Favourite weapon for you favourite situation?

S7ewie
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I haven’t played BF1 for a couple of years and I know there been some balancing and possibly even some new weapons since then.

Instead of asking what’s the “best” though, I know that weapons in BF1 are situation so what’s your favourite loadouts for your favourite situations?

When I left, I mostly played medic aggressively with the Fedorov but I found myself on a very open map the other day with nothing but scouts. I didn’t want to join them but I didn’t really have my other classes set up for longer ranged combat. So I curious how people play each class In different situations and maps and what their favourite weapons are.

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4433 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medic.  

Longer range maps......Sinai, Quentin scar etc Selby Marksman,  Howell sniper,  alternative - mondragon sniper
    mid range maps - first two above and Howell standard with aa sights 
    short range maps - 1907 trench/factory (never the sweeper), or federov trench

If you have never used the longer range guns above, always use them on 2.5 zoom and they are incredibly versatile....

I normally pair with any revolver, never the Peacekeeper as it is trash But I am beginning to like the taschenpistole.   
  • ElliotLH
    9596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 14
    Federov/AL8 Ext for CQC and Howell Sniper for more open maps. Haven't played much BF1 recently and only used, Medic when I did, so can't quite remember my other class loadouts right now.
  • PackersDK
    900 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    RSC Factory for open maps and the Sweeper for CQC maps (or rather sectors, in Operations). I also for some reason have a soft spot for the Mondragon Storm. I use it as an allround weapon, but I don’t necessarily think it’s the best one for that job, still I like it. 

The sidearms in BF1 are almost all fairly decent, but the Auto Revolver or Mark VI are the ones most often equipped on my medic classes. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4433 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    RSC Factory for open maps and the Sweeper for CQC maps (or rather sectors, in Operations). I also for some reason have a soft spot for the Mondragon Storm. I use it as an allround weapon, but I don’t necessarily think it’s the best one for that job, still I like it. 

The sidearms in BF1 are almost all fairly decent, but the Auto Revolver or Mark VI are the ones most often equipped on my medic classes. 

Yes. The RSC is an excellent all rounder, but a bit of a skill cannon that rewards regular use.
  • MarxistDictator
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 14
    RSC SMG or Chauchat is what I pull out when I need to get serious. Major points to the General Liu rifle as well. I started off using the RSC SMG to meme but after that May 2018 update it was in a very good spot with a better reload cancel and almost double the max damage range giving it a definite niche inside 20m where you can clobber other classes 1v1. Unlike similar Assault weapons it can reach out and kill someone at medium range, I love sniping machine gunners and hapless recon fools who think you’re an easy kill. M1912 Experimental is similar in my experimentation and easily better in closer ranges but the spread of fire and slow rounds hurt its ability to hit moving targets at range. The Chauchat is just brutal all around and needs no explanation if you’re familiar with its work. The General Liu was one of my favorite medic rifles even before it got bolt mode but with it it has ascended. You can wreak havoc on snipers and machine gunners (I really hate these kinds of players which is why I keep mentioning them) and it works as well as a Cei Riggoti on semi only with faster bullets and no fall off damage in terms of hits to kill. Plus it can clip reload on 1 round left which I really wish they would have patched onto other medic rifles because it’s so handy for staying topped off and in the fight. Peacekeeper is the only sidearm in the game btw.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    RSC SMG or Chauchat is what I pull out when I need to get serious. Major points to the General Liu rifle as well. I started off using the RSC SMG to meme but after that May 2018 update it was in a very good spot with a better reload cancel and almost double the max damage range giving it a definite niche inside 20m where you can clobber other classes 1v1. Unlike similar Assault weapons it can reach out and kill someone at medium range, I love sniping machine gunners and hapless recon fools who think you’re an easy kill. M1912 Experimental is similar in my experimentation and easily better in closer ranges but the spread of fire and slow rounds hurt its ability to hit moving targets at range. The Chauchat is just brutal all around and needs no explanation if you’re familiar with its work. The General Liu was one of my favorite medic rifles even before it got bolt mode but with it it has ascended. You can wreak havoc on snipers and machine gunners (I really hate these kinds of players which is why I keep mentioning them) and it works as well as a Cei Riggoti on semi only with faster bullets and no fall off damage in terms of hits to kill. Plus it can clip reload on 1 round left which I really wish they would have patched onto other medic rifles because it’s so handy for staying topped off and in the fight. Peacekeeper is the only sidearm in the game btw.

Peacekeeper is simply horrible next to an auto revolver. I unlocked it with a group if other players and none of us are still using it. It’s terrible recoils and reload wrecks it.

Never understood the attaction of the liu either, she you can use an RSC instead.
  • MarxistDictator
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Auto revolver has like 10ft of good damage before it falls off a cliff damage wise and it doesn't get one hit kills. I'm sure I'd be up somewhere silly around 5-6k headshots if they actually counted stats with this gun. Still not sure how recoil ruins guns that are built around hipfire but ok. RSC is good but does not benefit headshots which is a huge concern. I like the Autoloading 8 more than that now, if my aim is on I win every fight. 
  • S7ewie
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the responses. I’ll check out the RSC as I’ve seen it come up a lots and i don’t think I’ve ever used it.

Also just wanna point out this post is for all classes, not just medic :)

Do other classes suffer from scope glint too or is it just scouts?
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    S7ewie said:
    Thanks for the responses. I’ll check out the RSC as I’ve seen it come up a lots and i don’t think I’ve ever used it.

Also just wanna point out this post is for all classes, not just medic :)

Do other classes suffer from scope glint too or is it just scouts?
    Only Scouts have glint as far as I am aware. 

I cant help with other classes, other than  to say that I love the MP18 Trench as assault, paired with the Howdah.....
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Limpets......
  • wsupchris1222444
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Since I dont have premium I am limited to base weapons.

Medic: mondragon storm for most situations that are medium range with not a lot of people rushing me. Selbstlater optical for long range, mostly on maps like giants shadow, that thing sucks in close range. Close quarters I use the M1907 sweeper

Assault: Hellrigel for most things, kinda limited without premium. In close range, like suez when its not a lopsided battle I use the trench annhilator. For medium range skirmishes I use the ribeyrolles, mostly on Sinai desert.

Support: I used to use the MG15 storm exclusively but I'm trying the Madsen and benet mercie, the benet has great accuracy while the madsen fires faster but the madsen has a huge magazine in the effin way.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Medic: mondragon storm for most situations that are medium range with not a lot of people rushing me. Selbstlater optical for long range, mostly on maps like giants shadow, that thing sucks in close range. Close quarters I use the M1907 sweeper

Assault: Hellrigel for most things, kinda limited without premium. In close range, like suez when its not a lopsided battle I use the trench annhilator. For medium range skirmishes I use the ribeyrolles, mostly on Sinai desert.

Support: I used to use the MG15 storm exclusively but I'm trying the Madsen and benet mercie, the benet has great accuracy while the madsen fires faster but the madsen has a huge magazine in the effin way.

The Lewis is a canny middle ground as far as LMGs go. It has a larger mag than other mag fed LMGs at 47 but although less rounds than a belt fed, it doesn't over heat.
  • PackersDK
    900 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well if we’re talking other classes than Medic, I’d go for the MP18 as Assault, SMLE Carbine for Scout and for Support one of the best allround guns in the game, the BAR. Storm variant is my prefered, but the Trench isn’t bad either. 
  • the_yakuza17
    209 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mostly play as Support or Medic.

Close Quarters like Amiens, Argonne Forest or Fort De Vaux:

Medic: Autoloading 8 .25 Extended or Fedorov Avtomat Trench, M1911 sidearm, improvised grenade, syringe and medical crate
    Support: IMG 08/18 Low Weight or Parabellum MG14/17 Low Weight, Supply Crate, M1911 sidearm, improvised grenade, limpet charge

Open Maps like: Suez or Sinai Desert

Medic: General Liu Rifle Factory, Howell Automatic Sniper, or RSC 1917 Optical, M1911 sidearm, improvised grenade, syringe and medical crate
    Support: M1917 MG Telescopic, M1911 sidearm, improvised grenade or smoke grenade, mortar - AIR or HE

• MarxistDictator
    Trokey66 wrote: »

The Lewis is a canny middle ground as far as LMGs go. It has a larger mag than other mag fed LMGs at 47 but although less rounds than a belt fed, it doesn't over heat.

It overheats at 47 rounds, but this can only happen with the suppressive.
  • Trokey66
    Trokey66 wrote: »

It overheats at 47 rounds, but this can only happen with the suppressive.

The Low Weight doesn't........
  • MarxistDictator
    Yes I covered that already. It’s on the Suppressive. But the Lewis Gun still has an overheat, 47 rounds. Before it was buffed you did overheat on all variants since it was only 35 rounds.
  • Trokey66
    edited September 16
    Yes I covered that already. It’s on the Suppressive. But the Lewis Gun still has an overheat, 47 rounds. Before it was buffed you did overheat on all variants since it was only 35 rounds.

The Low Weight only has a mag capacity of 47 rounds and doesn't have an over heat.

Perhaps I should have been more specific in that first post but I'm not talking about the suppressive or what any version did or did not do pre any buff/nerf.

EDIT: You've got me thinking now curse you!
  • MarxistDictator
    Yes I fight incorrect information with pedantic information. The Lewis has an overheat, but after they made it less of a dumpster fire sometime after launch it only affected the suppressive.
  • 123loreni
    155 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    assault i play usually with M1907 bazooka and dynamite

medic i don't play often - Type 100 is fav gun default gadgets 

support i take KE7 with 1x zoom for close range or Bren with 3x zoom for long range, default gadgets - sticky grenade and kamikaze

Shotgun Model 37 for close range or MG42 for defense at breakthrough

sniper i don't play often mostly choose Model 8