RIP BFV

Kugel_FIN
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 29
it seems they dont care. Servers are full of highpingers, who score behind corners because of lowsy netcode. (content removed by moderator to conform with forum rules & guidelines)

How ingorant you can be? How can u treat playing community like this? 

We all know, how it is going to end. We are not going to pay for BF6. 

Post edited by Carbonic on

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I do not think they can hear you over the sound of swimming in our money.
    Or they laugh so loudly on their way down to the bank
  • ElliotLH
    9428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Considering they've been shutting down servers for entire regions, it's probably safe to say they don't care about high pingers very much.
  • Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I do not think they can hear you over the sound of swimming in our money.

I guess if you convert it into pennies it would be enough to swim in.
  • emerson1975
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 28
    The netcode is working as intended.
    Many regions have no servers now so to make this playable for them lag compensation is lengthened.
    In short in region players get a worse experience and out of region players get a playable game!
    Am sure they will say next gen will make it better blah blah blah
    Anyone that buys the next instalment has no reason to complain the next time this happens
  • Kugel_FIN
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well netcode may work like intented, but then it shows of lack of tech skills. That is what we are clearly missing here. 

Shame on you !
  • Matty101yttam
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still think the netcode isn't in fact working and that they are accidentally setting the spectator buffers by peoples ping instead in the interp/compensation code.
  • Magikf1ngers
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't pretend to know if it's the "netcode" (which is a garbage term anyway that was coined when BF4 was having so many problems at launch) or not - but I do know that, when the servers were not on Amazon or Microsoft cloud servers, they worked great.  It was when they started transitioning to the cloud services that there were issues, and it's not just Battlefield that's having the issue.  It's multiple EA franchises, as that's how EA does it now.  

Gaming on cloud services for real-time FPS is not optimum.  I think that's part of the reason they got rid of RSP is that having a rental server hosted on a third party backbone was kicking butt all over EA servers for performance.  Kind of like saying testing for a virus causes the virus to make us look bad.  That sort of "logic". 

That's one of the main reasons I'd love to see RSPs back. I'd also like to see EA invest in their games instead of going cheap on them to maximize stockholder's satisfaction instead of building a long-term relationship with the people that actually buy the products.  EA really has boned hard over the years.  That's why BF:V will be my last EA title.  Ever.  It's disappointing, having been an EA customer for almost 30 years, and a Battlefield fan since day one of 1942.  Took me the last three versions of Battlefield, the demise of another franchise that almost stole me completely away from Battlefield, and the complete bastardization of a third franchise of theirs that I loved.  I may be slow on learning lessons, but once learned, I'm out.  

(All of that being said, there's a small voice inside that tells me I still have a small smidge of hope for the next version of Battlefield.  I try to drown it out in various ways.) 

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     but I do know that, when the servers were not on Amazon or Microsoft cloud servers, they worked great.  It was when they started transitioning to the cloud services that there were issues, and it's not just Battlefield that's having the issue.   

This! 100% true. Amazon servers are absolute hot garbage but because EA wants to pay as less money as possible, we're stuck in current state of things.
  • 123loreni
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a game anyway so no need to bury it... =)
  • Carbonic
    1889 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Cleared up the thread of any cheating talk as it breaks for the forum rule:

Do not:
    ● Talk about cheating, and cheaters. We are unable to action, or comment on cheating via the forums. Check out this EA Help article if you want to report someone.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest
  • emerson1975
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plenty of other good games out there to play.
    Been having a blast on battlefront 2 and planet side.
  • Kugel_FIN
    edited July 29
    (content removed by moderator)
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • Dougherthy
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    reports don't seem to work 
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't pretend to know if it's the "netcode" (which is a garbage term anyway that was coined when BF4 was having so many problems at launch) or not - but I do know that, when the servers were not on Amazon or Microsoft cloud servers, they worked great.  It was when they started transitioning to the cloud services that there were issues, and it's not just Battlefield that's having the issue.  It's multiple EA franchises, as that's how EA does it now.  

Gaming on cloud services for real-time FPS is not optimum.  I think that's part of the reason they got rid of RSP is that having a rental server hosted on a third party backbone was kicking butt all over EA servers for performance.  Kind of like saying testing for a virus causes the virus to make us look bad.  That sort of "logic". 

That's one of the main reasons I'd love to see RSPs back. I'd also like to see EA invest in their games instead of going cheap on them to maximize stockholder's satisfaction instead of building a long-term relationship with the people that actually buy the products.  EA really has boned hard over the years.  That's why BF:V will be my last EA title.  Ever.  It's disappointing, having been an EA customer for almost 30 years, and a Battlefield fan since day one of 1942.  Took me the last three versions of Battlefield, the demise of another franchise that almost stole me completely away from Battlefield, and the complete bastardization of a third franchise of theirs that I loved.  I may be slow on learning lessons, but once learned, I'm out.  

(All of that being said, there's a small voice inside that tells me I still have a small smidge of hope for the next version of Battlefield.  I try to drown it out in various ways.) 

Agree since the switch to amazon servers the ping got higher due to routing and we face an inconsistent connections.
  • Magikf1ngers
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Agree since the switch to amazon servers the ping got higher due to routing and we face an inconsistent connections.
    I honestly feel that's at least part of the reason for the seeming "one-hit kill" out of nowhere.  The packet loss of those servers makes it so that it has to do that to keep the clients synchronized.  Nevermind that I'm on gigabyte internet, and my ping to every other gaming server in the US outside of EA's network is in the single-digit to mid-teens. 

They've done this to Battlefield, they did it to Titanfall and the NFS servers - which are the three major franchises I stuck with EA for.  They've basically made a pooch very happy in my book, and one of the handful of reasons I don't plan on buying EA products anymore.  As I said, I have that tiny voice hoping that true gamers will take back over at EA and fix it all - but that voice is very small and nearly still.  EA has beaten it into submission over the last three (four if you count the asinine Hardline) versions of Battlefield, and with Titanfall 2, NFS Payback and Heat.  

I stick with playing V and with the community for the rare occasions that I actually enjoy it, but as soon as I find something better when I have more free time, then I'm out.
  • Kugel_FIN
    it seems that highpinger -problem is just getting worse. OMG, this platform is just gone ! RIP ! I dont know if there are stats about players, but you dont have to be einstein to guess, that community is showing what they think about company attitude towards paying customers.... I know, who cares about single opinnion in internet - but fact is that many players will not forget. 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I don't even know how are you people still playing this "game"? Gave it another try today and it wasn't possible to play more than one hour.
    There is no balance in game at all.
    Highpingers are everywhere.
    Netcode is even more awful.
    No fun at all. Definitely the least enjoyable BF game overall. And there is no new one of horizon until 2021. I guess time to move on and find something better.
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    My experience also. Suggest HLL or PS, both slower but a lot of fun
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    The shot-behind-corners happens without highpingers too. Because the game itself is not synchronized. You probably noticed many times in close combat that you can't shoot, and milliseconds later you are dead. On an opposite side, slower moving bombs and projectiles from tanks are still in the air, when you die. And so on. These events should happen at the same time you die, not before or after you experience you are dead. Its only milliseconds, but enough to notice. Earlier versions of BF felt much smoother that way.
This discussion has been closed.