The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    I don't say it doesn't happen. I just say it does not happen "all the time", it's a rare situation and although I would agree to remove the OHK possibility completely from FF, I see no reason to nerf the FF in any other way.
    And this is the problem with EA/Dice: If they decide to work on the FF again, they will not only remove the possibility of OHK. They also will play with the other parameters, they always do (see SAA range, nobody asked them to improve it, they just did). So there is a high risk of Dice ruining the FF again just because an over-ambitious flyboy posts 10 complaints per day because he, despite his mad KDR, sometimes gets OHKed by FF. That's not right, the game is not designed just for him to rule the skies undisturbed by AA. It's egomanic, and I will fight it best to my abilities.

Frankly, I do not know which of my 98 Fliegerfaust kill are pre-patch and how many are after-patch.
    I would estimate that >60 of my FF kills are after-patch. And not a single one of it is an OHK. This is why I oppose so strongly against the "FF commonly does OHK" fairy tale.

I would not say anything against "FF sometimes does OHK against figthers". This also never worked for me, but I can at least believe it.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

I would not say anything against "FF sometimes does OHK against figthers". This also never worked for me, but I can at least believe it.
    Like I said, I have done it a lot of time but it have always been an inexperienced pilot flying low right over my head.
    Most pilots have learned the lesson and are staying out of ohk range and that is the problem imo. AA + FF have made most pilots staying on their own half of the map farming infantry now.
    And that's not a good thing for the game. It wont be longe before we see the first thread about nerf of rockets. And if that happens then theres nothing left of Air game play.
    This is going in the wrong direction imo.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    (Quote)
    Dont You feel ashamed lying about a fact that any one can see on video`s or by trying it in the game who do you think you are fooling ? 

LOL...
    The person who created the "Fliegerfaust commonly one-hit-kills planes" fairy tale accuses the ones revealing his desinformation campaign as liars.. . That’s beyond ridiculous.
    Again: Your staged videos proof jack! They are a cut-together series of exceptional and/or lucky shot situations.
    Everyone playing the real game, pilot or infantry, knows that it is far from common to gain a OHK with Fliegerfaust on a 100% health plane.
    another Fat Lie From you Join the Lie group all you have is lies and all what i say are documented 
    I`ll keep dripping those One shot kill each time you speak or try to hide the fact that fliger not a one shot kill to a fighter 

• Celsi_GER
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep dripping as you like, I do not even watch them anymore, and I still will not buy your fairy tale.
    It's useless anyway, according to a statement from EA on Reddit they do not plan to change air <> antiair situation anymore.
    Apparently they did not buy your fairy tale either.
  • EA_Rtas
    527 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Alright everyone cool it in here, it's getting a bit antagonistic for my liking. You're welcome to continue this discussion but leave out the low effort bait and insults.
  • Celsi_GER
    edited July 8
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Like I said, I have done it a lot of time but it have always been an inexperienced pilot flying low right over my head.
    Most pilots have learned the lesson and are staying out of ohk range and that is the problem imo. AA + FF have made most pilots staying on their own half of the map farming infantry now.
    And that's not a good thing for the game. It wont be longe before we see the first thread about nerf of rockets. And if that happens then theres nothing left of Air game play.
    This is going in the wrong direction imo.

So maybe, in my games, there are no unexperienced pilots, so the OHK thing did not work for me yet.
    Thing is, Frindly is not an unexperienced pilot at all, and still he claims being OHKed by FF all the time.
    That's nothing than a blatant exaggeration, and I will continue to expose him for this.

Edit:
    Sorry, @EA_Rtas , did not see your comment until now. Will stop now, all is said anyway.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still find myself one of the few to equip the FF when planes are running wild. Now that I am trying to reach rank 10 with all the assault weapons, I can say that I often kill planes with one set of volleys ONLY if the damn thing doesn't bug out. Happens too often where the second volley hits the plane and just turns into black smoke with 0 damage. Still get games where a pilot goes 37-2, in a bomber, fighter, or whatever. Player base is too dumb to remove OHK from the FF. In fact if it wasn't a one hit kill, I wouldn't even bother switching to the FF at all. Been there, done that. Get both hits in, instant repair, flies off in the distance where I have to baby sit the sky to go through the process all over again.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Keep dripping as you like, I do not even watch them anymore, and I still will not buy your fairy tale.
    It's useless anyway, according to a statement from EA on Reddit they do not plan to change air <> antiair situation anymore.
    Apparently they did not buy your fairy tale either.
    i`ll stick it to your face each time  you dont need to buy it, learn to admit if your are wrong . end of discussion with you , you have no credibility.
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Celsi_GER said:
    (Quote)
    Dont You feel ashamed lying about a fact that any one can see on video`s or by trying it in the game who do you think you are fooling ? 

Everyone playing the real game, pilot or infantry, knows that it is far from common to gain a OHK with Fliegerfaust on a 100% health plane.
    But when it happens its always the fighter that gets OHK. I have OHK around 95 fighters since patch but no bombers.
    But I have also fired FF 100 times more that only damaged the plane.
    The change of the FF seem to be directed at Pacific maps that only have fighters and where the problem has been worse than on Vanilla maps.
    The question is not how many times it happens imo, but if it should be possible at all.
    Imo FF should no OHK fighters.
    That is what I was saying about bomber health and fighter health is actual different.  If the FF has the same damage and damage modifiers against both bomber and fighters. Then bombers will always take more to kill.
  • DutchFightert
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

1 round.

Flieger

• Celsi_GER
    edited July 8
    There is no proof at all that any of those planes were not pre-damaged. Obviously there was a lot of AA activity all over the map.

Furthermore the planes really made it easy for you, flying straight, low and ignoring you instead of fighting back.

Was the clip recorded after patch 6.6 or before? There was a time right after first release of Fliegerfaust when it really was very OP, if the video was made in this time it's no big deal.

Do you really claim that this was a normal round and it goes for you this way all the time?

Edit:
    Okay, checked your stats, Fliegerfaust is your 3rd best weapon (weird, but my respect for it anyway) , you are outstandingly good with it. You might be within the world's top-5 with Fliegerfaust.
    So what does such a video from an uber-pro FF-user proof when we are talking about how a weapon commonly performs?
    That's like having David Copperfield proof that everbody is a magician.
    Post edited by Celsi_GER on
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    Celsi_GER said:
    There is no proof at all that any of those planes were not pre-damaged. Obviously there was a lot of AA activity all over the map.

Furthermore the planes really made it easy for you, flying straight, low and ignoring you instead of fighting back.

Was the clip recorded after patch 6.6 or before? There was a time right after first release of Fliegerfaust when it really was very OP, if the video was made in this time it's no big deal.

Do you really claim that this was a normal round and it goes for you this way all the time?

Edit:
    Okay, checked your stats, Fliegerfaust is your 3rd best weapon (weird, but my respect for it anyway) , you are outstandingly good with it. You might be within the world's top-5 with Fliegerfaust.
    So what does such a video from an uber-pro FF-user proof when we are talking about how a weapon commonly performs?
    Even from his stats he got a 5% kill rate for his shots

If the flieger was really that easy to use he would have a way better kill/shot ratio

5 shot out of a 100 killing planes isn't really spectacular

Even more when you consider the fact some of those kills were on planes that were already damaged 

For reference I've tracked down one of the guy with the most kills using the stinger in BF3

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/SeppAllersberger/iteminfo/fim-92-stinger/416531735/pc/

He had a 10% shot to kill ratio 

So according to stats the flieger is worst at AA despite having the ability to one shot and pilots technically having no way to counter it
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    Celsi_GER said:

Edit:
    Even from his stats he got a 5% kill rate for his shots

If the flieger was really that easy to use he would have a way better kill/shot ratio

5 shot out of a 100 killing planes isn't really spectacular

Even more when you consider the fact some of those kills were on planes that were already damaged 

For reference I've tracked down one of the guy with the most kills using the stinger in BF3

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/SeppAllersberger/iteminfo/fim-92-stinger/416531735/pc/

He had a 10% shot to kill ratio 

So according to stats the flieger is worst at AA despite having the ability to one shot and pilots technically having no way to counter it
    He is obviously full of it, or he would have way higher stats on it. Also, did he pay some other fly dudes to do all those fly overs, most break of the attack way earlier.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    again three comments filled with noise just to cover any fact that surfaces in the post , the point have been made and your posts floods is worthless ,  hiding you OP toys with noise only wont help.
  • iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This tears wont stop?
    Zero self reflection. Zero.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    Celsi_GER said:

1 round.

Flieger

I went through some of your Battle Reports to get an idea of what your typical kill rate is.  From your last 10 Breakthrough matches I threw out your best and worst games.

Over your most recent 200min of Breakthrough matches (which were on Pacific maps where the planes are concentrated and all planes can be 'OHK') you had the FF equiped for 170min or 85% of the time.

That tells me you - the #43 person on the FF leaderboards - were putting max effort into killing planes on a map/mode ideal of plane farming.

In that time you were getting one FF kill every 5min.  Of the 434 shots fired 398 were not 'OHK'.  Realistically 25-50% of your kills were assisted, which would translate into just one FF 'OHK' every 7-10min.  Again that's with the #43 FF user in the world, using max effort on an ideal plane farming map.

If we look at your last four conquest matches again you were putting max effort into the FF since you had it equipped 88% of the time.   Over those 78min you managed just one FF kill every 10min.  Again assuming 25-50% assists that means you were only getting a 'OHK' every 12-13min.  Since most play Conquest I think this is a much more realistic indication of typical FF performance in the hands of an experienced user.

The argument being made was "How common are FF 'OHKs' really?".  Posting a video of an outlier match, by a top FF user in an ideal map/mode doesn't really address the point being contested.   

I mean I could easily just point to this video and claim 87-0 fighters are common even after the 6.6 AA buffs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO4J6kV6bd4&t

the argument was the fliger OHK don`t change the words.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    Celsi_GER said:

1 round.

Flieger

I went through some of your Battle Reports to get an idea of what your typical kill rate is.  From your last 10 Breakthrough matches I threw out your best and worst games.

Over your most recent 200min of Breakthrough matches (which were on Pacific maps where the planes are concentrated and all planes can be 'OHK') you had the FF equiped for 170min or 85% of the time.

That tells me you - the #43 person on the FF leaderboards - were putting max effort into killing planes on a map/mode ideal of plane farming.

In that time you were getting one FF kill every 5min.  Of the 434 shots fired 398 were not 'OHK'.  Realistically 25-50% of your kills were assisted, which would translate into just one FF 'OHK' every 7-10min.  Again that's with the #43 FF user in the world, using max effort on an ideal plane farming map.

If we look at your last four conquest matches again you were putting max effort into the FF since you had it equipped 88% of the time.   Over those 78min you managed just one FF kill every 10min.  Again assuming 25-50% assists that means you were only getting a 'OHK' every 12-13min.  Since most play Conquest I think this is a much more realistic indication of typical FF performance in the hands of an experienced user.

The argument being made was "How common are FF 'OHKs' really?".  Posting a video of an outlier match, by a top FF user in an ideal map/mode doesn't really address the point being contested.   

I mean I could easily just point to this video and claim 87-0 fighters are common even after the 6.6 AA buffs.

That's totally fine considering planes like the G6 have rockets which OS infantry and are way easier to use than the fliegerfaust
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    InS_Hypno said:
    Celsi_GER said:

1 round.

Flieger

That's totally fine considering planes like the G6 have rockets which OS infantry and are way easier to use than the fliegerfaust
    sorry dude but OHK is not fine by any mean.
  • AngrySquid270
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

1 round.

Flieger

Take another look at the quote chain.  

Celsi_GER stated that it's "...far from common to gain a OHK with Fliegerfaust on a 100% health plane.".    Which seems to be the point that Dutchfightert was contesting with the video he posted.

No one has contested the OHK potential of the FF in a long time. The debate has evolved beyond that.