why spot assist is so buggy!?

«1
saarb737
51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
im in a service asigment where i need to make 500 spot asissts.. each game takes about 25-40 mins, and i only get maybe 5-9 per game..
why is it so buggy and stupid! i need to press Q and then wait till someone shots the target, while that target may shot me..
not to mention how many times ive spotted a target, it got shot, and i got nothing, no spot assist!

why is is so frustrating!? anyone has a method to get it faster?

Comments

  • the_yakuza17
    209 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does using the spotting scope as a scout count towards the service assignment? Not the most glamorous or fun gadget but you can rack up lots of spotting assists on the right maps. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    saarb737 said:
    im in a service asigment where i need to make 500 spot asissts.. each game takes about 25-40 mins, and i only get maybe 5-9 per game..
    why is it so buggy and stupid! i need to press Q and then wait till someone shots the target, while that target may shot me..
    not to mention how many times ive spotted a target, it got shot, and i got nothing, no spot assist!

    why is is so frustrating!? anyone has a method to get it faster?
    If you are only getting 5-9, then your play style is way too passive.    Try moving around the map, rather than sniping from 200m behind your spawn.    
  • saarb737
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    saarb737 said:
    im in a service asigment where i need to make 500 spot asissts.. each game takes about 25-40 mins, and i only get maybe 5-9 per game..
    why is it so buggy and stupid! i need to press Q and then wait till someone shots the target, while that target may shot me..
    not to mention how many times ive spotted a target, it got shot, and i got nothing, no spot assist!

    why is is so frustrating!? anyone has a method to get it faster?
    If you are only getting 5-9, then your play style is way too passive.    Try moving around the map, rather than sniping from 200m behind your spawn.    
    the problem is if you move and spot more, you get killed, and then that spot dosent count.
    it looks like you also need to look at your spot untill someone shots it if you want it to count.
  • saarb737
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does using the spotting scope as a scout count towards the service assignment? Not the most glamorous or fun gadget but you can rack up lots of spotting assists on the right maps. 
    nope.. :(
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    saarb737 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    the problem is if you move and spot more, you get killed, and then that spot dosent count.
    it looks like you also need to look at your spot untill someone shots it if you want it to count.

    No. The person has to be spotted when they die. Simple as that.

    Many people run a perk to reduce spotting, but I would estimate that I get a minimum of at least 20-30 spot assists every game playing actively on flags and I suspect that I average more like 30-40 spot assists.

    When I see an enemy, the first thing I do is spot them, especially if they have not seen me first so it is easier for me to track them as I shoot them.

    I’m not exaggerating with the numbers. You need to put the sniper rifle down and get into the map.
  • saarb737
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    saarb737 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    the problem is if you move and spot more, you get killed, and then that spot dosent count.
    it looks like you also need to look at your spot untill someone shots it if you want it to count.

    No. The person has to be spotted when they die. Simple as that.

    Many people run a perk to reduce spotting, but I would estimate that I get a minimum of at least 20-30 spot assists every game playing actively on flags and I suspect that I average more like 30-40 spot assists.

    When I see an enemy, the first thing I do is spot them, especially if they have not seen me first so it is easier for me to track them as I shoot them.

    I’m not exaggerating with the numbers. You need to put the sniper rifle down and get into the map.
    but many times i press q, stay on the player\boat, he gets shot, explodes, and i get nothing
  • PackersDK
    900 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Out of curiosity after reading this thread, I tried getting spot assists in my latest game. Loaded into a complete stomp on Amiens, Operations mode. Got about 5 minuttes of play in the last sector, then we lost.

    I got 2 Ribbons of Knowledge in those 5 minuttes. That is 10-14 spot assists. 

    Either you’re doing something wrong, or spotting is broken on PC. I’m on PS4. 

    If you play CQ, try Operations. 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just spam Q constantly as you run around, no reason not to it's the most overpowered thing in the game. You'll do that challenge in no time, and at the same time get about twice as good at the game.
  • saarb737
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just spam Q constantly as you run around, no reason not to it's the most overpowered thing in the game. You'll do that challenge in no time, and at the same time get about twice as good at the game.
    ha? but if i q one person, and then i q another, isnt that switching them so the first one isnt spotted anyome?
    anyway, im playing now, and ive hit q many times on the same people, they got shot, and i got nothing! thats frustrating!!!!!
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    saarb737 said:
    Just spam Q constantly as you run around, no reason not to it's the most overpowered thing in the game. You'll do that challenge in no time, and at the same time get about twice as good at the game.
    ha? but if i q one person, and then i q another, isnt that switching them so the first one isnt spotted anyome?
    anyway, im playing now, and ive hit q many times on the same people, they got shot, and i got nothing! thats frustrating!!!!!
    No - they remain spotted until the spot times out, which is dependent on their perks. 
  • saarb737
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    saarb737 said:
    Just spam Q constantly as you run around, no reason not to it's the most overpowered thing in the game. You'll do that challenge in no time, and at the same time get about twice as good at the game.
    ha? but if i q one person, and then i q another, isnt that switching them so the first one isnt spotted anyome?
    anyway, im playing now, and ive hit q many times on the same people, they got shot, and i got nothing! thats frustrating!!!!!
    No - they remain spotted until the spot times out, which is dependent on their perks. 
    interesting! so you so i can spot even like 10 people in 1 life and i dont even need to see them as they get shot and ill still get the spot bonus?!
    for me- many many of the times they arent even being spotted.
    what a broken assigment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Trokey66
    9147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For this assignment (if it's the one I think it is) spiing scope is best, especially on more open maps such as Suez, Galica or Sinia for example.

    There is no need to be IN the action but for obvious reasons, you need to be able to see it.

    Spotting scope on a hot-spot should rack up the assists
  • Forkbeard84
    1852 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    For this assignment (if it's the one I think it is) spiing scope is best, especially on more open maps such as Suez, Galica or Sinia for example.

    There is no need to be IN the action but for obvious reasons, you need to be able to see it.

    Spotting scope on a hot-spot should rack up the assists

    Pretty sure the 3d spotting scope wont work for this assignment. I remember trying it and It gives you something like a “periscope spot assist” and it doesnt increment the assignment counter.

    As others have said, just spam the spot button all over the map and you’ll get those spot bonuses in no time.

  • TheNoobPolice
    1632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since the other thread got locked, I will just clarify that there is absolutely no cool down on q spotting whatsoever, whether by key press only or on successful spot activation. Just tested. So spam away.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since the other thread got locked, I will just clarify that there is absolutely no cool down on q spotting whatsoever, whether by key press only or on successful spot activation. Just tested. So spam away.

    I’m sure that is not true, at least I’m sure that is not true on PS4. What platform are you on?
  • Plucky6922
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have not played in 2 years, but there was a spot cooldown, it even was explained to the player about it if one had the in-game hints turned on and the cooldown was triggered.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since the other thread got locked, I will just clarify that there is absolutely no cool down on q spotting whatsoever, whether by key press only or on successful spot activation. Just tested. So spam away.

    I’m sure that is not true, at least I’m sure that is not true on PS4. What platform are you on?
    I think there is a cooldown but it's practically negligible... like 1-2 seconds or something IIRC.

    ---

    Regardless, it is nowhere near long enough to make any sort of difference so like NoobPolice said, "spam away"!
  • LordNezington
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not sure why anyone is debating that, anyone can go into an empty server with friends and spam q on them all constantly many times a second and there's never any cooldown.

    If there was a cooldown implemented at some point, it was either broken by a patch or removed.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Erm.  I still see cool down in game.   I play every day.   
  • LordNezington
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're probably just missing - the spot "hitbox" is smaller than in previous titles.
Sign In or Register to comment.