This game dead ?

2

Comments

  • Forkbeard84
    1981 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    If this game is dead it is because most of the people playing on it's servers do so like they are brain dead.  Sometimes it seems like the community is trying to kill this series themselves from within.  It is almost impossible to join a server where the games don't always suck.  Where one team mostly seems clueless about how to play the game mode.  That is if they are even trying to.  The server browser in Battlefield 1 sometimes doesn't show any results no matter what it is set to.  At least this is he case for me on PS4 at times.  

    What region and platform are you trying to play in?
  • rrFuchs
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might depend on your region, but I never have any problems finding several full servers any time of the day. Set the filter to show no free slots, that should help.
  • HugoPlayNow
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am on US East Coast and don't see active servers on BF1 anymore. (XB1)

    I have read the suggestions here and will try resetting anything I can....Pretty lame if servers are being hidden...what's the point of that?
  • Forkbeard84
    1981 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am on US East Coast and don't see active servers on BF1 anymore. (XB1)

    I have read the suggestions here and will try resetting anything I can....Pretty lame if servers are being hidden...what's the point of that?
    Not sure about XB1.  Any XB1 players that can report on available servers?
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What region and platform are you trying to play in?
    I play on both XBox and Playstation 4 in USA East (where I get the lowest PING) and West servers.  Usually very late at night because I work second shift. 

  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The server browser on console is terrible. Should have had these settings in default and made it easier to find rented servers. **** poor design imho.
  • JudasCaesar
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im on PC NA and this is 7PM thanksgiving day 2020.
    https://i.imgur.com/dkyGRym.jpg


  • Forkbeard84
    1981 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:
    The server browser on console is terrible. Should have had these settings in default and made it easier to find rented servers. **** poor design imho.
    Its such a terrible programming job.  I mean just make the server browser default to show any game (custom or whatever) that has enough players to run.  Just show every game and then let the user filter from there.

    Instead it shows only official games I guess?  And even then to really see a full game you have to know the secret of setting slots to none.  And to see any type of custom game you need to know the name of the game or what exactly the custom settings are or you wont find it.  So we cant have any variety.

    Someday, the terrible BF1 server browser will kill the community entirely.  
  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    Its such a terrible programming job.  I mean just make the server browser default to show any game (custom or whatever) that has enough players to run.  Just show every game and then let the user filter from there.

    Instead it shows only official games I guess?  And even then to really see a full game you have to know the secret of setting slots to none.  And to see any type of custom game you need to know the name of the game or what exactly the custom settings are or you wont find it.  So we cant have any variety.

    Someday, the terrible BF1 server browser will kill the community entirely.  

    Exactly! Why is it that PC has more options as far as server browser than console?
  • JudasCaesar
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ronin9572 said:

    Exactly! Why is it that PC has more options as far as server browser than console?
    not to sound like a PCMR elitist but PC has always been more about choices and options; consoles are more plug in, turn on, and just play; no configuration required.  
  • HugoPlayNow
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is the option to "Set Slots to None" available on XB1?  Dang I miss playing BF1....I just never got tired of it.

    BFV wears me out after 3 matches....just awful maps and weapon placements.

    I really hate how they can park tanks outside boundaries, and you can't get to them...so they can just sit there the whole game and spray ammo.

    Ever walk up to a stationary machine gun and it's on the edge of the map pointed at nothing???  What was the point?!?!
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4743 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:
    (Quote)
    Its such a terrible programming job.  I mean just make the server browser default to show any game (custom or whatever) that has enough players to run.  Just show every game and then let the user filter from there.

    Instead it shows only official games I guess?  And even then to really see a full game you have to know the secret of setting slots to none.  And to see any type of custom game you need to know the name of the game or what exactly the custom settings are or you wont find it.  So we cant have any variety.

    Someday, the terrible BF1 server browser will kill the community entirely.  

    Exactly! Why is it that PC has more options as far as server browser than console?
    Given the lack of searchable parameters and functionality - it really shouldn't be that hard. It's actually disgracefully bad. 

  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    not to sound like a PCMR elitist but PC has always been more about choices and options; consoles are more plug in, turn on, and just play; no configuration required.  

    No your fine, not sounding like a PCMR at all. It just don't make any sense to me why we can't just easily find private servers easier.
  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    Given the lack of searchable parameters and functionality - it really shouldn't be that hard. It's actually disgracefully bad. 

    It really is! What bugs me is there are alot of cool servers out there, and all I find is the same ones over and over. Just a pain when you join one and it's 1 or 2 platoons and your just ignored and shredded wheat!
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4743 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:
    (Quote)
    Given the lack of searchable parameters and functionality - it really shouldn't be that hard. It's actually disgracefully bad. 

    It really is! What bugs me is there are alot of cool servers out there, and all I find is the same ones over and over. Just a pain when you join one and it's 1 or 2 platoons and your just ignored and shredded wheat!
    I'll try to be sensitive about how I put this, but it's tricky.

    The UI of BF games has been on the slide for some time, and in BFV we have reached a new nadir. The issue that we are discussing here is simply getting the 'billy basics' correct. And yet despite this, and many complaints about it, not only was it not improved in BFV, but BFV's UI managed to break about another 1000 things. Anyone fancy a game joining mates? Good luck!

    And yet we see very public displays of rejoice that some of the team involved are actually getting promoted for releasing products that are iteratively getting worse and worse.

    I'm sure that there are individuals within the team that are talented and deserving of career progression. We in these forums don't get to see the inputs and outputs, but if I was in leadership at DICE, I'd be slightly embarrassed that its been made public that members of the team are getting promoted after the poor product that customers got. 

    It might be a good look to prospective employees and those within, but it sticks in the craw of customers. 
  • DC_E63
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like there's always more servers in Europe than in the USA.  I don't understand why.  I'm on PS4.  
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4743 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DC_E63 said:
    It seems like there's always more servers in Europe than in the USA.  I don't understand why.  I'm on PS4.  
    There are more people in Europe than America? Could that be the answer? 

    You're welcome ;-)
  • DC_E63
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    DC_E63 said:
    It seems like there's always more servers in Europe than in the USA.  I don't understand why.  I'm on PS4.  
    There are more people in Europe than America? Could that be the answer? 

    You're welcome ;-)
    HA HA HA, yeah I know.  It's just strange seeing more servers over there when it's past midnight in their time zones.  I don't usually play on the Euro servers because I get high latency. 
    Post edited by DC_E63 on
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4743 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DC_E63 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    HA HA HA, yeah I know.  It's just strange seeing more servers over there when it's past midnight in their time zones.  I don't usually play on the Euro servers because I get low ping. 

    He he. I’m just kidding with you.


    The Euro servers remain strong because they also get a lot of Middle East traffic now too.

    I find it particularly odd how many Arab players are in servers late Euro time. Between. 3 and 8 am in the region.

    Must be a lot of gamers there that play before breakfast and work.
  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DC_E63 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    HA HA HA, yeah I know.  It's just strange seeing more servers over there when it's past midnight in their time zones.  I don't usually play on the Euro servers because I get low ping. 

    Are you East Coast or West? East can play EU and SA. But I'll jet and try another region if my ping is too high.
Sign In or Register to comment.