DX12 crashing nonstop on high end rig

DeathByUCAV
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi there,

I am on the latest Windows build, I recently purchased the game cuz i finally build myself a new setup.
I have a 10700k / RTX 2070 Super & 32GB RAM.

Keep hearing from people to disable DX12, but the game was overly hyped with ray tracing features and it's not even working. what gives?????
The time i play without crashes i get over 100 FPS solid maxed out @ 1080p.
But the crashes ruin it for me.

DX11 is great but i can't use ray tracing with that..
Any fix coming for this DICE?

Comments

• Nutcrusherr
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try repair the game via origin.

Btw Rt is badly implemented in bf5, this is due to dice, its not nvidias fault. I have the same card as you, rt on medium will cause fps spikes all the way down to 50-60 which is okay if you have a 60hz monitor, if you have a higher refresh rate one i'd recommend not using Rt at all. Simply not worth it.
    Dont even try dlss in bf cos its not dlss 2.0, it will make your game blurry af and maybe you'll get 10+fps with it on.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14450 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I find DX12 is mostly OK for me,  like you I am on the latest build and can run RT pretty well.

Its just that with DX12 I find solomon islands crashes with 12 yet is fine on 11.
  • emerson1975
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield v is the only game on my rig that dx12 runs poorly.
    All the rest run just fine.
  • Sw1ts
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a modest pc i5 8400/EVGA GTX 1070/16Gb Ram 2600mhz and DX12 all and Low Latency selected and no crash.FPS between 130-110 it depends.Windows is up to date and the drivers too.Playing on 1gb internet via ethernet.
  • DeathByUCAV
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah i'm also on the latest windows version, all drivers are up to date.
    My network is 1000 / 1000 Mbit fiber.
    DX11 runs smooth af, but visual fidelity of DX12 is much better.
    Dice needs to get their things together and fix this..  makes me feel less comfortable with a new BF release if they can't even do this what all other developers of other games can.
  • BassMan_PC
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah i'm also on the latest windows version, all drivers are up to date.
    My network is 1000 / 1000 Mbit fiber.
    DX11 runs smooth af, but visual fidelity of DX12 is much better.
    Dice needs to get their things together and fix this..  makes me feel less comfortable with a new BF release if they can't even do this what all other developers of other games can.

The visuals are the same in both DX11 and DX12....  unless you are using ray tracing in DX12, which would only affect the reflections anyway.
  • xKusagamix
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 23
    DX12 in BFV is a hit or miss, it may work flawlessly for some and being a nightmare for some. It's not DX12 fault but it's DICE all the way back to Battlefield 1.
    There're plenty of games that run on DX12 perfectly (like Rise/Shadow of the Tomb Raider) on my computers but Battlefield 1/5 are just a big no no.

Mantle was implemented in Battlefield 4 and Vulkan is a successor for that API, i'd rather see Vulkan API in the next Battlefield than the half-baked DX12 just for the sake of half-baked Ray Tracing.
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    make sure your GPU restricted memory is ON, and no matter what settings you have your graphics on, make sure DXR is on either medium or low, having it any higher is not noticeable on multiplayer and you get good frames. also sif you are using ray tracing, turn on DLSS as it works hand in hand with eachother, keeping the framerate high while getting rid of jaggies.
  • DeathByUCAV
    honestly DLSS makes things too blurry for me (@ 1080p) 
    If DLSS 2.0 were to be usable in BFV it would've been definitely a good option to use.
    But i'll give it a shot since i use Ultra on everything & keep GPU restricted memory off, i'll let you know it's results later
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DX12 in BFV is a hit or miss, it may work flawlessly for some and being a nightmare for some. It's not DX12 fault but it's DICE all the way back to Battlefield 1.
    There're plenty of games that run on DX12 perfectly (like Rise/Shadow of the Tomb Raider) on my computers but Battlefield 1/5 are just a big no no.

Mantle was implemented in Battlefield 4 and Vulkan is a successor for that API, i'd rather see Vulkan API in the next Battlefield than the half-baked DX12 just for the sake of half-baked Ray Tracing.
    DX 12 will be  much better on the next game just for the fact that BFVs' foundation is based off of DX11 and 12 was added later in the development, the next installments foundation will be DX12 and it will be a night and day difference.