Why did EVERYONE suddenly stop playing the operations campaigns?

Jay
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
on PS4

I started playing this again a few weeks into quarantine, been playing them just fine the whole time until now. At the absolute worst was early morning hours with as low as 30 players but now there is not a single person in any campaign server. This happened about as soon as it changed to the current one and although I have completed it twice already I haven't been able to find another server since where all of the previous campaigns had at least two full servers throughout the day. A few days ago I checked every region just to see if there were any servers in ANY part of the world and I did find 2 in Germany but decided against joining because of the ping. Now I have been checking every region since then and now there isn't a single server in any region at all. Nothing like this has happened in the few months that I've come back, wtf is happening now??????? All the regular conquest, tdm and normal ops servers are still running as usual but all of the campaigns servers suddenly died out. 

Comments

• PackersDK
    895 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 9
    I think the answer is pretty simple: it is, without any close competition, the most unpopular Campaign Ops in the game. I especially suspect the Red Tide maps to be out of favour with the playerbase. 

There are apparently limits to what players will go through to get a Battlepack :-)
  • PSJackman4
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I have the same issue, it sucks because Operations was the best gamemode we have seen in a BF game. I had soooo many good memories of that lovely gamemode. Especially when I played the Somme operation for the first time. The Germans were in their trenches with their MGs and out Mark V tanks were driving up to them. When we got into the trench it was just melee a bloodbath . It left an imprint on me, that BF1 is truly a masterpiece. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    I think the answer is pretty simple: it is, without any close competition, the most unpopular Campaign Ops in the game. I especially suspect the Red Tide maps to be out of favour with the playerbase. 

There are apparently limits to what players will go through to get a Battlepack :-)

Yeah the Red Tide operation makes everyone avoid the campaigns when this rotation comes up, which sucks since Tsaritsyn is a good map. It is forever locked behind a sniper field where no one even leaves the attacker spawn though.
  • PSJackman4
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah the Red Tide operation makes everyone avoid the campaigns when this rotation comes up, which sucks since Tsaritsyn is a good map. It is forever locked behind a sniper field where no one even leaves the attacker spawn though.
    Tsaritsyn is a blood bath of a map, since the church itself it contested the entire game. I personally don't like that map at all.
  • max33lgdg
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 9
    I used to play the operation mode and especialy the campaign to be able to play premium map without premium access, but since a few days i cannot anymore.

It's maybe why maps are empty since a few days.. except if i'm the only one who have this problem?
  • PackersDK
    895 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    max33lgdg said:
    I used to play the operation mode and especialy the campaign to be able to play premium map without premium access, but since a few days i cannot anymore.

It's maybe why maps are empty since a few days.. except if i'm the only one who have this problem?

On PS4 there are plenty of servers running base game Operations, like Oil of Empires, Kaiserschlact etc. So if you can’t find any of those, then perhaps the problem is at your end. 

But no, there are not many servers at the moment with Operations Campaign mode. The one playing now is unpopular.
  • Ronin9572
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As others have said, it's because of the map selection. This happens every time these come up in rotation
  • max33lgdg
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    (Quote)
    On PS4 there are plenty of servers running base game Operations, like Oil of Empires, Kaiserschlact etc. So if you can’t find any of those, then perhaps the problem is at your end. 

But no, there are not many servers at the moment with Operations Campaign mode. The one playing now is unpopular.

In fact what i wanted to say is that when i try to play the current operation campaign it is said something like "it is part of the DLC, you can buy it there" when a few days before it just bring me back to the selection menu.
    Also i'm french so sorry if it's not clear..
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ah Volga river. Or as I like to call it on defense, target practice.