DICE, we're gonna need another map pack...

clouseau2112
221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
If you expect us fans to stick around until BF6 releases I'm sure around the Fall of 2021.
Just being honest here. The current maps are already stale at this point, and another 15 months without a 4 map, map pack just won't cut it.
Sure, there are bugs and issues that still need tweaking (and I can deal with those), but more content (maps) will be the difference between this game living, or dying between now and the BF6 release.
Opinions, thoughts on the matter...

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'd be nice but won't happen now they've stopped supporting content additions.
  • clouseau2112
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything is possible, my friend.
    They say a lot of things...

Seriously DICE, throw us a life line here and get a small team to hash out 1 more map pack. I think that's the least you can do considering the shaky run of BFV
  • ElliotLH
    9843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is very true and in this case I'd have no issue at all being proved wrong. In fact it'd be lovely.
  • AmosBurton_GER
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2020
    I am afraid that they don't expect us to stick around...
    The more players leave, the less servers need to be running - > saves costs.
  • clouseau2112
    I have no doubt plenty more copies of BFV will sell over the Holidays, along with the release of both new consoles.

Heck, I'd pay $15 bucks for a map pack at this point. They should have never gotten rid of Premium, :-(
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anything is possible, my friend.
    They say a lot of things...

Seriously DICE, throw us a life line here and get a small team to hash out 1 more map pack. I think that's the least you can do considering the shaky run of BFV

too little too late, game is 100% done and dusted. hell is more likely to freeze over then DICE adding anything more to BFV
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't releasing new content precisely because people weren't sticking around.
  • GrizzGolf
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We wont get it but it would be nice
  • clouseau2112
    I appreciate all the feedback/opinions!

I still have to hope DICE will reconsider, and throw us one more map pack. Honestly, I'd be thrilled with rehashed maps from BF4 or BF1...anything is better than nothing IMO.

On a side note* Always looking for mature, mic'd up gamers who can hold their own and tthen some for team play.
    I run with some very good players and we play to win. Xbox platform only. Just shoot me a private message and I'll add your GT.
  • ragnarok013
    3966 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It's all hands on deck for Battlefield 6 so I wouldn't expect any resources or personnel to be diverted to support a legacy product. Personally I want as much effort going into BF6 as possible so we receive the best game that we can.
  • Dougherthy
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    we have seen the best you can i guess not many hands needed on deck to make bf6

• Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I still have to hope DICE will reconsider, and throw us one more map pack. Honestly, I'd be thrilled with rehashed maps from BF4 or BF1...anything is better than nothing IMO.

On a side note* Always looking for mature, mic'd up gamers who can hold their own and tthen some for team play.
    I run with some very good players and we play to win. Xbox platform only. Just shoot me a private message and I'll add your GT.

For many, I don't think an extra map pack can save BFV.
  • emerson1975
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's all hands on deck for Battlefield 6 so I wouldn't expect any resources or personnel to be diverted to support a legacy product. Personally I want as much effort going into BF6 as possible so we receive the best game that we can.

Personally I wanted every battlefield game to get as much effort going towards it as possible but clearly bf5 got hardly any
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is effectively in the bin. Barely followed the war, lacklustre maps, terrible live service predicted to fail. Grand operations abandoned,  firestorm not wanted and abandoned.  

They ballsed up a sure fire hit with WWII at this stage I don't even want new maps. 
  • clouseau2112
    @ Trokey66...

I should elaborate...
    Not really concerned about the living, or dying of BFV so much...

Just trying to help us die hards get some more content, so the long road to BF6 isn't so long.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think you're going to get another map pack. In fact, I don't think you're going to get another good game from this studio. Whoever knew how to make a good game, seems to have found careers elsewhere, or retired. It's pretty obvious there's a newer, younger generation of developers working on these games now. I logged into the game today and found political activism on the home screen. You guys are troopers to stick it out this long.
  • ragnarok013
    3966 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't think you're going to get another map pack. In fact, I don't think you're going to get another good game from this studio. Whoever knew how to make a good game, seems to have found careers elsewhere, or retired. It's pretty obvious there's a newer, younger generation of developers working on these games now. I logged into the game today and found political activism on the home screen. You guys are troopers to stick it out this long.

5hadyBrady let's not derail the thread with a political discussion as that never turns out well for anyone.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    475 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Better no more map packs... the map design was more or less bad, very bad in BF5... must have been some bums straight from the street making the maps in BF5 for a hot cup of coffee and some bugs for booze... awful... i dont want to see more of it... i dont even want another BF...
  • Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map packs?
    Balance,
    Team Switch/balancing
    Fix bugs such as getting stuck on the death screen.

Map packs should be the last thing they think about if they were to develop anything more for this game.
  • CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just waiting on the team balancer and community games. Hardcore will change it up.