Forgot how fun Operations was

StLunaticNick
127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am typically almost always a Conquest player but last week or so been playing operations. I forgot how fun and equally frustrating this game mode can be. I was playing last night and I know the enemy team had players raging. So the enemy team were annihilating us all through St.Quentin Scar. Absolutely crushed the team I was on. I'm thinking to myself, "well this operation will be over soon and it's just going to be that kind of night" get to Amiens and much of the same. However the enemy team had a tougher time taking the sector's but still managed to push us back all the way to the final sector with still two attacks left.

Then the tables turned. On the final sector my team decided to get their act together. Long story short we held them for the win. They got their two armored train behemoths and couldn't manage to capture the final sector giving the team I was on victory. Was alot of fun but I know players on the other team were raging after going clutch for pretty much the whole game until that final sector lol. I have been there and I know how frustrating it can be to have almost certain victory just to get spanked in the last sector. Even worse for the enemy team was, their Top 10 outscored our top 10 on the scoreboard. It was a good game. Made me remember how fun operations can be. It's not over until it's over.

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Always been my favorite mode in BF1!
  • TheGM86
    930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operations > Walkquest
  • StLunaticNick
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    Always been my favorite mode in BF1!

I used to hate it. Thought it was Camp City capital of the world. In a way it is but it's more forgivable if you're the defending team. It's never forgivable in Conquest. Both game modes are fun but operations is gradually turning to my fave.
  • Forkbeard84
    1892 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operations is a great mode.

Operations gives more linear play and your team works together more with everyone being focused on just one or two objectives.
  • SyfruitCamelia
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How do you force 32 players on one team to work together?

you force them down a smaller map area in a 3 lane highway chokepoint map design

Generally it's just explosive spammers and vehicle drivers at the top of the scoreboards