Is there going to be another update?

From_Dust_Formed
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
To fix what was broken in recent patches.

Draw distance has become a joke:

-American Planes and Tanks have a very short draw distance! Even shorter than the recent overall draw distance reduction in the last 2 patches. And character models can also appear with a very low polygon count that are simply hilarious to look at.

Balance and brokenness:

-P51K high altitude pack doesn't work.
-Respawn bug preventing respawns.
-Better admin tools for community games e.g. Being able to force players over to the other team for balance.

I'm sure there is more.

Please fix and polish or give us word if there will even be another patch to fix what was broken.

Comments

• mesterKG
    174 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They have said to come with more updates to the community games. What features we get is still unknown. I assume a new update would include some more bug fixes, but I would not expect the respawn bug to be fixed. They've had a long time to fix it and I think they've concluded it is not worth it. While annoying, it is not occurring frequently, at least for me. I've had it like three times since launch.
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -P51K high altitude pack doesn't work.

(Assuming this is true) Stuff like this drives me crazy. One of the basic QA checks that should be done before release is to make sure all the vehicle specializations work as intended. I know EA is more or less done updating the core game but a company of its size should be able to muster the resources to fix features that are broken. This isn't even a balance thing where it can be considered subjective.  This is, "Spec says it will do X" and it's not doing X. Think about all the frustrated players who may not be experienced at the game enough to know that it is broken. Their (potential) incompetence makes these players acting in good faith look and feel like fools.
  • Violent_Rumble
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    They have said to come with more updates to the community games. What features we get is still unknown.
    Here's the details, whether they actually do it is another story

• GrizzGolf
    1445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish we could get more updates like game updates but I'm glad they are spending more time on BF6. 
  • xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Turn regenerative health on or off"
    What's the point for this in BFV anyway?
  • Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

It's all pointless if the server isn't permanent when you create it.

Asking for a permanent server for free is a bit much  I guess.
    There would potentially be servers that stayed claimed but unused for long times for free.
  • Magikf1ngers
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't hold your breath.

• Violent_Rumble
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Hopefully you can save a prefig in the web portal
  • mesterKG
    174 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Saving your server setup is already a feature for the community games, if I remember well.
  • emerson1975
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your gonna get QOL updates and that’s about it!
  • AuldGadgie
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They`ve got our money,they don`t give 2 fecks about us now.
  • Magikf1ngers
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your gonna get QOL updates and that’s about it!
    Don't hold your breath.  They've promised that in two other EA franchises that they abandoned the game early in, and they haven't done anything.  

• CrashCA
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Hopefully you can save a prefig in the web portal

You can do this with the current mess of a RSP, so should be able to.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

-Better admin tools for community games 

Please fix and polish 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Asking for a permanent server for free is a bit much  I guess.There would potentially be servers that stayed claimed but unused for long times for free.

It's just a waste of time unless they add a rentable program. Getting a server to populate is a Nightmare and with it being free to everyone the chances of your server being populated is near impossible. Not to mention the player numbers that keep dropping.
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Turn regenerative health on or off"
    What's the point for this in BFV anyway?
    I know right? remember when in literally every other BF game, you were running for your life looking for a medic or his box? But now, nah, just sit behind a rock till the jam comes off your eyes.