Ban Campers

NeutralCircle92
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can ww just put a temporary ban on people who camp, they don't even play the objective,they are annoying and don't help out tne team,I remember back then everybody rushed now they camp, who agreed 

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not me, sorry. I'm in the 'Let people play how they want' camp though. I'm sure there will be some people who do agree with you.
  • WebsterHyperion
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I camp on or near the objective, im a team player. :smiley:
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14444 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 3
    Can ww just put a temporary ban on people who camp, they don't even play the objective,they are annoying and don't help out tne team,I remember back then everybody rushed now they camp, who agreed 
    Sorry but I disagree.

Even if they are in your eyes "camping",  If they are actively defending an objective via area denial ( sniping enemies inside the objective whereas the "camper" is outside the objective shooting in ) they are still playing the objective despite not actually pushing it.

Not to mention,  They may be fulfilling the requirements for weapon or class assignments,  which many highlight the need to get x kills as a *insert class here* in one life or one round.

For example,  I snipe fairly often when I want to push but be a bit more defensive.

It doesn't mean my actions in the round are detrimental to my teams ability to capture objectives.

Camping is still a viable tactic no matter how dirty it may seem and how annoying to you it may be, I wouldn't even refer to it as camping either as camping would suggest that the player is in a position for area denial.
  • bfloo11111111111
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Are we talking about people that are defending an objective, or the snipers and vehicle players who wouldn't leave the spawn area if it was on fire?
  • CSO7777
    1881 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 6
    Are we talking about people that are defending an objective, or the snipers and vehicle players who wouldn't leave the spawn area if it was on fire?
    I have been accused of being a camper several times, in matches where our team was being totally overrun and I just tried to defend one of our remaining objectives (that was being attacked constantly)...

Of course there are campers, but some people think that when one flag is capped, you instantly have to zerg to the next flag or otherwise you are camping...
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camping and defending goes hand in hand together. Someone has to defend those objectives captured by your team or otherwise they would fall into enemy hands without resistance. There are even defensive gadgets in the game which implies defending and area/route denial is part of gameplay :)
  • IKobi_Blade
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 16
    If we talking players that camp on their base with vehicles/sniper, with no way to reach them, then I agree they should be banned.

If we talking players camping on reachable areas of the map, defending objectives and themselves, then I disagree with bans.

EA already has systems in place to detect when a player is in the backline, so it wouldn't take much effort to kill, kick or ban them.