BF:V is amazing, DICE can't seem to get any love here!

Comments

• mesterKG
    166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In spite if the seemingly beautiful game. The franchise died with bfv. A huge letdown fron bf1. We will not buy bf6.

I dunno who "we" are. I will certainly buy it. Bfv was beautiful and a step up from bf1, in my opinion. I can still log in and play on full servers whenever I want so it seems the death of bfv is somewhat exaggerated.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4408 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    In spite if the seemingly beautiful game. The franchise died with bfv. A huge letdown fron bf1. We will not buy bf6.

I dunno who "we" are. I will certainly buy it. Bfv was beautiful and a step up from bf1, in my opinion. I can still log in and play on full servers whenever I want so it seems the death of bfv is somewhat exaggerated.
    Ending support halfway through the development cycle is not exactly live and kicking though is it? How are those nice full Firestorm servers going for you? 
  • mesterKG
    (Quote)
    Ending support halfway through the development cycle is not exactly live and kicking though is it? How are those nice full Firestorm servers going for you? 

Firestorm is definitely a bummer. Wish for more players and more support in that one. But bfv proper is still full of players. If no more content means dead, then sure.. It's dead.
  • Celsi_GER
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Image you are in the middle of a desert and just drank your last water.
    You still feel like everything is normal, but nevertheless you're dead.
  • Hawkhill_no
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG wrote: »

“DICE can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but Dice cannot fool all the people all the time.”
  • mesterKG

i am sometimes really really asking myslef if we played the same game for the last 18 months.
    -the game launched in a rather poor state
    -the game had an even worse content drought then BF1 did which took i think 5-6 months for the first proper content, BFV as far as i am concerned did not deliverone new map until hat what 7 months in till the grecce themed maps came? i am not counting Panzerstorm
    -they fiddled not once not twice nor thrice with TTK but four times within 14 months, that is a complete overhaul of something no one in the community really asked for in that magnitute ever
    -the issues which get you in time-out in the forums
    -the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor net-code we had to deal with and still do to a degree
    - the absolute joke the Co-op turned out to be (they advertised a dynamic story driven experience with optional rewards if you take a risk in the end and not the same mission on 4 maps or whatever the mode has devolved into)
    -communication between the community and the devs, now i do not mean the CMs like i mean the studio at large giving out false statements or releassing the news with too little time notice if at all
    -the entire chapter 4 joke with an apology from the lead dev which was never acted upon to any satisfying note

i am not even going to mention the balance issues since this community can't even agree on the colour of the sky even if it needed to and balance in a multiplayer FPS is always subjective at best
    but by god the list above could still be bigger and longer. BFV in its current state now is an okay game and that is good but imagine you go fin for an operation in a hospital do you want to get an okay job done from an esteem surgon who is known to deliever in the end or are you going to accepts the bare minimum effort even though he put into it?

Yeah, I'm asking me the same thing.. I've had fun playing BFV all through those issues you list there.. never understood all the fuzz.
    TTK changes? I adapted and had fun. Poor Co-Op? not my cup of tea anyways, though I remember the fun I had with coop in.. was it badCompany2? Would I like more content, i.e. maps? For sure.. Cheaters? while damn annoying when I've encountered them, I just leave the server and try again. Firestorm was the worst in that regard for me with teaming solos.. Sad! net code? it will never be perfect and its same for everyone.
    Communication between devs and community could mos def be improved upon. I think the community got some blame here too, but EADice could do better for sure.
  • mesterKG

“DICE can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but Dice cannot fool all the people all the time.”

I'm happy to be fooled by dice if it lets me have fun with a game for more than 1400 hours. Well spent money, I say.
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    mesterKG said:

I'm happy to be fooled by dice if it lets me have fun with a game for more than 1400 hours. Well spent money, I say.
    Spending a more time on one BF game than others does not mean that the person is 100% having more fun. It can have a lot to do with DICE finding better ways to cause some form of addiction to the game like FOMO for weeklies + chapters.
    I am sure that my playtime would be less half of what it is if I was not trying not to miss out on stuff
  • mesterKG
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Spending a more time on one BF game than others does not mean that the person is 100% having more fun. It can have a lot to do with DICE finding better ways to cause some form of addiction to the game like FOMO for weeklies + chapters.I am sure that my playtime would be less half of what it is if I was not trying not to miss out on stuff

True that. Still had fun though, addicted or not.
  • Hawkhill_no
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    mesterKG said:

Well I only have 820 hours in, and still play daily. I've been playing BF since 2002 (1942). It's like when you have a car, and there's a lot wrong with it. You can't fix it, and you shouldn't have to because its relatively new,  but it's the only car you've got... So when a new and better car comes along, and you can afford it - you will never get back to that brand again. I also hope I going to find it on Steam - so effin tired of being boxed in by EA in Origin. 
    Post edited by Hawkhill_no on
  • GrizzGolf
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont ever think it was that bad. Just some of the changes made people mad
  • Psychopatrix
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well i bought it after beta ... even "delux scam edition"
    the Gameplay i remember of the Beta was overall great. released version nerfed aa realy fast and made Planes op, keeping em op still up today.
    They changed Tanks, so light tanks with the Heavymg and aa does like 1 dmg to other tanks.... same patch increased hp of tanks real big.
    TTK changes just made the game even horribler, no one asked for it and to this day ..... all Weapons got weaker, except Snipers they where the same all the time and even recieved Bulletspeed buffs ( its not like in every bf game most poeple complain about those wo sit far away just playing alone)

Today we have Assault weapons wich need 2 Headshots to kill or more ... and LMG wich need more than 2 or more Headshots to be Deadly. with the last patch they revertet some of the crap but increased recoil .... wich goes against all classes except Snipers.

Matchmaking today is 19 of 20 Rounds 300-600 to 0 Balanced

Just watch the "Reveal Trailer" to get the ammount of lies they gave us, the skins in the "reaveal" Trailer comming almost over a jear after release and cost real money.

Dice has fallen
  • flatrock101
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:

i am sometimes really really asking myslef if we played the same game for the last 18 months.
    -the game launched in a rather poor state
    -the game had an even worse content drought then BF1 did which took i think 5-6 months for the first proper content, BFV as far as i am concerned did not deliverone new map until hat what 7 months in till the grecce themed maps came? i am not counting Panzerstorm
    -they fiddled not once not twice nor thrice with TTK but four times within 14 months, that is a complete overhaul of something no one in the community really asked for in that magnitute ever
    -the issues which get you in time-out in the forums
    -the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor net-code we had to deal with and still do to a degree
    - the absolute joke the Co-op turned out to be (they advertised a dynamic story driven experience with optional rewards if you take a risk in the end and not the same mission on 4 maps or whatever the mode has devolved into)
    -communication between the community and the devs, now i do not mean the CMs like i mean the studio at large giving out false statements or releassing the news with too little time notice if at all
    -the entire chapter 4 joke with an apology from the lead dev which was never acted upon to any satisfying note

i am not even going to mention the balance issues since this community can't even agree on the colour of the sky even if it needed to and balance in a multiplayer FPS is always subjective at best
    but by god the list above could still be bigger and longer. BFV in its current state now is an okay game and that is good but imagine you go fin for an operation in a hospital do you want to get an okay job done from an esteem surgon who is known to deliever in the end or are you going to accepts the bare minimum effort even though he put into it?

Yeah, I'm asking me the same thing.. I've had fun playing BFV all through those issues you list there.. never understood all the fuzz.
    TTK changes? I adapted and had fun. Poor Co-Op? not my cup of tea anyways, though I remember the fun I had with coop in.. was it badCompany2? Would I like more content, i.e. maps? For sure.. Cheaters? while damn annoying when I've encountered them, I just leave the server and try again. Firestorm was the worst in that regard for me with teaming solos.. Sad! net code? it will never be perfect and its same for everyone.
    Communication between devs and community could mos def be improved upon. I think the community got some blame here too, but EADice could do better for sure.
    Which makes me ask myself the question,

Why would i want to buy BF6 ?
    Same old situation, People on forums claiming this new game will be the best thing since sliced bread (Again)
    Turns out to be mouldy old dough (Again). 
  • Celsi_GER
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    Why getting upset about it. There are different kinds of customers. I see it in my automobile forum every day. They buy a brandnew USD 50000 Audi with a 10cm scratch on the lower part of the bumper. Some say "hey, why complain, the scratch is almost invisible and in 3 years I will have caused 5 additional scratches myself". I call them "the lambs" by myself. And then there are "the wolves" who will not accept the car this way and, when receiving their next car, will check it for scratches even more carefully.
    The cycle of life needs lambs as well as wolves.
    Post edited by Celsi_GER on
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    Celsi_GER said:
    Why getting upset about it. There are different kinds of customers. I see it in my automobile forum every day. They buy a brandnew USD 50000 Audi with a 10cm scratch on the lower part of the bumper. Some say "hey, why complain, the scratch is almost invisible and in 3 years I will have caused 5 additional scratches myself". I call them "the lambs" by myself. And then there are "the wolves" who will not accept the car this way and, when receiving their next car, will check it for scratches even more carefully.
    It is worse when the lambs are feeling good about themselves for giving a quarter to the poooor staaaarving companies while proclaiming the wolves to be entitled.
  • iamwiener
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

LOL
    You honestly see yourself as a wolf among lambs :D
    Your figurative fortune cookie posts make you look like a RL minor desperately trying to compensate. But they're always good for a laugh, mate.
    I agree with you, that none of us is "the BF prototype player". The game meets our expectations in different ways, because our expectations of the "perfect BF" are very complex.
    Just because some people are less satisfied with BF5 and therefore complain louder, doesn't make them speak for the whole community.
    Of course most of us can agree that teambalance and anti cheat could need some serious improvements. But most other complaints are rather personal and biased.
    Take BF5's content, for example. Many are very disappointed with an alleged lack of content. I would rather play the same 7-10 maps for 3 years than having new ones every 6 month. Same goes for weapon count. I wouldn't mind reducing the the number of guns in BF by 50%.
    But I accept that others prefer a visual more diversified game and would consider my "perfect BF" as rather boring rather than calling them "lambs" just because they see the game differently.

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Why getting upset about it. There are different kinds of customers. I see it in my automobile forum every day. They buy a brandnew USD 50000 Audi
    Wish I could get an Audi for usd 50000. Looking at a new A5. The price starts at 80.000 in Denmark and ends up at 100.000. Taxes are insane. Even if I import a 4 year old from Germany the Price will end around 55.000 usd. 
  • Celsi_GER
    edited September 16
    @iamwiener:
    Like all metaphors, it's not perfect.
    But my English also is not perfect, so in order not to insult anybody, I choose the metaphor which leaves room for interpretation.
    And for misinterpretation.

So I will try it again, without softener.
    I see myself as a self confident customer who will not buy a flawed product with specs differing from what was promised at the time of purchase.
    I am aware that I have no legal claim to get my money back, but I will openly complain, make other customers aware of the vendor's unethical business conduct and so maybe (BIG maybe) convince the vendor to not rip off people anymore.

What I will not do: ignore the many flaws and concentrate on the positive things just to make me feel better and not ripped off.

If one slaps me, I will slap back and not turn the other cheek (I hope this doesn't get lost in translation)

@SirBobdk
    Same for Austria and Swiss, poor fellows, especially if you like sportscars.
    Luckily, for German government it is a shot into the own leg to lay any additional tax on cars. The only thing we are good at is making cars, won't jeopardise that :wink:
  • iamwiener
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nothing lost in translation here. There was no room for wrong interpretation. Neither in German nor in English. Everyone willing to buy BF6 straight away is a victim (lamb). You now even indirectly call them wimps ("If one slaps me, I will slap back and not turn the other cheek").
    What you choose to ignore is, that ppl might consider buying BF6 because they are not disappointed from BF5 in the same way you or others are.
    Assumptions like these are easily made in online forums.
    I give you an example: "I am truly convinced that someone who defines his personality through an overpriced car is a victim of marketing and industry addressed to underprivileged weak minded."