Happy Birthday Battlefield 1!

PSJackman4
443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Today marks the 4th anniversary of the one, the only, Battlefield 1. It was released today, October 21st, four years ago. BF1 is probably one of the, if not, the best BF game ever made (angry BF4 and BF3 fanboy noises). What was your experience playing this god of a FPS for the first time?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The last fun BF game.
  • OskooI_007
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, I tried BFV but went back to BF1. Hoping BF6 is better.
  • Ronin9572
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Definitely my favorite FPS! I still play it on a regular basis. Sure the games not perfect, but so much fun to play. Too bad BFV was a dumpster fire! Wish it had just been a reskin of BF1 set in a real WW2 theme.
  • Plucky6922
    505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really enjoyed BF1 for the 2 years I played it...for the most part.
    Then BFV came out, and I have not played BF1 since then.
    BFV has the better gunplay, in my opinion, 
  • bigiain
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's definitely up there for me. There are a lot of negatives - the bombers, the gas, the cavalry, the elites, the pointless behemoths - but it tends to be things you adapt to or accept over time. Most of it at least makes some sense thematically.

The gun play is one of the best things about the game, but again, you really need to learn how every gun works and be willing to change your weapon or class depending on the situation during a game.

• GenCuster
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 22
    My grandmother’s brother lost his life in the Carso trenches...
    I’ve always felt involved and taken with Bf1....

For many, it’s just a game....
    for me definitely NO....
    I feel like I’m reliving the fears and actions of all the fighters in this great war.

• IM_A_BLIND_KID
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One of the best battlefields ever made...certainly my most played BF. But nothing can beat BF3. Let’s hope the devs give us a good BF next time around rather than the utter rubbish BFV was.
  • Cpt_Ironsoldier
    36 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, New Mod, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Moderator
    Many happy memories!  <3
  • ronybaloney
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's been 4 years of pure joy for me. I've never fell so in love with a game before. If I could marry it....I would.
    lol!  :p
  • PSJackman4
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's been 4 years of pure joy for me. I've never fell so in love with a game before. If I could marry it....I would.
    I would be like that guy on TLC that has all those wives. My wives would be

BF1
    Minecraft 
    Among Us
    COD [email protected]
    SWBF1

I will marry more if any come to mind  

• WetFishDB
    2376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

BF1
    Minecraft 
    Among Us
    COD [email protected]
    SWBF1

Upvote for SWBF1, assuming you mean the 2015 masterpiece.  Turning Point was just the best mode, but hidden OOS on the menu so never quite got the traffic it deserved.  Mostly infantry, objective play, large ish maps.  Just perfect.
  • PSJackman4
    WetFishDB said:

BF1
    Minecraft 
    Among Us
    COD [email protected]
    SWBF1

Upvote for SWBF1, assuming you mean the 2015 masterpiece.  Turning Point was just the best mode, but hidden OOS on the menu so never quite got the traffic it deserved.  Mostly infantry, objective play, large ish maps.  Just perfect.
    yeah, 2015 SWBF1 was my first fps I have ever played. Soooo many good memories with that game, I still go back and play it every now and then. That is really an underrated game. And yeah, even though it was only set in the original trilogy, it had a ton of content. 
  • dariarty
    200 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Respect for the Battlefront 2015 reference! Loved that game. My first online shooter then some fine folks from that community convinced me to try BF1 which became easily my favourite game of all time.

This is a game with the Arty truck, Muromet, sweet spot sniping and enough explosive spam to make Michael Bay blush. Yet somehow it's the most fun I've ever had in a game. 

The gun play has an incredible amount of depth, the visuals are simply stunning, the maps are varied and make you adopt different classes and weapons per section. And best of all the atmosphere they managed to capture, the feeling when that roar of soldiers goes up and the whistle blows, magnificent.

Happy birthday gorgeous