bullet drag of 0.0007 while all the other guns have a base drag of 0.0025 or 0.001 with low drag rounds.
    Perhaps one of the reasons I miss more is that it does not have as much drop as I would expect.

• Totenkopf1973
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:

Regard
    Thanks here too.
    For now I try to use the iron sights as much as I can to shoot faster and with more stealth. I will try  to go for the golden irons asap so I can more easily tell where the iron sight ends and the enemy soldier starts.
    Did you knew that the K31 has a smaller bullet drop factor than all the other guns? 9.81 instead of 12.
    It also has a bullet drag of 0.0007 while all the other guns have a base drag of 0.0025 or 0.001 with low drag rounds.
    Perhaps one of the reasons I miss more is that it does not have as much drop as I would expect.

I didn't know it , but when I used it I immediately noticed the speed of the bullet. In fact I hit an enemy at a distance in Panzerstorm at about 200 mt without raising too much aim from the head. In my opinion it is even better than the KAR98. Certainly better than GEW95 even if it has less damage. The rate of fire is spectacular. In short , for my way of playing , if it didn't have all these problems , it would be perfect. :) 
    Thanks my friend and good day and sorry for my very bad english
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Thanks here too.For now I try to use the iron sights as much as I can to shoot faster and with more stealth. I will try  to go for the golden irons asap so I can more easily tell where the iron sight ends and the enemy soldier starts.Did you knew that the K31 has a smaller bullet drop factor than all the other guns? 9.81 instead of 12.It also has a bullet drag of 0.0007 while all the other guns have a base drag of 0.0025 or 0.001 with low drag rounds.Perhaps one of the reasons I miss more is that it does not have as much drop as I would expect.

Yeh that caught me out at first too. So far I’ve really liked the gun. I haven’t actually used it at long range yet so i need to do that at some point but in urban engagements it’s a lot of fun
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 3
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

Thanks here too.For now I try to use the iron sights as much as I can to shoot faster and with more stealth. I will try  to go for the golden irons asap so I can more easily tell where the iron sight ends and the enemy soldier starts.Did you knew that the K31 has a smaller bullet drop factor than all the other guns? 9.81 instead of 12.It also has a bullet drag of 0.0007 while all the other guns have a base drag of 0.0025 or 0.001 with low drag rounds.Perhaps one of the reasons I miss more is that it does not have as much drop as I would expect.

Yeh that caught me out at first too. So far I’ve really liked the gun. I haven’t actually used it at long range yet so i need to do that at some point but in urban engagements it’s a lot of fun
    It is a laserbeam that is being ruined by the bugged x6
    It is a bit like the M98B  SRR-61in BF4 with its 75% of earths gravity acceleration.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

It is a bit like the M98B in BF4 with its 75% of earths gravity acceleration.
    do you mean the srr-61? cause that one had 6 m/s^2 instead of 9.81 m/s^2 which most rifles had. 
    also i wasn't even aware that the standard for bullet drop on sniper rifles was 12 m/s^2 in this game. Was it always like that or did they change that at some point? possibly when they increased the bullet velocities across the board?
  • Hawxxeye
    Hawxxeye said:
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

do you mean the srr-61? cause that one had 6 m/s^2 instead of 9.81 m/s^2 which most rifles had. 
    also i wasn't even aware that the standard for bullet drop on sniper rifles was 12 m/s^2 in this game. Was it always like that or did they change that at some point? possibly when they increased the bullet velocities across the board?
    All the bullet drops for all the guns in the game other than the K31 is 12m/s^2 in BFV. Or for all that I sample checked.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

All the bullet drops for all the guns in the game other than the K31 is 12m/s^2 in BFV. Or for all that I sample checked.
    yeah i saw that. But do you know if it was always like that in bfv? Cause for whatever reason i used 9.81 in some drop graphs i made (not including the k31) a while ago, using the numbers from sym (or thats what i remember doing). However, i recall not checking the drop stats for each rifle because i knew they were all the same and unaffected by low drag bullets, so maybe i just screwed up when checking for this standard value.