Legitimate suggestion for reducing hackers in BF1

2745meters
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Okay, I have had it up to here (points above my head) with the amount of hackers that are just not banned (for months, by the way). The same guys, the same extremely obvious cheats, etc. But that's not what this thread is about. We all already knows what happens and that EA doesn't care (they can say all the things they want, but their actions are useless, so it doesn't matter).

Anyways, here's my suggestion and I really am not joking.

Make a DLC / Microtransaction to fund an anti-cheat program or fund the hiring of DICE admins to patrol servers at all times. I will legitimately pay if this DLC happens. It's clear all EA wants is money, and all I want is a clean BF1. Community servers are not an option as I only want to play Operation these days. And why the hell shouldn't I get to play it?

Anyone have suggestions on the pricing? Maybe a subscription model? $10/ month to fund anti-cheating + random goodies in the loot crates?

I want to for once in my fugging life just get on after a long day at work, and not worry about automatic headshots from an enemy plane on our entire team.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone have suggestions on the pricing? Maybe a subscription model? $10/ month to fund anti-cheating + random goodies in the loot crates?
    Yeah mate, $0/month or alternatively $0/year for a subscription based model. If they go down the DLC model, I think a price of $0.00 would be ideal.

---

You want to fund EA, a multi-BILLION dollar corporation, to enforce their own Terms of Service (something that they should already be doing FULL STOP) via predatory in-game monetisation tactics? Seriously? You, of your own free will, want to bend over for EA and let them milk you like a farm animal? 

Want to protest the infestation of cheaters effectively? Simple, don't buy their products. It's funny because the same people who claim they are fed up with cheating in X game are the same people who buy the next iteration of said game, thus effectively perpetuating and reassuring the publisher (or developer) into believing that nothing is wrong. This is why publishers become complacent. Why bother spending and investing valuable time and resources in a better, more effective anti-cheat solution if their sales are just as good or better than the previous game?

If you absolutely must play BF1 under any circumstances, play on a community server with active admins on it because believe it or not, a few admins at home working for free are better at enforcing EA's no-cheating policy than EA themselves are. Avoid [DICE] Official servers where possible. 
  • BigF33t_13
    6838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 11
    They're going to hire thousands of full time employees to monitor the servers 24/7? And you want players to fund that after dropping $150 on a game? Hahahahahahaha. Now that's funny, if not a bit insulting.
  • OskooI_007
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    Sony has a subscription anti-cheat service called PlayStation Network. I think it's well worth the money for cheat free gaming. :smile:
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Sony has a subscription anti-cheat service called PlayStation Network. I think it's well worth the money for cheat free gaming. :smile:

Only thing I have to worry about are Keyboard and Mouse users :smile:
  • Ronin9572
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

M&K don't bother me, it's the StrikePack and CronusMax users that do
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

M&K don't bother me, it's the StrikePack and CronusMax users that do

I dont care about rapid fire or anything like that. The MnK gives people an aiming advantage that is more impactful IMO.

Anyway, a discussion for a different thread
This discussion has been closed.