My BFV (PS4) is currently unplayable.

NOMADSKYS
21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I just jumped on after some time playing other games and I spawn in consistently with no guns, no Melee, no animation, all enemies and teammates are just vaguely transparent white blobs, guns don’t kill me and I can only be melee killed but I can’t kill anyone else.

I’ve closed the application and rebuilt my database, EVEN DELETED MY GAME just to be sure and this issue is still persisting!

I’m at a loss guys I have no idea what to do. This is by far the worst bug I’ve ever encountered in all of Battlefield history.

This is after the most recent update.

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hard drive may be borked, white characters sounds like no textures/texture streaming issue.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh sorry... Is this on PC? *laugs in console*
  • NOMADSKYS
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Oh sorry... Is this on PC? *laugs in console*

Lol I am playing console, knock that chip off your shoulder.
  • NOMADSKYS
    hard drive may be borked, white characters sounds like no textures/texture streaming issue.

Do you think it could be a WiFi cable issue internally? Loose or burned up?

I guess that would explain the visual problems but that does explain the inconsistent gameplay.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14433 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 4
    NOMADSKYS said:

Do you think it could be a WiFi cable issue internally? Loose or burned up?

I guess that would explain the visual problems but that does explain the inconsistent gameplay.
    No that is almost certainly nothing to do with connectivity.

When we say "texture streaming",  its not related to internet connectivity whatsoever.

Lots of game engines have this feature called texture streaming,  where only the required textures for a map and assets are loaded rather than every single texture for every map.

Part of the reason games have texture streaming is to reduce wear on the drives and to optimise game performance.

It sounds to me like your hard drive,  as in,  the storage device inside your ps4 is showing signs of failure due to the slow speed of textures being loaded into memory ( this is what causes the white soldiers and assets and map decals )

You will need a new 2.5 inch SSD or 7200RPM hard disk drive to fully rule it out.

Even better,  if you have other games that use texture streaming ( bf1 / red dead redemption 2 / gtav for example ) try those titles too so you can see if the issue persists with multiple games.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 4
    You people gotta stop telling him his storage is failing because the same thing happens to me and people I play with

Twisted steel is the biggest offender 

You spawn into a vehicle and get teleported into accident screen 

https://i.imgur.com/JFofFII.png

Enemy players appear as translucent static outlines

https://i.imgur.com/ZfRVIVr.png

friendlies are yellow outlines

https://i.imgur.com/wPvSIZl.jpg

Level geometry fails to load\

https://i.imgur.com/RTLUtMU.jpg 

Stationary weapons and vehicle weapons constantly fail to load also

https://i.imgur.com/SMnAT0x.jpg

Audio fails to play during the whole round etc etc
    Post edited by IDazzlerazzle on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14433 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 4
    You people gotta stop telling him his storage is failing because the same thing happens to me and people I play with

Enemy players appear as translucent static outlines, friendlies are green 

Audio fails to play during the whole round and ground geometry is missing 

Note I did not say his storage was definitely failing.

Hence why I suggested loading other titles to see if the issue persists there.

That is usually a symptom of a failing drive,  such as due to bad sectors, ( I've had my own experiences of this happening on pc and replacing the drive corrected it )

Can you provide video of these occurrences for me to forward to EA and DICE staff? 

We'll also need to know whether this issue is present on the regular ps4 or the ps4 pro.

Cheers.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

That is usually a symptom of a failing drive,  such as due to bad sectors, ( I've had my own experiences of this happening on pc and replacing the drive corrected it )

Can you provide video of these occurrences for me to forward to EA and DICE staff? 

We'll also need to know whether this issue is present on the regular ps4 or the ps4 pro.

Cheers.

Also had these issues on PS4 Pro, Marita only however, and did end up with partial drive failure months down the road. I had tried initialization and reloading the game, etc. to fix various hiccups but eventually the prolonged load times surfaced. SSD replacement well worth it.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Cheers.
    I can't I do not save these, besides they were well documented over half a year ago
  • dariarty
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Cheers.
    I don't believe it's a fault with his storage. These issues have been occurring on and off throughout V's life cycle for me (PS4 Pro) but have become far more pronounced since the last update.

Every other game plays fine, issues this severe only seems to occur with V. 

Twisted Steel now seems to be particularly troublesome.

It's occurred again and I recorded it. Shall I pop it on YouTube and post the link here?  Or Inbox it to you directly? 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Here is fine,  I can then forward it to the right folks
  • dariarty
    Here is fine,  I can then forward it to the right folks
    Hi @LOLGotYerTags this is the link

As you can see I spawn without a primary, I cannot ADS with the pistol, nor will it fire consistently. I cannot use gadgets also. The rest you'll see for yourself. 

Could you please inform Dice staff also that TTK/TTD is still very much out of sync. Enemy planes, tanks and soldiers are often silent and the permanent death state bug is back where you cannot redeploy, the only way out of the 'death' screen is to quit the game.

Thank you for this. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    No problem,  I'll pass that on for you
  • emerson1975
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 7
    I think LOLGotYerTags Is pretty much spot on.
    Texture streaming is a lot more prevalent in bf5 due to its sandbox nature and and it puts less stresss on the gpu.
    Simply looks like your drive can’t stream assets
    fast enough due to an imminent failure
    Your other games probably play fine due to they don’t rely as heavily on texture streaming due to smaller maps thus can throw the textures in to gpu memory.
  • dariarty
    Texture streaming is a lot more prevalent in bf5 due to its sandbox nature and and it puts less stresss on the gpu.
    Your other games probably play fine due to they don’t rely as heavily on texture streaming due to smaller maps thus can throw the textures in to gpu memory.
    Would this account for the TTK/TTD issues? As well as gadgets being inoperable and no primary gun? 

I don't ever have this issue on BF1 where many of the maps are far larger. 

To clarify the texture problem has occurred on modes like Squad Conquest and TDM where the maps are obviously much smaller. 
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dariarty said:
    Would this account for the TTK/TTD issues? As well as gadgets being inoperable and no primary gun? 

I don't ever have this issue on BF1 where many of the maps are far larger. 

To clarify the texture problem has occurred on modes like Squad Conquest and TDM where the maps are obviously much smaller. 
    As said already, there's no guarantee, it's pretty hard to diagnose anything just using text.

Having said that it all depends on how the game is made...for instance if elements of gun/gadgets have a check on them to keep them inoperable until fully loaded then yes that would cause that issue.

TTK/TTD is also hard to say, the game already has those even on a working system, but likewise if a game is constantly being overloaded with texture "requests" because it needs 20 textures and is barely getting 5 out then that full process is still running in the background on top of the processing needed for your game. That may also slow elements of the game down and cause some things to be more delayed than others.

Larger maps are also usually less intense not more, at distance only the low res/ "small" texture files are used and only the bigger more detailed stuff is used immediately around you, and "big" maps usually means open maps with less detail not more. Tighter maps will have far greater problems in this regard.

and lastly the smaller game modes really don't matter, the full map is still loaded simply one part is portioned off.

So yeah if your demanding exact answers good luck, we don't have your machines to look at 1st hand and we don't have the game code to know how everything is functioning exactly, we can simply point you in the general direction that we'd go in using the very limited information given.