Youtubers of any community DO NOT represent the community itself

pilex200002
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
A lot of people might disagree with me, but in my perspective, youtubers really ruin the gaming communities, well, we all know how it went in GTA, as for battlefield, people like [Jackfrags,lvlcap,tbag,stodeh....]
They think that they are on top of the community and no matter what they say DICE listen to them instead of us. I mean they're only 0.05% of the community, for instance [lvlcap] always asked to add this, add that, remove this, nerf that, since BF3 only to fit his playstyle, regardless of what the majority of the community's opinion is.and this really sucks. All what they do is just showing exploits and glitches and making blind followers who agree with whatever they say. I don't know, but it's not fair for us and I'm not attacking any youtuber, but I'm criticizing. That's just my opinion. I'm really interested to hear yours

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 16
    Good thing they stopped making changes to the game over 2 years ago now. They should balance around the average player since that’s 90% of the community. Pointless nerfs to things that only a small minority of the community could use effectively like the M1912 Maschinepistole Storm really hurt the already limited variety in the game. Their nerfs should focus on things like the BF3 M16A3 which was always broken and still is and even a completely unaware scrub can dominate with it because it’s so much better than the competition.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    YouTuber has a viewerbase around the content they create but it doesn't equal to community itself of the games they play. Community is full of individuals with own perspectives and point of interest in common subject :)
  • pilex200002
    I really think that DICE should stop taking them seriously.
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 17
    I agree that YouTubers do not necessarily represent the community. But the likes and dislikes below their videos, they do.
    The videos serve as "questions" (biased by the opinion of the YouTuber, I have to admit), and the likes and dislikes are answers.
    E. g. 1000 dislikes about a certain issue are surely more helpful to Dice than 20 people in this forum having a discussion about the same issues.

Of courses official polls opened by Dice and asking us in critical matters would be ideal - but they won't do this for some reason. Such polls about the key issues would have been smart before starting to devop BF6 - they didn't do it, they again rely on indirect feedback and again a lot of people will be disappointed by the next BF. That's Dice, and it will never change
    Post edited by Celsi_GER on
  • CSO7777
    1875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think their influence on Dice is wildly overblown by the community. Many of them are often just "channeling" the community from reddit/twitter/forums etc.

Dice looks at gaming trends, stats and sales instead, they don't want their business to be influenced (too much) by some 'random' people on the internet (or the community for that matter).

JF has several times 'complained' about Dice doing things that the game-changers warned against, and the community reacted in the same way as the Youtubers when things went live.

One positive thing about the youtubers, are when Dice does really stupid things (big ttk-changes etc), they can help the community by putting pressure on Dice (by giving bad press).
  • PackersDK
    900 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CSO7777 said:
    I think their influence on Dice is wildly overblown by the community. Many of them are often just "channeling" the community from reddit/twitter/forums etc.

Dice looks at gaming trends, stats and sales instead, they don't want their business to be influenced (too much) by some 'random' people on the internet (or the community for that matter).

JF has several times 'complained' about Dice doing things that the game-changers warned against, and the community reacted in the same way as the Youtubers when things went live.

One positive thing about the youtubers, are when Dice does really stupid things (big ttk-changes etc), they can help the community by putting pressure on Dice (by giving bad press).

I couldn’t agree more. I wrote half a post trying to say the same thing, but gave up due to a bad hangover and its debilitating influence on my english skills :-D

Hundreds of devs and programmers in a multi billion dollar company doesn’t just hop and dance to the whims of a handfull of youtubers. 
  • wsupchris1222444
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought this was gonna be a thread about how noobs try to imitate their playstyle so they can get high kills, doesn't matter to them if they win or lose as long as the kd is high.

But yeah I agree with op, the way youtubers want the game balanced only reflects how they want their playstyle to be, not what's best for the vast majority. One good example of that was in bf4 when they made infrared and thermal scopes incapable of seeing through smoke
  • CSO7777
    1875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 17
    I thought this was gonna be a thread about how noobs try to imitate their playstyle so they can get high kills, doesn't matter to them if they win or lose as long as the kd is high.

But yeah I agree with op, the way youtubers want the game balanced only reflects how they want their playstyle to be, not what's best for the vast majority. One good example of that was in bf4 when they made infrared and thermal scopes incapable of seeing through smoke
    Actually personally I think that is the worst possible example...

Thermals in BF4 was totally overpowered when being able to see through smoke and they are still a balance issue to this day (making vehicles much stronger than needed).
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Youtubers and those so-called "game changers" have actually ruined BF1. But BFV has been ruined by Dice itself.
  • pilex200002
    edited October 17
    Youtubers and those so-called "game changers" have actually ruined BF1. But BFV has been ruined by Dice itself.
    Personally i really get pissed of when i see people like jackfrags leaking about the franchise and getting the latest news regarding updates, next bf game info.ex. ON PURPOSE by EA and DICE!

Instead of giving the community these informations and making them public, they give them to those clowns as if the entire BF fanbase watches them,just like BFV's marketing process.
  • pilex200002
    edited October 19

Well, me as a community *MEMBER* would recommend to REMOVE the thermal visions from vehicles, then we would solve the problem of [ vehicle campers, chopper pilots who got 70kills/0 deaths....] since day 1 and since BF3 was launched, but nooo YOUTUBERS have SPOKEN!.

[post edited to conform to forum standards]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • wsupchris1222444
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Thermals in BF4 was totally overpowered when being able to see through smoke and they are still a balance issue to this day (making vehicles much stronger than needed).

I used it as an example because I saw lvl crap and others complaining about it because they were getting shot through smoke on metro or something, cant remember quite what it was because it was a while ago.
  • pilex200002
    edited October 18
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)

I used it as an example because I saw lvl crap and others complaining about it because they were getting shot through smoke on metro or something, cant remember quite what it was because it was a while ago.

*METRO*
    Well WTF was he expecting its metro. Now here is another prove of my point, they want the game as they want it to be
  • IIPrest0nII
    2447 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hey,

I'm going to close this discussion as discussing individuals is not welcome on the forums as well as name calling. If you can't keep the discussion by following the forum rules, it will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.