Fall Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• MadDogHelix
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So no fix for the Fliegerfaust still oneshotting fighters in one salvo? 
    @PartWelsh
  • PartWelsh
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    IFrike said:
    Will the option to upgrade to Definitive Edition be available with this update? I am still eagerly awaiting such an option and kind of bummed that I missed out on the big sale when the edition was first released! https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-v/battlefield-v-edition-rewards/

Yes we expect so. More on that as we deploy our Armory Updates (these are seperate to our client updates).

As we've shared before, we want for folks to have the option to upgrade to the Definitive Edition where possible.
  • Lluuu
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's deeply disappointing to see that the new community servers feature is hyped like a new revelation for weeks, but literally boils down to 2 file changes with very limited configuration capabilities - maplist and startup/config – allowing sessions only and thus denying communities the chance of being able to run their own community's dedicated server.

The very essence of keeping this game and the community around it alive, interested and engaged rises and falls with dedicated people who volunteer their time, put their extensive experience, creativity and intrinsic motivation to best use, who come together in communities, clans, groups, build them up and run them, set up leagues, friendly (cross-)clan matches or take the role of casters who give this game a new platform and a voice – ultimately to help a company sell their product and facilitate its survival.

In return it seems very little effort – if EA/DICE, for reasons that do not matter at this moment, are unwilling to release server files to allow server hosting with renowned GSPs – to at least allow their long-standing fans they supposedly care for and listen to to pay(!) for a server rental program similar to BF1 with dedicated servers. It’d only need 4 things – a dedicated server setup that can run 24/7 (even when admins aren’t on as that still works today because many admin teams take shifts of being available), the ability to truly administrate a server, the ability to truly customise a server’s settings and the ability to manage a temporary/permanent shareable banlist (to immediately deal with blatant cheaters, racists, massive trolls who ruin other people’s fun – all of whom empty out servers in record time and put people off the game). Every request is rather straight forward, it’s nothing new, it helps everyone massively and is in fact very little to ask if put in the bigger picture.

Everything else that comes with group engagement, predominantly to mention the ability to allow “lone wolves/randoms” to see the game from a very different perspective, engage beyond anonymous gaming, give them the community experience and with it bind players to this franchise long term is therefore taken away by default.

It’s a matter of both a company’s willingness to give a little and trusting the dedicated gamers with a few “admin/server tools”. Community leaders, (server) admins and members who have stuck up for and with EA/DICE for so long, who, despite the many unkept or broken promises are still willing to contribute and help not only to consolidate but also to do their best to grow the existing player base so that by the time BF6 comes out, this company has people, a fan base, communites it can count on.

Allow us to work together, to help, it goes both ways.

• Nixal1337
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can players see the server rules before they connect?

A class limit would have been nice to prevent those 25 sniper teams. Disabling a class completely seems a bit harsh.
  • Billythekick_FR1970
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Merci !! <3
  • MadDogHelix
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are there any plans to add the repeatable assignments (i.e: Hunter Assignment) back into the game? Why were they removed on first hand? @PartWelsh
  • AusbilderZacken
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 16
    PartWelsh said:
    natan534 said:

Unfortunately, EA Help is not willing to help.

Report them - I speak with our Anti Cheat and EA Help teams regularly. They receive your reports, and we absolutely monitor and action Cheaters without reports.

The teams are not unwilling to Help. Report Cheaters directly via our reporting services.

@PartWelsh

What Faddn said is 100% correct. There are multiple accounts of different cheaters, which are hardcore cheating and they don´t care at all to hide it somehow.
    RATATATATATAT HEADSHOT, through rocks, buildings, vehicles and stuff, from 300m away in 1sec...is that normal? NO! This is 100% obviously cheating.
    Some of them are playing for months already. And I can only speak for Firestorm.

If you are that sure, that reports are being investigated...why are none of the videos I attached to these reports ever watched at all? View counter is still on zero of these videos. I think there are people, that have no clue of this game at all. Did they even played it once? Or any shooter like this?
    Yes, I used the link you posted there!

I was begging over and over again to have a direct contact to EA, but all I get are standardized answer blocks via STRING C + STRING V. This is no customer service.  Either you got problems at EA or with the people that buy your stuff, because there is no effective way visible at all, how you CARE about a SERIOUS problem.

What do you think why so many people left Firestorm? DING DING, because of the cheaters! Simple calculation: The more players playing the game, the more revenues are made through ingame sales like skins and so on. Not even speaking about recommendations.

Please don't see that as a verbal attack or trying to humiliate you or anyone at EA. Just fair questions that need to be answered, finally.

I am not the best player in BF5 / Firestorm, not even by far. But you can trust me, that I know for sure, what I am talking about. Like Faddn I am a well known player on PC plattform in Firestorm. We play this game almost every day and there is always a bitter taste, running into cheaters.

So please, do this community a favour and ANSWER to this. You can also mail me directly, if you want.

Thanks for reading

AusbilderZacken

• blindsniper63
    2573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the update, looking forward to community games.
  • Jaskaman
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about a basc feature to move a player to other team? It was also mentioned earlier that it will be on the feature set, but I didn't see it mentioned, I hope it's there as well? 
  • yourex77
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 16

Can we please get AIRPLANE SELECTION in the practice range I'm sure plenty of other pilots would love this feature and it shouldn't be that hard to program. Thanks guys I like the new update
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • Hawxxeye
    7809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What about the team balancer? Is it still not ready?
  • doyoufeeltheLOVE
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    text
    100% Agree. In the evenings on EU PC, there are usually 1-5 blatant cheaters in perhaps 50% of the games you get into. Some evenings it might a full cheater squad in every game, some evenings we're lucky and only encounter a few ones and get a few clean games where we actually can enjoy the product we've bought.

And we are not talking about the soft cheaters, who knows how many there are of those? The one's we're talking about are the ones who use full auto weapons from a mountain 600 meters away and kill you within half a second. All you hear is "DINGDINGDINGDINGDING" and you're dead.

They also change nicknames more or less every day, some even several times per day.

First off all, something MORE needs to be done... As AusbilderZacken wrote these guys can play for months using the most hardcore cheats on the market! How can this not be captured by your "statbased" anti-cheat?!

Secondly, you should really make it possible to only change nick 1 per month or so.
  • Socksonatractor2
    Will the Firestorm Ranger set be available for the Germans?
  • SaltyKnees
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see anything about the American fighter-bombers render distance bug in here. On console atleast they de render about 300m out unless you're actively "zoomed in" and even then they disappear completely sometimes. Its quite frustrating these planes that can one pass any tank or a squad are literally invisible.
    There is, it's in the bug fixes list:

* Fixed an issue with airplanes added in the Summer Update to correct their draw distance, and ensure that they could be viewed consistently from the perspective of the other player.
  • MG_Jack_ONeill
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have you nerfed the AA and fligerfaust?
    @pertwelsh , important question here for all main pilots. The answer will even decide between a starting of the game tomorrow or a deinstall. At least for me. THX
  • sekce31
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So the persistent bug with medic (also reported for support) unable to fire (or basically do anything) from time to time (hair cross changes to a dot) was not fixed again.
  • Socksonatractor2
    edited November 16
    Quick question. If we're able to disable weapon archetypes, are we also able to disable certain weapons themselves? Like if I didn't want people using the Type 2A could I toggle that specific weapon off?

If I wanted to possibly set up a "Back to Basics," server, for instance. Could I disable specific weapons that don't match up with the current factions on the map? Like if it's a GR/US map, could I disable UK/JP weapons?
  • goztow
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 16
    Hawxxeye said:
    What about the team balancer? Is it still not ready?

Bugsh0t said:
    Will we ever get team balance?

Maybe just a simple button "change me to the other team" that appears when the other team has at least 2 less players? Maybe that's feasible?

I mean, I'm amazed by these bugfixes:
    Fixed the "Loose Part" hairstyle so that it is now available for German Female characters in Your Company.

Changed the Practice Range so that all weapons, gadgets, and grenades are now available. We’ve also ensured that the M1 Garand now has it's grenade launcher automatically available in this area.

but I thought maybe it's also possible to add a feature every FPS around, including 20 year old ones have :-).

• goztow
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Possible to get a balancer or a simple button "change me to the other team" that appears when the other team has at least 2 players?