BF:V is amazing, DICE can't seem to get any love here!

Comments

• Tha_Growler
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am confident the developers at DICE are amazing and really up to the task.  My take it is all about leadership or the lack thereof.  The leadership at DICE need their MOJO back.
  • PSJackman4
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lightz0ut said:
    Meanwhile, I just want a proper remake to Medal of honor Allied Assault 
    i want more dlcs for the bulgarian, serbian, japanese, and greek armies for BF1. And also a dlc for the fighting in the african colonies
    Yeah now that I have been playing longer I am starting to see the wasted potential. If they want wallet votes that fine. Also, couple little bug/features/problems starting to become "normal" like people with no line-of-sight constant killing you on spawn.  It's just videro games but yeh history tells a story worth not forgetting.  DICE is awesome but yeah its a little mysterious why they might just shelve a ton a work that may or not have been done.

I wouldn't necessarily say that BF1 was wasted potential, because they did fit a ton of things in the game, from the naval battles, to the Russian Civil War. But there were other parts of the war that were interesting or important that should have been included in BF1.  

Here's what I think they would have added.

•Bulgarian Army

•Serbian Army

•Japanese Army

•Greek Army

•Battles in Africa between colonial troops

•The Battle of the Falklands
  • Hawxxeye
    7824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lightz0ut said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    It all boils down to expectations vs reality dear lightz0ut

I have never accused of being a realist but I can stick by one conviction the core gameplay, based on squads working as a team is awesome and functional. You just need three other people with mics that are down and not annoying.

I already try to play like that with my clan.
    But even then we often have different ideas of fun. Most of my clan are infantry heroes while I am more into vehicles myself.. It is hard to have 3 exactly like minded people available

• Tha_Growler
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To me, I would like to go back to 6 man squads like BF2.  And we need all kinds infantry and vehicles with coordinated attacks to be successful.  Never took a flag (really) with a jet.
  • lightz0ut
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought the Commander concept was awesome in BF2 as well. Especially now that so many people have tablets. Don't feel like trudging? Grab your ipad and start giving orders from your tabletop view. Earn requisition and drop some food or bombs, your call.
  • Tha_Growler
    lightz0ut said:
    I thought the Commander concept was awesome in BF2 as well. Especially now that so many people have tablets. Don't feel like trudging? Grab your ipad and start giving orders from your tabletop view. Earn requisition and drop some food or bombs, your call.

Commander worked great in BF4 as well, but it required you leave the game and come back in.    Communication between the commander and squad leaders seemed better in BF2.
  • TrueWebby
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice is not getting much love cause the bad PR, anticheat, TTK and the fact soviets were not included overshadows everything.
  • llllFluffyllll
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    I stopped playing 4 weeks ago. Done that 2 times before but this time I dont think I`m comming back since the  game wont be improved in any way. BFV will be remembered as the game that could have been great but failed.
    This.  So much potential wasted.

Just look at all the amazing maps in bf1942 and they only bothered to bring Wake over.

As it happens the cheating was so bad, in the end nothing mattered.
  • Tha_Growler
    Not sure about 1942.  Never played that one.  I started on BF2 and Wake Island.  They tried to bring it in BF3 and ruined play with changes.  BFV tried Wake Island.  It was OK.  I actually love Provence.  The full sized map did not come out until they were about to shut down BFV. 

You are right.  Cheating was a big part of the downfall as well. What added to it was that it did not appear DICE had any interest in fixing it.  I mean if they aren't going to do anything to address it in a meaningful way then allow private servers where a human can kick and ban someone.
  • ragnarok013
    3916 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Not sure about 1942.  Never played that one.  I started on BF2 and Wake Island.  They tried to bring it in BF3 and ruined play with changes.  BFV tried Wake Island.  It was OK.  I actually love Provence.  The full sized map did not come out until they were about to shut down BFV. 

You are right.  Cheating was a big part of the downfall as well. What added to it was that it did not appear DICE had any interest in fixing it.  I mean if they aren't going to do anything to address it in a meaningful way then allow private servers where a human can kick and ban someone.
    Tha_Growler  do not derail the thread with off topic comments about cheating.

• Tha_Growler
    Not looking derail anything.  Cheating is one of the many reason the game failed.
  • iamwiener
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    umm
    I don't see "Tom Cruise" at all when I see that American Elite .
    I see Cher's friend Christian in 'Clueless' .
    :D  

You've got a terrible movie taste
  • Hawkhill_no
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't play if you aren't having fun, maybe now its time to appreciate how fun BF:V is when firing on all cylinders. 

Well, we still play - because it is a beautiful game, and we have payed good money for it, 75 euro most of us. We only complain about 2 things:
    1. In this day and age could have foreseen that there would be NO (noticeable) anti cheat system? And the cheating is not a minor issue, it's on a neverbefore seen scale (I've been here since "1942").
    2. The nonexistent game balance kills round after round.

These 2 issues, independently and together, is literally ruining game after game. And the cencorship, I'm flabbergasted. It's an adult game and your not allowed to say "stupid", or tankhunt", really???

To sum up - Excuse us for putting these matters before the almighty corporates and devs that prey on our wallets. Stop sucking up to them and put forward your righteous grievances.

• TrueWebby
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone ready for the last major update hoping its soviets. We get tom cruise........
  • glasgowsmile87
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand I remember in BF4 we spent nearly a year tweaking the BF experience till it was down to a fine are then boom battlefield 1 dropped and we went back to square 1, I will never in my live attend and help with a CTE program ever  again
  • Celsi_GER
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    And after BF1 they managed to make it even worse by killing important features like team balancing, anticheat and rental servers.
    Who makes such monumental errors "by accident"? Seemed to me that they deliberately tried to kill the franchise, but now, to my surprise, BF6 seems to really be in development.

BF6 will either be a great succes or the end of the franchise. Black* or white, there is no place for "grey" this time. Like Unreal Tournament 3 fifteen years ago (which was the end of the franchise).

* disclaimer: this has nothing to do with skin color, BLM!
  • Hawkhill_no
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In spite if the seemingly beautiful game. The franchise died with bfv. A huge letdown fron bf1. We will not buy bf6.