Let's ban heavy smokers.

A_al_K_pacino_A
1105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Smoke is great. Covering retreat, blocking line of sight over open ground is fantastic, even covering revives is all good.

What is a bit more idiotic is chucking it in your own face so you are blind.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's true and I agree.

My main motivation for making this thread was joining an in progress op underground game where we're struggling to even get underground and having people throw smoke in a doorway, back up and basically saying after you. You may as well played with your eyes closed.

The deploy smoke weekly task also wasn't needed. Along with the fortification one.
  • PSJackman4
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only use smoke when reviving teammates and escaping enemies as scout
  • xKusagamix
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's true and I agree.

My main motivation for making this thread was joining an in progress op underground game where we're struggling to even get underground and having people throw smoke in a doorway, back up and basically saying after you. You may as well played with your eyes closed.

The deploy smoke weekly task also wasn't needed. Along with the fortification one.
    But smoke does temporary disable spotting flare so...
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It also acts a great tool to annoy friendly hill humpers!
  • m1k3ol
    876 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    It also acts a great tool to annoy friendly hill humpers!

pretty much standard in fjell if friendlies are not pushing the objective, even with active smokers covering for the team to advance
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The major part of smoke on the battlefield comes from medics as it's almost impossible to revive anyone without deploying smoke screen.
    Smoke will stay as long as dumb and long revive animations stay.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.
    I never carry smoke as a medic (or in any other class) and I have no problems with reviewing.
    Of course I get killed sometimes during revive, but that is still better than blocking sight on the enemy for a major part of my team for many seconds.

Smoke is an overused plague that should be drastically reduced or be removed from the game at all.
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    The major part of smoke on the battlefield comes from medics as it's almost impossible to revive anyone without deploying smoke screen.

I never carry smoke as a medic (or in any other class) and I have no problems with reviewing.
    Of course I get killed sometimes during revive, but that is still better than blocking sight on the enemy for a major part of my team for many seconds.

Smoke is an overused plague that should be drastically reduced or be removed from the game at all.

Probably the only person ever that plays battlefield to not revive using smoke. Congrats
  • CSO7777
    1873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Probably the only person ever that plays battlefield to not revive using smoke. Congrats
    If Dice were brave ,they would make a final patch that reduced smoke (lower revive-time), reduced arty/rocket spam, give full health regen, full ammo on spawn (etc). This would make BF fell more like the older BF-games and hopefully change things enough to put some fun back in the game (it wouldn't require much work). Of course there would be people complaining, but they have done far worse things in this game. BFV could be a good game, but just misses the mark.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »

Big yikes. Well to be fair the ones I see that don't use them get rocked constantly anyway but it's highly encouraged to use. Personally smokes don't bug me in the slightest.
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If this is sarcasm because you do not believe me, look up my stats: Decent KDR as medic (1.65), 5821 revives, smoke rifle uses: 21 (which were initial tests before I decided that smoke annoys me).

All I want to says is: it's far from "almost impossible" to revive without smoke. And that it often is not only you who is "blinded" by your smoke for 30 sec, it's also your team.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    406 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Running through smoke removes spotting, which is needed when scouts and supports will spot you when they fire at you.

It's a tactical tool, which has saved my behind more times than I can count - especially when taking on a full squad alone.
  • tempo_rarity
    1377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For as long as there's been Smoke , I've always wanted some sort of anti-Smoke gadget to counter it .
    Is there even such a thing?
    Give us . . I dunno . . explosive water balloons or something   :p

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For as long as there's been Smoke , I've always wanted some sort of anti-Smoke gadget to counter it .

because medic needs even more to counter it doesn't it?
    i mean why don't we just delete the revive-mechanics all together if we keep making them more and more like a chore
  • ElliotLH
    9589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How about a tactical leaf-blower?
  • Carbonic
    1946 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    In Battlefield revive times got longer to counter the big issue that was "medic trains". 
    Revive times needed to be quite long so to increase the gameplay of medic by adding a meaningful gameplay choice - smoke was introduced.
    In short, you cannot remove smoke without nerfing the medic too much and you cannot make the revive shorter without reintroducing the issue of medic trains.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    In Battlefield revive times got longer to counter the big issue that was "medic trains". 
    Revive times needed to be quite long so to increase the gameplay of medic by adding a meaningful gameplay choice - smoke was introduced.
    In short, you cannot remove smoke without nerfing the medic too much and you cannot make the revive shorter without reintroducing the issue of medic trains.
    It's an extremely poor choice of dealing with something that wasn't an issue since BF3.
    If Dice really wanted to remove those pesky medic trains, it should not be possible to be revived the 2nd time.But instead we got this game overbloated with dumb and meaningless animations.
    Dice has lost any game sense long ago and all current mess will happen again in BF6 if they can't learn at all.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    It's an extremely poor choice of dealing with something that wasn't an issue since BF3.
    If Dice really wanted to remove those pesky medic trains, it should not be possible to be revived the 2nd time.But instead we got this game overbloated with dumb and meaningless animations.
    Dice has lost any game sense long ago and all current mess will happen again in BF6 if they can't learn at all.

BF1 actually had the system if you died within a certain timeframe after a revive you couldn't be revived again, now lets have that and maybe a version like BF4 with the defibs and we might stop "medic -trains" without making the class a chore to play for the average joe
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10

If this is sarcasm because you do not believe me, look up my stats: Decent KDR as medic (1.65), 5821 revives, smoke rifle uses: 21 (which were initial tests before I decided that smoke annoys me).

All I want to says is: it's far from "almost impossible" to revive without smoke. And that it often is not only you who is "blinded" by your smoke for 30 sec, it's also your team.

I mean i have a 5.2kd as medic on console so i know how to play medic lol ill never not use smoke to revive or conceal movement