Sweaty servers (EU).

13»

Comments

• MrCamp121
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 19
    (Quote)

because there are just too many ppl playing BF same with COD, some ppl just want to lay back and play a few hours/week. so if they now start to have a good day/week they then get matched to simply better players, increasing the churn.plus how do you MM a pilot/vehicle main on a map that has no vehicles?

Exactly why. Your skill rating is no different than a pilot or vehicle players skill rating, thus it wont work
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

because there are just too many ppl playing BF same with COD, some ppl just want to lay back and play a few hours/week. so if they now start to have a good day/week they then get matched to simply better players, increasing the churn.plus how do you MM a pilot/vehicle main on a map that has no vehicles?

So keep it simple. The method i have suggested ONLY differs from the BF1 model in that it means clans don’t dominate. Clans are not the casual players you describe above.

And I am sure that the casuals would prefer to play more balanced games than being rolled all the time?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

So keep it simple. The method i have suggested ONLY differs from the BF1 model in that it means clans don’t dominate. Clans are not the casual players you describe above.

And I am sure that the casuals would prefer to play more balanced games than being rolled all the time?

teamplay does not mean they are not casual....
    i play in a clan and we are as casual as we come, have good players and have players that are just happy to talk and fool around how do you allow them to then keep playing together?

• MrCamp121
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 19
    (Quote)

Id love to just see players with a bit of "honor" and not stack an entire platoon on one side. The group i played with in BF1 had some very good players and some that couldnt shoot a barn door. But if there were enough of us wed split into both teams. It was more fun talking smack as a joke to each other killing one another than it is to stomp. Nothing funnier than getting dynamite-d and bagged by my own platoon lol This is what people dont understand about these platoons in BF5. Outside of AOD on pc, i never see platoons play split on both sides against each other.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Id love to just see players with a bit of "honor" and not stack an entire platoon on one side. The group i played with in BF1 had some very good players and some that couldnt shoot a barn door. But if there were enough of us wed split into both teams. It was more fun talking smack as a joke to each other killing one another than it is to stomp. This is what people dont understand about these platoons in BF5. Outside of AOD on pc, i never see platoons play split on both sides against each other.

Ok. And I agree with that. Decent platoons don’t team stack to the point of stomping over and over.. That’s just common sense.

But I still think DICE could help solo players by putting a RELATIVE penalty on the team with the clans - as I described above. It would instantly improve balance.

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    (Quote)

teamplay does not mean they are not casual....i play in a clan and we are as casual as we come, have good players and have players that are just happy to talk and fool around how do you allow them to then keep playing together?

You allow them to play together. But the other team gets more of the good players, due to the in party weighting. Simple, no?
  • MrCamp121
    (Quote)

teamplay does not mean they are not casual....i play in a clan and we are as casual as we come, have good players and have players that are just happy to talk and fool around how do you allow them to then keep playing together?

You allow them to play together. But the other team gets more of the good players, due to the in party weighting. Simple, no?

What about players using 3rd party software like discord on pc? No way for the game to pick up on that (to my knowledge anyway) as it isnt part of the "service"
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    (Quote)

What about players using 3rd party software like discord on pc? No way for the game to pick up on that (to my knowledge anyway) as it isnt part of the "service"

That’s a fair point about PC, but 80%+ of players do not play on PC, and better to make things better for the majority.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    452 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Id love to just see players with a bit of "honor" and not stack an entire platoon on one side. The group i played with in BF1 had some very good players and some that couldnt shoot a barn door. But if there were enough of us wed split into both teams. It was more fun talking smack as a joke to each other killing one another than it is to stomp. Nothing funnier than getting dynamite-d and bagged by my own platoon lol This is what people dont understand about these platoons in BF5. Outside of AOD on pc, i never see platoons play split on both sides against each other.

Yeah, that's how we did it on our server (UP) in BF1.

We'd split between the two sides or stack the losing side to balance rounds.

It's just so different in BFV as there's no REAL community servers to cultivate and no team switching on public servers unless you use the social options to join friends by choosing a random on the other side.

I do occasionally see couple of squads from the same clan playing on opposite sides on PC EU.
  • tempo_rarity
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    'I'm not going to Win' ; due to stacking ; is only a fifty percent truth - plus : an individuals efforts towards Winning always varies wildly depending on which half one receives .
    If the fun of one's efforts leading to kills in a 'normal' round is a bite of a chocolate bar , then the fun of a kill in a stacked round is the whole bar .
    The occurrence of a Stack and/or Stomp in a round is only slightly worse than having to deal with wickedly-skilled Fliers or Tankers in a round - their death a whole bar as well .
    The 8-seconds of Killcam 'stardom' in which one stays completely still actually employs the Enemy's partyline to send even more kills when one re-positions after the 'movie' .
    When War is Hell , you make hellonade . . . hopefully minus this apparently international sweat .
     :p 
  • MrCamp121
    (Quote)

Id love to just see players with a bit of "honor" and not stack an entire platoon on one side. The group i played with in BF1 had some very good players and some that couldnt shoot a barn door. But if there were enough of us wed split into both teams. It was more fun talking smack as a joke to each other killing one another than it is to stomp. This is what people dont understand about these platoons in BF5. Outside of AOD on pc, i never see platoons play split on both sides against each other.

Ok. And I agree with that. Decent platoons don’t team stack to the point of stomping over and over.. That’s just common sense.

But I still think DICE could help solo players by putting a RELATIVE penalty on the team with the clans - as I described above. It would instantly improve balance.

The famed catchup mechanic served this purpose in a way but was frowned upon for rewarding bad players and bad teams, and rightly so. Not really sure how they could solve it but the state this stuff is in in a lot of servers ive played on is BAD.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Yes. The catch-up mechanic was a joke though, because then it feels like an artificial device in game that frustrates the team that is strong.

Better to have two more evenly matched teams to start.
  • KPNuts74
    699 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The EU servers are so bad for this on Xbox I generally play on US East. Playing with a dozen clan mates on a pub server to pad your stats, make games end in boring (for both sides) spawn camps, kill servers and put off new players is as pathetic as it gets in my opinion.
  • Hawxxeye
    7809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 21
    My clan also tries to split in both teams  to keep the server alive if the other side is strugling but in BFV DICE really made it a lot harder to control which side you want to be.
    So much for the removal of the team swithc button balancing teams better. The worst offenders of teamstacking : clans and friends still stack together just fine
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • KPNuts74
    699 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    My clan also tries to split in both teams  to keep the server alive if the other side is strugling but in BFV DICE really made it a lot harder to control which side you want to be..So much for the removal of the team swithc button balancing teams better. The worst offenders of teamstacking : clans and friends still stack together just fine

The game really needs natural team balancing where the best squads are equally distributed at the start of each map
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    452 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the round seems unbalanced - I try to leave a squad just before the round ends, so that it's easier for the balancer to do its thing.

I do think it seems to work much better as it's naturally much more difficult to move around full squads than individual players.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the round seems unbalanced - I try to leave a squad just before the round ends, so that it's easier for the balancer to do its thing.

I do think it seems to work much better as it's naturally much more difficult to move around full squads than individual players.

well one way to balance  a bit better would be like
    -best squad/4th squad/ 5th-/
    -2nd squad/3rd squad/6th-/
    and then alternating, i mean its not perfect but would at least even out the skillgaps a bit

• CSO7777
    1922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

For me it seems the game doesn't move much between rounds and you are up against the same clan/tags round after round (get stomped over and over). I don't think there is much balancing being done between rounds.

The problem is that if Dice really did things to balance games, people would probably whine about it. The best balancing is on some BF4 RSP-servers with active admins, moving players during rounds, but it is very 'heavy-handed' and often includes moving some of the best players from the winning team to the loosing team. Also a lot of BF4 RSP uses 'scrambling' between rounds which just randomizes all the players between teams (and squads gets broken up).
  • Hawxxeye
    7809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

For me it seems the game doesn't move much between rounds and you are up against the same clan/tags round after round (get stomped over and over). I don't think there is much balancing being done between rounds.

The problem is that if Dice really did things to balance games, people would probably whine about it. The best balancing is on some BF4 RSP-servers with active admins, moving players during rounds, but it is very 'heavy-handed' and often includes moving some of the best players from the winning team to the loosing team. Also a lot of BF4 RSP uses 'scrambling' between rounds which just randomizes all the players between teams (and squads gets broken up).
    I loved that scrambler in the BF4 RSP