Forums and Games

SlowFatWombat
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I don't get this forum or the rules they have.

Without players and a community, the BF franchise and other games die. But yet if we speak out about anything that might be considered hateful, threatening, racial, sexist, discriminative we get temporarily banned or permabanned. The BF franchise is about killing and murder like people get very passionate about it and want the developers to understand, they want the developers to know about broken guns, or broken spawns or cheaters and in their frustration, they say offensive words. 

The world is an ugly place and all the things that we can get banned from are everywhere, just hiding behind the teeth of people, hidden behind better judgement, but you moderators need to understand, we come onto these forums to tell you things that shouldn't happen, or discuss future features in future games, some of us (including me) get a bit of rage playing this game. But I try to help my team and win, or cap flags. The thing that's frustrating is the spawns, the netcode problems, the op guns, the broken maps. Without the community, games would be forever broken. 

I just don't understand why 1 moderator can ban people. it should be a collaboration, about what the person has discussed and if it is allowed in the forums, you can all check out my posts and laugh and judge or comment but I have valid points, I have gotten mad at some things and vented out in the forums page but it's from frustration from the game. 

SlowFatWombat

Comments

• TheNoobPolice
    1632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly why forums are dying and places like Discord, and even Reddit, as obnoxious as what it can be, are flourishing

There's about 3 mods and a few regular posters here who continue to gate-keep this forum like it has some value anymore...like someone still stood at the bus stop after the last one has just left for the day lol. 

Not just this forum obviously, all AAA publisher official forums are becoming ghost towns that might as well not exist compared to prior years, and with good reason.
  • elderwarriors
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, we can't have any of this. This is a place of worship for EA supporters and to have people just coming in and making a point and talking about the moderators, well, it's just not on. I will post on it and they will REMOVE the post altogether. 
    That will fix it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14439 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    When YOU sign up for a forum account,  you do so knowing that there are rules that require you to abide by,  This should be common sense for anybody.

There actually is "collaboration" between volunteer moderators and EA staff.

You as an end user are expected to abide by the rules,  Failure to do so usually results in an infraction.

As the amount of violations a user has goes up,  The closer you get to a permanent suspension.

Every mod has the ability to remove rulebreakers,  Not just one.

Also in addition,  Most of us have been around in some shape or form from before this forum shifted into existence.

I won't be allowing this thread to continue,  But i must urge you that if you wish to discuss past interactions with me in a calm respectful manner,  you can PM me and discuss it there.

The public forum is not the appropriate place to discuss moderation in any shape or form.
  • EA_Tom
    123 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    I don't get this forum or the rules they have.

Without players and a community, the BF franchise and other games die. But yet if we speak out about anything that might be considered hateful, threatening, racial, sexist, discriminative we get temporarily banned or permabanned. 

@[email protected] already gave a good explanation. But I'd like to echo my sentiment as well.

Discussion topics from your quote in bold have nothing to do with having fun a in a video game. The Battlefield community can thrive just as well without them. Furthermore, discussion of that nature adds nothing constructive to the conversation, and simply has no place here.

We are upfront about the forum rules; i.e. they are available for all to read, even if you aren't signed in to the forum. So if you disagree with them you are free to discuss elsewhere. If you do choose to join discussion on these boards, then we ask you abide by the rules.
This discussion has been closed.