How many is going to skip BF6 because DICE betrayed us with BF5?

Kugel_FIN
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Its obvious, that they dont care about BF5 - since they have our money. 

Are you going to award them by buying BF6?

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only thing that will make me preorder again (and have done since I could) would for it to be set in Vietnam 🇻🇳

Will play the free beta and wait until release unless I’m taking away by how good the beta is.

• Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    Only thing that will make me preorder again (and have done since I could) would for it to be set in Vietnam 🇻🇳

Will play the free beta and wait until release unless I’m taking away by how good the beta is.

I think that Vietnam would be a setting that in this PC era would be too sensitive a subject for this era with colonial man bad stuff floating around.
    However yes, it would be an interesting setting for us the real gamers who just want to have fun playing.

• DerDoktorMabuse
    382 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Only thing that will make me preorder again (and have done since I could) would for it to be set in Vietnam 🇻🇳"
    Its already leaked that BF6 will play in the near future...
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    "I think that Vietnam would be a setting that in this PC era would be too sensitive a subject for this era with colonial man bad stuff floating around."
    But, but... the bad old white man lost the war...
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    "I think that Vietnam would be a setting that in this PC era would be too sensitive a subject for this era with colonial man bad stuff floating around."
    But, but... the bad old white man lost the war...
    You think that would stop the "virtuous" crowds who decide to feel offended on behalf of others? Remember what happened with the Ghost of Tsushima? When the media were harping that it was not respectful of the Japanese while the actual Japanese themselves where loving the game so much that it sold out of physical copies?
    I think that they will go for the near future setting because it is much safer, especially if they go for imaginary "bad guys" like Command and Conquer did
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    I think that they will go for the near future setting because it is much safer, especially if they go for imaginary "bad guys" like Command and Conquer did
    -----------------------------------------
    I hope that DICE has learned its lesson, of course they will never admit it was a mistake to allow politics to seep that deep into a game/ company... they will go the way you describe and will be more successful with it...
  • Hawxxeye
    edited September 9
    -----------------------------------------
    I hope that DICE has learned its lesson, of course they will never admit it was a mistake to allow politics to seep that deep into a game/ company... they will go the way you describe and will be more successful with it...
    The problem was not in what they included in the promotion of the game, as much as how they decided to act all condescending about it. Someone needed to teach them the backfire effect.
    The reactions to the reveal trailer would had died out a lot faster if a few of them did not tried to fan the flames for months up to and including the release.
    Fortunately with the 2020 crisis, a lot of companies will have made official policies to prevent the staff from making having the liberty of making statements that could damage the brands due to controversy.
    I never understood all those non-public figures who believe they need to use the social media to make public statements about their views using their real identity
  • tempo_rarity
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will they return with head-to-toe Bee suits on , or with a newfound respect for hives?
    I'd buy the next BF , partly out of this curiosity to see which one arrives with it   :p

This is for sure too : BFV's evolutionary ride has been . . umm . . highly enlightening and (overall and in the end) a ton of fun as well .
    That , is mostly why I'd buy again . 
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

I think that Vietnam would be a setting that in this PC era would be too sensitive a subject for this era with colonial man bad stuff floating around.
    However yes, it would be an interesting setting for us the real gamers who just want to have fun playing.

But who would be the 'bad guy' which wouldn't upset somebody?
  • CloneTrooperCT
    403 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ill buy it if bf6 got vietnam war. I think dice will follow call of duty cold war
  • Carbonic
    1935 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Kugel_FIN said:
    "Its obvious, that they dont care about BF5"
    "because DICE betrayed us with BF5"
    Oh, the rhetoric used here is just silly negativity spreading. You not being happy with what you got (despite playing for almost 1000 hours) is not the same as they not caring about BF5 or them betraying anything. 
    If you want to have people discuss if they will buy BF6 or not and why at least try and be specific and give proper reasons.
  • mesterKG
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will most def buy the next BF.. as I have done since BF2. BF5 was great so why would I abandon the franchise?

I never pre-order anything and don't plan to start.. it is just silly, imo.
  • mataempat
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they include it in Ea Play Basic, I'll play. Else I'll wait and see in terms of Asian Server saturation with "creative" players. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Please keep this section related to BFV.

Anything else ( e.g BF6 etc ) goes in the following section.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/battlefield-general-discussion
This discussion has been closed.