10 Star (1000 kill) Weapon?

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Close-ish to one ten star weapon 😃
  • Ronin9572
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm sure you guys will be thrilled to be updated. Medical Syringe 100! Was actually quite fun.

Now.... Repair Tool. Only have 30 kills 'naturally' (tank kills mostly).

Congrats! Your getting there, keep up the great work and don't forget your having fun in the process!
  • GerocK-
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm sure you guys will be thrilled to be updated. Medical Syringe 100! Was actually quite fun.

Now.... Repair Tool. Only have 30 kills 'naturally' (tank kills mostly).

You're mad. I love it.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Finally. I hit 100 stars with the 8.35 Marksman. Exactly 10000 kills. I can finally play with a different gun. I had been grinding that for a while. I just get bored using the same gun over and over
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

WetFishDB wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Marksman was actually my first to 100.  Its brutally good in the right conditions, but useless when dealing with whole squads and being super aggressive with.  Good luck in getting that one closed off.

Finally hit 100 with the Marksman. It just got so tedious at the end. I wanted to use other guns but I forced myself to keep using this one
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Finally. I hit 100 stars with the 8.35 Marksman. Exactly 10000 kills. I can finally play with a different gun. I had been grinding that for a while. I just get bored using the same gun over and over

Congrats!
  • RossP317
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Some things took a *long* time, notably the HE Cannon, because there are only 2 in game that count, both on the Giant's Shadow map...

I didn't know that was a thing. 🙈

I'd always presumed the HE cannon was a bug in the companion app as I'd zero kills or even time using it.

Something new to grind for now I guess.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RossP317 said:
    (Quote)
    Some things took a *long* time, notably the HE Cannon, because there are only 2 in game that count, both on the Giant's Shadow map...

I didn't know that was a thing. 🙈

I'd always presumed the HE cannon was a bug in the companion app as I'd zero kills or even time using it.

Something new to grind for now I guess.
    The really annoying thing is they are the same as the ones on the Zeppelin, but those don't count. Just the two on Giant's Shadow ... Doh!
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They’re actually much stronger than the ones on zeppelins since those have a 50% or more damage penalty vs normal auto cannons. It’s like the one on bombers or in the back seat of the Char 2C (the best kill farming behemoth of all). They are just only useful from the British side iirc since that crashed gondola faces the town so you can get a decent amount of kills if the action stays there. The other one has a giant hill in half it’s FoV and then an open field of nothing in front of it, keeping with the DICE method of making stationary weapons mostly useless and in bad spots they obviously can’t move from.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Finally got 100 Repair Tool kills. That was a tough one and no way am I going for any more, never mind 1000 kills!

My last gadget is the AA rocket... This will also be a challenge. I'm not a fan of assault, unless I'm going after tanks...

That will be all weapons, vehicles, gadgets, grenades, done with at least 100 kills each. All I need to do then is slowly go through about 12 melee weapons... which is kinda pointless because they are essentially all either knife, hatchet or club, but at least those kills will just happen in normal play ;)
  • ashar_saleem121
    I'm up to 42 primaries at 10 stars. I've added the Selb 1916 Marksman, Veterli Vitali Carbine, and Madsen Storm to the list. Currently at 827 kills for the RSC SMG Optical. And then the next one is the 1916 Optical.
  • the_yakuza17
    208 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Finally got 100 Repair Tool kills. That was a tough one and no way am I going for any more, never mind 1000 kills!

My last gadget is the AA rocket... This will also be a challenge. I'm not a fan of assault, unless I'm going after tanks...

That will be all weapons, vehicles, gadgets, grenades, done with at least 100 kills each. All I need to do then is slowly go through about 12 melee weapons... which is kinda pointless because they are essentially all either knife, hatchet or club, but at least those kills will just happen in normal play ;)
    How do you get kills with a repair tool?
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

One way is to find an enemy tonk and whack it.
  • disposalist
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

One way is to find an enemy tonk and whack it.
    Yes, they damage enemy vehicles. If the enemy is inside. Not an easy prospect though running up and hitting them with a hammer, like, 20 times hehe

Did that a few times.

Also, though, hitting the enemy. Needs two hits from pointblank range! Got to get them totally unaware
  • ElliotLH
    (Quote)
    Yes, they damage enemy vehicles. If the enemy is inside. Not an easy prospect though running up and hitting them with a hammer, like, 20 times hehe

Did that a few times.

Also, though, hitting the enemy. Needs two hits from pointblank range! Got to get them totally unaware

I weirdly quite enjoy doing it to vehicles. It's pretty funny watching some of them speed away haha. Doing it to the destroyers on the TT maps is easier than tanks though..
  • disposalist
    edited July 19
    It's official. The AA rocket is my most disliked weapon. It's so crappy. And I can *never* get supplies from support. LMG is by far better for downing planes. And it's terrible against infantry. And it's awful finding bipod props where you can look up.

Anyone have any tips? I'm currently using SAA to maim then finishing with rocket, but it's horrible.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21
    It's official. The AA rocket is my most disliked weapon. It's so crappy. And I can *never* get supplies from support. LMG is by far better for downing planes. And it's terrible against infantry. And it's awful finding bipod props where you can look up.

Anyone have any tips? I'm currently using SAA to maim then finishing with rocket, but it's horrible.
    The AA rocket is sometimes hard to get kills with.  However, I enjoy using it whenever it seems planes are ruling the sky.  The AA rocket is a great counter to that.

Best to sit behind or off to the side of a contested objective where the enemy planes are attacking.  Just like a regular AA gun, the AA rocket has a max range which you'll get a feel for.  No sense firing off a rocket if the plane is out of range.  The rocket is also a proximity burst, so just get it close to the plane and it will burst and you'll get a hit for full damage.  An attack or fighter plane takes about 33 to 35 (just approximating here) of damage so 3 shots to take a those guys down.  Bombers are around 30 damage per shot so you'll need 4 shots to take it down yourself.  

Sorry I know how you hate Operations but I envision that more linear mode being better than conquest for getting plane kills.  The linearity makes sure your objective will usually be contested by a plane and it gives you a rear line in order to go prone more safely. 

You need to be prone to shoot the rocket but because its meant to be used against planes you'll be able to get some pretty large vertical angles even while prone.  When going prone, as usual make sure you are doing it somewhere you wont get easily picked off by snipers.

If others in the game are shooting at planes you are going to get some kills.  If others are not helping shoot planes, you'll still make the skies a headache for pilots to fly.  Even with no help you can disable wings and crash planes when they are close to the ground.  I've crashed a lot of planes with the AA rocket.   Unfortunately you dont usually get a kill from that.

When the plane approaches the objective, get prone and line up and fire as soon as you think its in range.  Then reload and fire again.  I can often get two rockets into a plane on one pass, (a coming shot and a going shot) and sometimes three especially if  you are really fast and accurate shooting or the plane turns left or right or comes back instead of flying straight through.  Your best bet to get a kill of course is to be firing on a plane already damaged or a plane that others are firing on too.

For ammo, try to go prone near a crate if you can or start looking for a pouch (which will fill you to the max instantly) when you run out.  After I fire my first rocket I'll also request ammo with the hopes that some responsible support will supply me while I'm busy firing my remaining rockets.  Getting ammo is dicey but you just need to hunt and scrap for it.

Some pilots seem to be better at identifying you as a threat and taking you out.  For any pilot diving and shooting at you, you can easily evade them by running sideways.  One of the beauties of the AA rocket is that its not stationary like an SAA gun so you can use that mobility to your advantage and its hard for the pilot to keep track of you.

The AA rocket is not much use against land vehicles.  I think it does 5 or 6 damage or something like that.  But it is useful against infantry and you can take pot shots at injured infantry and sometimes kill them. I dont remember for sure but I think it does around 40 to 50 damage to infantry.  So its not a one hit kill but locate someone injured and you might take them out.

I think though if you focus on just making planes lives miserable you might come to love the AA rocket for its impact on the air game and end up getting those kills too.   Good luck!  
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The AA rocket is a much better counter to planes than the Burton because it’s much harder for a pilot to kill you. I follow the laser beams from Burtons without issue and can kill them easily even after gimping my wings, but AA rockets are extremely irritating and effective. I would try to headshot people on mortars and in prone if you simply want kills with it since that’s still a one hit kill.
  • ashar_saleem121
    The AA rocket is a much better counter to planes than the Burton because it’s much harder for a pilot to kill you. I follow the laser beams from Burtons without issue and can kill them easily even after gimping my wings, but AA rockets are extremely irritating and effective. I would try to headshot people on mortars and in prone if you simply want kills with it since that’s still a one hit kill.

How's it do against horses?
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its terrible against horses. 5 or 6 damage or something like that. You want the AT rocket for horses.