Server problems?

Ronin9572
1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 14
Anyone having an issue where everyone is 0 level, can't pick medals, and enemies can shoot you thru multiple walls?
Edit: Plus getting 1 shot killed by any gun and unloading whole mags into ppl with no kills? I checked my internet connection and had no issues and didn't have any problems playing other games. I just shut it off because it was so frustrating! I'm on PS4 by the way
Post edited by Ronin9572 on

Comments

• PackersDK
    897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve had issues the last 14 days, at least. PS4 as well. 

In-game it is still decent, perhaps slightly more lag, but not much. The UI on the other hand has become so horribly laggy and slow, that I can’t even customize soldiers in it, it will not open the feature. Background is often just black. If I quit a game I might as well restart the console, because the loading time for the menu is endless, oddly enough not so if I get kicked for being idle. All the time it’s lagging 2-3 seconds behind my button commands. Sigh.

All in all, I don’t know if they “updated” something, but my UI has been aweful these past two weeks.
  • Ronin9572
    PackersDK wrote: »
    I’ve had issues the last 14 days, at least. PS4 as well. 

In-game it is still decent, perhaps slightly more lag, but not much. The UI on the other hand has become so horribly laggy and slow, that I can’t even customize soldiers in it, it will not open the feature. Background is often just black. If I quit a game I might as well restart the console, because the loading time for the menu is endless, oddly enough not so if I get kicked for being idle. All the time it’s lagging 2-3 seconds behind my button commands. Sigh.

All in all, I don’t know if they “updated” something, but my UI has been aweful these past two weeks.

Yeah the UI has been terrible the last few weeks. Plenty of black screens and such. I know the customization has been messed up for months now. Problem I have with in game stuff is I can't switch from my primary to my sidearm if I'm facing off against enemies, but they can switch back and forth instantly. I've always thought the Frommer was one of the fastest sidearms to switch to and I was quite good at it. Something must have been changed because it's either taking me 2-3 sec to change or I can't switch at all. I jumped on a EU server this morning and everyone's level was not at 0 and I could switch medals, but I'm still getting one shot killed by most weapons. I had no warning indicators but my ping was 150. And I'll the while ppl with 300-500 ping were supermen!
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4360 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That’s an interesting comment as I have also been having real issues with small arm switching and melee too over recent weeks.

I’ve found that switching fro a revolver to a pistol seems to fix it and vice versa. But the melee is more broken than ever.
  • Ronin9572
    That’s an interesting comment as I have also been having real issues with small arm switching and melee too over recent weeks.

I’ve found that switching fro a revolver to a pistol seems to fix it and vice versa. But the melee is more broken than ever.

Yeah it's really frustrating to say the least. Melee is fine for me it seems, but I hate when I miss. It seems I have to spin around twice before I can try and hit them again. Also I can rarely bayonet charge anymore(not that I did it alot). But ppl are cutting sharp 90 degree angles and doing no run charges from just a short distance. Could that be a M&K thing or a pro controller with back buttons so you can do multiple things at the same time?
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4360 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

Yeah it's really frustrating to say the least. Melee is fine for me it seems, but I hate when I miss. It seems I have to spin around twice before I can try and hit them again. Also I can rarely bayonet charge anymore(not that I did it alot). But ppl are cutting sharp 90 degree angles and doing no run charges from just a short distance. Could that be a M&K thing or a pro controller with back buttons so you can do multiple things at the same time?
    Cant be an M&K thing or I would be able to do it! ;-)
  • Ronin9572
    Lol, I thought you were an M&K user. Not that I mind
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Ronin9572 said:
    Lol, I thought you were an M&K user. Not that I mind
    Never made a secret of it.   No need to.   Shame there aren’t more around with your attitudes....
  • Ronin9572
    edited September 15
    I
    (Quote)
    Never made a secret of it.   No need to.   Shame there aren’t more around with your attitudes....

I remember from before, not that it was a secret. Least your honest about it! Hey ppl can play they way they like. I just don't like ppl using modded controllers
  • Ronin9572
    Same problem tonight. Played a few rounds everything was fine than everyone was 0 level and nothing was counting towards medals or stats
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    Same problem tonight. Played a few rounds everything was fine than everyone was 0 level and nothing was counting towards medals or stats

Weird. I had no issues at all yesterday. Game played well.
  • Ronin9572
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Weird. I had no issues at all yesterday. Game played well.

I logged off and back in. Jumped on a US East server and still the same. Than tried an EU server and it was fine. None of the stats had been saved for medals or overall.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No weapon swap or melee issue here on EU servers for me. General server performance is less than optimal though. Although not worse than expected.
  • Ronin9572
    No funky stuff tonight for me, the issues I've had the last few days never happened(yahoo). But damn it seems like it's taking longer to switch to a sidearm, if I can switch at all!
  • Sciolist
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Melee was broken for me until I switched back to a knife. Lots of high pings, have they shut down more servers somewhere?
  • bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Servers seem to be down at the moment. Server browser shows zero servers.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Same for me. Servers are all down.
  • bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Keep toggling the filters and the servers might pop up. It worked for me eventually and I found 7.
  • PegasusR7
    67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm having the exact same problem that the first 5 post are stating. Along with sitting here unable to log in to play BF1.(again this month)
  • Ronin9572
    PegasusR7 wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem that the first 5 post are stating. Along with sitting here unable to log in to play BF1.(again this month)

What platform are you on? Are you getting everyone at level 0 and can't change medals and nothing counting towards stats?