might as well just get rid of planes

Comments

  • Moorlander
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I try to avoid maps with planes, they too op against infantry; out of nowhere boom, yet another cheap kill for them, repeat. No fun whatsoever. My current anti plane strategy is to play breakthrough: Aerodrome if I can jump in. This gives me three good plane free maps. I sometimes play Hamada first to get a full following plane free three maps. It's worth it!
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Moorlander wrote: »
    I try to avoid maps with planes, they too op against infantry; out of nowhere boom, yet another cheap kill for them, repeat.

    And this is why we get nerfs, cause "cheap kill"
  • PSJackman4
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    man this thread is toxic lmao
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    Jeez when is this thread just gonna die? lol 

    Considering in the past, "ace" pilots spent hundreds upon hundreds of pages of arguments attempting to convince people that the Stinger in BF4 was a creation of the anti-christ despite having direct counters to it - I doubt this sort of discussion will ever be absent from any given BF title. No matter how ground-to-air is balanced, pilots have complained about it from essentially the launch of one game to the release of another.
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    Jeez when is this thread just gonna die? lol 

    No matter how ground-to-air is balanced, pilots have complained about it from essentially the launch of one game to the release of another.
    And so have infantry. Nothing new.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    And so have infantry. Nothing new.

    Well if you're going to generalize, sure - literally everything gets complained about in BF to some extent. But there's a difference between a wide variety of complaints about all gameplay facets coming from mostly infantry players, who make up the majority of any given team in any given match of BF for as long as BF has existed - and highly skilled pilots, an incredibly specific group of players among millions of people, complaining about any and all ground-to-air AA that is ever in a BF game every single time a BF game launches.

    For instance, I don't remember an incredibly small and specific group of highly skilled, primarily infantry players posting multiple lengthy and highly argumentative threads (some being 200-300+ pages long) across multiple BF titles all pertaining specifically to the same exact single aspect of each game.

    I do, however, starkly remember there being a vast sea of discussion and arguments coming from pilots pertaining specifically to AA/AA Gadget balance in every BF title as far back as BF3 (when the BL forums were first implemented). And it obviously rages on to this day.
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 had more threads from pilots due to the MAA, but BF1 and BFV had mostly been towards planes until now.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    BF4 had more threads from pilots due to the MAA, but BF1 and BFV had mostly been towards planes until now.

    Meh, I wouldn't say that. At a less-than-cursory search of "BF1 AA OP" on Google, the first results from the BF forums was:

    Screenshot-2020-07-31-10-34-10-1.png

    Above that was various results from reddit, which read with thread titles like:

    "AA gun OP Battlefield 1", dated 2016

    "[BF4] let's talk about MAA", dated 2015

    "Why are AA guns so ridiculously overpowered", dated 2018

    "[BF1] The stationary AA guns are way too overpowered", dated 2016

    Etc.

    That was without even putting effort in to actually look further than a front page Google search. Which all essentially mimic the types of discussions I was referencing above.

    Color me surprised that it took until AA was changed to not be literally worthless against aircraft in BF5 before pilots started the usual "anything that does a decent amount of damage to me or denies my God-given right to fly wherever I want is bad" that goes on in this community at some point during every single game's lifespan. /s
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    And so have infantry. Nothing new.

    Well if you're going to generalize, sure - literally everything gets complained about in BF to some extent. But there's a difference between a wide variety of complaints about all gameplay facets coming from mostly infantry players, who make up the majority of any given team in any given match of BF for as long as BF has existed - and highly skilled pilots, an incredibly specific group of players among millions of people, complaining about any and all ground-to-air AA that is ever in a BF game every single time a BF game launches.

    For instance, I don't remember an incredibly small and specific group of highly skilled, primarily infantry players posting multiple lengthy and highly argumentative threads (some being 200-300+ pages long) across multiple BF titles all pertaining specifically to the same exact single aspect of each game.

    I do, however, starkly remember there being a vast sea of discussion and arguments coming from pilots pertaining specifically to AA/AA Gadget balance in every BF title as far back as BF3 (when the BL forums were first implemented). And it obviously rages on to this day.

    Why would you call us a pilots group, we are gamers as you are ,we play the game as infantry , tankers, pilots, we play it all, at the end it's a battlefield game a combind arm game, if we find a problem in the game we will talk about it, i would not talk about sniping because i dont play it as much as i play other classes, when i play in a plane and i notice an issue i would state it because that's what i love to play and i am experienced in that field, so any thread concerning any part of the game should not be categorised and it should be taken as a general feed back to bring the game to a better state.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    421 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Why would you call us a pilots group, we are gamers as you are ,we play the game as infantry , tankers, pilots, we play it all, at the end it's a battlefield game a combind arm game"
    -----
    The last time ive checked an ace pilots profile on battlefieldtracker it showed "90 days played" total and time in planes "89 days played" cant remember his name just his clan... i think it was something like "M16"
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Why would you call us a pilots group, we are gamers as you are ,we play the game as infantry , tankers, pilots, we play it all, at the end it's a battlefield game a combind arm game"
    -----
    The last time ive checked an ace pilots profile on battlefieldtracker it showed "90 days played" total and time in planes "89 days played" cant remember his name just his clan... i think it was something like "M16"
    What is an ace pilot.?

  • iamwiener
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If we are all equal players on the battlefield, then any infantry man should have the right to dedicate himself to this tool and end a round with 45-0 all Fliegerfaust kills. End of story.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you call us a pilots group, we are gamers as you are ,we play the game as infantry , tankers, pilots, we play it all, at the end it's a battlefield game a combind arm game, if we find a problem in the game we will talk about it, i would not talk about sniping because i dont play it as much as i play other classes, when i play in a plane and i notice an issue i would state it because that's what i love to play and i am experienced in that field, so any thread concerning any part of the game should not be categorised and it should be taken as a general feed back to bring the game to a better state.

    Because pilot main players who primarily play in aircraft are an exceedingly specific group among the playerbase as a whole, and are even moreso specific in regards to the vocal community. And because that group of players with that specific preferred playstyle have argued incessantly in their own favor against AA balance across multiple BF games regardless of the form of AA that's used in any given game. It's an incredibly specific playstyle and an incredibly specific and repeated topic among more than just a few BF titles regardless of AA tools, gadgets, balance, etc in those different games.

    As someone said in this thread pages back - in BF4 pilot mains complained in droves that the Stinger was the cheesiest most OP gadget to exist. They argued people should be able to destroy aircraft with OHK dumbfire rockets or get in aircraft themselves. Now we have a group of pilot mains saying OHK dumb fire rockets that don't even OHK 100% of the time are OP, as well as the range of MAA and SAA, and are insisting AA should be nerfed and dissenters should get in a plane. There's nothing negative about categorizing pilot main players, it's not as if I'm implying you shouldn't be allowed to specialize in a certain aspect of BF or anything like that.

    I'd even catagorize myself. I'm primarily an infantry player who doesn't use any form of vehicles outside of unarmored transport vehicles. No doubt, being on foot is how I've played 99% of the 800+ hours I've put into BF5 so far. But I still play every single infantry class, use every single weapon, use AA and stationary cannons regularly to combat vehicles, and always try to help toward the team effort. I'm not afraid to switch to Assault with a RL to destroy a tank after getting killed by a tank as a Medic four times in a row. I'm not afraid to switch to support and repair/assist a couple tanks to push forward. I'm not afraid to switch from Medic to Recon so I can shoot flares over heavily contested OBJs to help my team who is getting beat down. I'm not afraid to duck away from a gunfight because a guy 100m away with a G43 is out gunning my Thompson.

    I'm not going to keep employing the same behavior, get the same results, and then blame it on the game just because whatever I'm using and whichever tactic I'm employing won't work 100% of the time in any given situation.

    And after thousands of hours across the entire expanse of BF, I'd even say the type of player I categorize myself as is in pretty short supply these days. Not that I'm attempting to brag or anything pointless like that, my stats are okay but I'm nothing special really. There's just been a lot of talk around the community about specializing a playstyle around one specific aspect of the game, instead of constantly adapting to the wide variety and range of dangers offered in any given match of BF. And it seems a lot of those people who specialize in one aspect of the game over all others have a lot to say about how the rest of the game is improportionately powerful compared to their preferred style of play. Infantry classes included.

    It's more a critique of the "specialization" mindset overall, not a proclamation that nobody should be specializing in something if they want to. Play however you like. Im still going to call people who primarily play in aircraft "pilots". It's nothing against those people. Feel free to talk about what you think is a problem, but as someone who has spent plenty of time on the other side of the fence in the pilots vs AA situation, I'm still free to dispute the complaint. This is a discussion forum as much as it is a place to leave feedback. It's not meant to be an echo-chamber.
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    iamwiener said:
    If we are all equal players on the battlefield, then any infantry man should have the right to dedicate himself to this tool and end a round with 45-0 all Fliegerfaust kills. End of story.
    If the game had 4 infantry players and 60 planes it would be possible if the player develop the same skills with the FF as some pilots do with a plane
  • iamwiener
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you do feel special because you are one of the glorious 4? Ok then, I will modify my statement: If one of you has the right to go 45-0 on infantry, then 30 infantry plebs have the right to shoot down 45 planes around with any sort of AA.

    Whats your argument now? FF is easy use and you trained hard to become a ace pilot? Now what about all those pilots I witness who still have there 30+ kills on infantry with a fighter despite all the Fliegerfaust fireworks? Could it possibly be that there are simply better pilots than you out there? Maybe, instead of whining 16 pages, you should develop some skill dodging the Fliegerfaust or simply host and advertise your own server for "fighters dogfight only"
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, I`m just saying that planes have 32 targets and infantry only have 2. Its easier to go 45-0 with more targets at the same time.
  • iamwiener
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol what?  Your logic is hilarious mate! Thx for that - that made my day. XD
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Why would you call us a pilots group, we are gamers as you are ,we play
    the game as infantry , tankers, pilots, we play it all, at the end it's a
    battlefield game a combind arm game"
    The last time ive checked an ace pilots profile on battlefieldtracker it showed "90 days played" total and time in planes "89 days played" cant remember his name just his clan... i think it was something like "M16"

    It's a game and each one can play it as he likes , that dos not change the fact if this guy find an issue in the game and report it he should be that class only player, you should look at it as a problem and if it is a real one the devs. Should fix it.
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
     Could it possibly be that there are simply better pilots than you out there? Maybe, instead of whining 16 pages, you should develop some skill dodging the Fliegerfaust or simply host and advertise your own server for "fighters dogfight only"
    I dont think you get what Im trying to say. The only thing I fear is another fighter. Its very rare I get shoot down by AA/FF and I can farm infantry with out any problems. I think the buff of AA/FF have made it easier to farm and made it worse for infantry since fighters no longer are any danger.  Im actually on the infantry side in this matter and think its wrong that I can go +30 in every game just bombing infantry and not having to deal with enemy fighters.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Why would you call us a pilots group, we are gamers as you are ,we play the game as infantry , tankers, pilots, we play it all, at the end it's a battlefield game a combind arm game, if we find a problem in the game we will talk about it, i would not talk about sniping because i dont play it as much as i play other classes, when i play in a plane and i notice an issue i would state it because that's what i love to play and i am experienced in that field, so any thread concerning any part of the game should not be categorised and it should be taken as a general feed back to bring the game to a better state.

    Because pilot main players who primarily play in aircraft are an exceedingly specific group among the playerbase as a whole, and are even moreso specific in regards to the vocal community. And because that group of players with that specific preferred playstyle have argued incessantly in their own favor against AA balance across multiple BF games regardless of the form of AA that's used in any given game. It's an incredibly specific playstyle and an incredibly specific and repeated topic among more than just a few BF titles regardless of AA tools, gadgets, balance, etc in those different games.

    As someone said in this thread pages back - in BF4 pilot mains complained in droves that the Stinger was the cheesiest most OP gadget to exist. They argued people should be able to destroy aircraft with OHK dumbfire rockets or get in aircraft themselves. Now we have a group of pilot mains saying OHK dumb fire rockets that don't even OHK 100% of the time are OP, as well as the range of MAA and SAA, and are insisting AA should be nerfed and dissenters should get in a plane. There's nothing negative about categorizing pilot main players, it's not as if I'm implying you shouldn't be allowed to specialize in a certain aspect of BF or anything like that.

    I'd even catagorize myself. I'm primarily an infantry player who doesn't use any form of vehicles outside of unarmored transport vehicles. No doubt, being on foot is how I've played 99% of the 800+ hours I've put into BF5 so far. But I still play every single infantry class, use every single weapon, use AA and stationary cannons regularly to combat vehicles, and always try to help toward the team effort. I'm not afraid to switch to Assault with a RL to destroy a tank after getting killed by a tank as a Medic four times in a row. I'm not afraid to switch to support and repair/assist a couple tanks to push forward. I'm not afraid to switch from Medic to Recon so I can shoot flares over heavily contested OBJs to help my team who is getting beat down. I'm not afraid to duck away from a gunfight because a guy 100m away with a G43 is out gunning my Thompson.

    I'm not going to keep employing the same behavior, get the same results, and then blame it on the game just because whatever I'm using and whichever tactic I'm employing won't work 100% of the time in any given situation.

    And after thousands of hours across the entire expanse of BF, I'd even say the type of player I categorize myself as is in pretty short supply these days. Not that I'm attempting to brag or anything pointless like that, my stats are okay but I'm nothing special really. There's just been a lot of talk around the community about specializing a playstyle around one specific aspect of the game, instead of constantly adapting to the wide variety and range of dangers offered in any given match of BF. And it seems a lot of those people who specialize in one aspect of the game over all others have a lot to say about how the rest of the game is improportionately powerful compared to their preferred style of play. Infantry classes included.

    It's more a critique of the "specialization" mindset overall, not a proclamation that nobody should be specializing in something if they want to. Play however you like. Im still going to call people who primarily play in aircraft "pilots". It's nothing against those people. Feel free to talk about what you think is a problem, but as someone who has spent plenty of time on the other side of the fence in the pilots vs AA situation, I'm still free to dispute the complaint. This is a discussion forum as much as it is a place to leave feedback. It's not meant to be an echo-chamber.

    will there are lots of problems in the air balance now , i dont see you or the players that dont get in a plane saying any thing about them, would you play with a gun that shoot ruber bolts ? The pacific planes have two 500lb bombs that dont do damage to infantry unless it land on his head and then it might kill him, the same plane have two incindery bombs that dont kill also it's a visual bomb only, it's the main load of the plane and it takes 25 sec to reload add to that the travel time and the search time for a target so you are talking about 1 min. Without any kill and you repeat the same process again and again hoping to get a kill, did you talke about this issue? No, did you know about it? So how would you know if not a player that fly a plane say that .
Sign In or Register to comment.