BF5 PC Win10 Water texture bug glitch fuzzy blurry pixelated draw distance

AuToMaTiK
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I have noticed that about 5M out closeup, and in the distance, the water is rendering blurry, pixelated, fuzzy and blurry. The textures disappear into an indistinct blur. Solutions appreciated. 

Near view: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ibxKRlNZ3xqnzUeVtIcqdy1TX1G86Ikh
                   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Losqt2XZW7OnYvVjKYgkNxCW8WLDe5D

Far View:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ToRpsq218o5vdHGR5d27tqvfP2Zs3C0R

Settings:    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cpGRPlYM1qneAER7_3yH-L_NsGG3XPek
                  https://drive.google.com/open?id=190BFDU74IkV3OFqr6nJJHOs8gpDtmRcY

System:

Win10
Ryzen 5 3600x
RTX 2070 Super

Comments

• Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     that is quite normal in this game, i have the same issue and i have a nice rig myself, it has always been like this, you will even notice in some parts of a couple maps like Devastation  you will notice very poor textures on certain walls, its just the version of the engine this game was made from, i believe this game is a console port so it has its limitations.
  • AuToMaTiK
    I appreciate the reply, but I'm hoping for a fix here...there has got to be a solution. I have tried turning off DXR, motion blur and a few other things which have improved it somewhat, but it seems that with a triple-A title like this, I should be able to run on max settings, enjoying sheer beauty, even if my FPS takes a hit. I'm OK with that, hit as long as the FPS stays somewhere near my monitor's 120HZ refresh rate. Anyone else have a tip or trick that has worked to fix this?
  • _Slayde_Killer_
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hey!

i have EXACLY same problem! i even have much better pc and monitor than you, i tryed everything, it doesn't work! i look on youtube, it is not like this, all the others dont have this problem, anyone know why?
  • CSO7777
    1881 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can also observe terrain having the same issues.

I think Dice has pushed the graphics to a point, where they can only draw objects at highest quality at very short distances. This maybe because of wanting to push graphics on old consoles, but also a matter of having decent frame-rates on lower end PCs (GTX1060, RX580 etc). It could also be because of some of these graphic effects are slow on frostbite and therefore they have to limit their number to keep frames stable.

I would be nice to adjust the draw-distance on PC though. The performance difference between a GTX1060 and a RTX2080 is huge.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14444 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Common thing I notice aswell.

No fix for it as far as I'm aware,  And this is on 2080ti.

• AuToMaTiK
    Eventually with my Gigabyte RTX2070 Super, (which overclocks quite nicely) I just fine tuned my settings and its no longer a problem.

Here's my current settings, the game still looks stunning while getting 120FPS.

motion blur OFF
    ADS DOF effects OFF
    Chromatic, Film grain, Vignette, Lens, ALL OFF
    DXR OFF
    DX12 ON + HDR Auto
    Future frame rendering OFF
    vsync OFF
    Texture quality, filtering, lighting quality, Mesh, Terrain ULTRA 
    Effects quality MEDIUM
    Post processing, undergrowth, ambient occlusion LOW
    Antialiasing post TAA HIGH

Other tweaks include setting the "timer tool" tro .5ms (you can download this utility free)
    I have my 2070 Super configured with Afterburner and it runs stable and cool at 2010MHz w 8000Mhz memory speed. Fans 100%.
  • _Slayde_Killer_
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Alright, i fixed the problem guys!

1. Make a clean Windows 10 instalation.
    2. Download latest graphich driver and put it to your desktop.
    3. Install DDU, go in safemode and uninstall the graphich drivers, after that PC will restart, IMPORTANT (remove the internet cable from your PC when its restarting) if you dont do this windows will install old drivers for your graphich card.
    4. Install the latest drivers you downloaded (se step 2)

It worked for me, its up to you guys to try it :) 
  • Niick1402
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you just installed the newest driver the outcome would have been the same. DDU  isn't necessary unless there's a problem with the driver and a regular repair/reinstall didn't work or you want to install a different GPU from a different manufacturer. You could also have install windows without internet cable if you don't want it to look for and install newer drivers. It wouldn't make a difference tough, there's a basic driver installed along with windows anyways.  
    -
    If you are curious how to bios would do it:

• LOLGotYerTags
    14444 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Alright, i fixed the problem guys!

1. Make a clean Windows 10 instalation.
    2. Download latest graphich driver and put it to your desktop.
    3. Install DDU, go in safemode and uninstall the graphich drivers, after that PC will restart, IMPORTANT (remove the internet cable from your PC when its restarting) if you dont do this windows will install old drivers for your graphich card.
    4. Install the latest drivers you downloaded (se step 2)

It worked for me, its up to you guys to try it :) 
    Totally unnecessary to reinstall windows.

You'd only really need to reinstall windows if windows was causing issues such as crashes,  corrupt files etc.

DDU is only necessary really if you're trying to resolve graphics issues,  it is best to look at the 'known issues' on driver releases too as new drivers may have introduced visual bugs to certain titles