Still longing for the M1911 Package from home skin

PaperPlane33
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
This is a follow-up thread, linking back to BridgeportRX7 post from October in regard to the M1911 Package from home skin. Like many others, I'm a huge fan of the M1911 and the BF1 implementation of that gun is indeed very good! Thus, it saddens me that I cannot buy any of the very good looking skins for the said weapon, there is simply no way. I really hope that we very soon could see an exchange week for M1911 skins where you could get the Package from home skin for example. 
Any one else still longing for that skin? 
Cheers!

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I always get this confused with the "Care package". I have both of these on all 3 of my accounts. I do prefer to use the Package from home as my skin for the 1911.
  • PaperPlane33
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ohh, man! Wanna share? No, the Care Package skin is also nice, but it isn't really my style. I'd love to have the Package from home, or even the other legendary M1911 'The man stopper'. Really cool, but I cant seem to get my hands on any of them unfortunatly. 
  • Ronin9572
    Ohh, man! Wanna share? No, the Care Package skin is also nice, but it isn't really my style. I'd love to have the Package from home, or even the other legendary M1911 'The man stopper'. Really cool, but I cant seem to get my hands on any of them unfortunatly. 

If I could I would. Yeah the Manstopper is cool, Flanders field as well, and I also like the Poodkefaker, and the Incarcerator.
  • PaperPlane33
    Ronin9572 Yee, I feel like they did a great job with the skins in this game. It's unfortunate that the system to unlock them is a bit wack. Like there are maybe 120 legendary skins I recon, but you can get the same skin twice and so it takes very long to actually get the skins you really want. You seem to have all of them, what's the trick? Just play very very much or what can be done?
  • Ronin9572
    Ronin9572 Yee, I feel like they did a great job with the skins in this game. It's unfortunate that the system to unlock them is a bit wack. Like there are maybe 120 legendary skins I recon, but you can get the same skin twice and so it takes very long to actually get the skins you really want. You seem to have all of them, what's the trick? Just play very very much or what can be done?

There's no trick, just been playing a long time. Have like 1800hrs across 3 accounts. The only weapon I don't have on any account is the Arditi dagger. Plus there's the Hellfire variant of the shotgun, 1911, Red Barons P08, and Lawrence of Arabia's SMLE. Plus the pre order BFV variants. As far as skins I just keep plucking away. Best way to get a lot of scraps is play Operations Campaign. After awhile you'll get all those available skins than you can at least get 330 minimum and use that on the exchange or buy battle packs. I made a huge mistake on my main account and sold off all the white ones or ones I didn't want, kick myself on the butt for that. I was lucky to be playing when the Road to BFV was going and got all those skins, don't care much for any,of those since there either white or gold.
  • Forkbeard84
    1986 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin probably does have almost all the skins.  He's been playing the game for years and levels up multiple accounts.  :-)

Well darn I think you missed the opportunity but it will come back.  All the 1911 skins (I think all of them anyways) were in the exchange about two months ago.   They'll come back to the exchange again sometime.   I bought the Care Package super rare skin then for 10,0000 scraps.  The package from home is a distinguished skin so there is a decent chance you'll get it in a battlepack before it comes up on the exchange again.  

I'm actually trying to collect every skin.  I have about 95% of them now and I've stopped buying battlepacks to get them now because I calculated my odds are better saving up my scraps and waiting for my missing skins to come up for purchase in the exchange.

The best way to get battlepacks is to play in the weekly ops rotation and get Operations battlepacks.  You can get a lot of scraps from those packs and then use them to buy regular packs and start rolling the dice over and over and over till your skin eventually pops up.    Good Luck!

• Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    Ronin probably does have almost all the skins.  He's been playing the game for years and levels up multiple accounts.  :-)

Well darn I think you missed the opportunity but it will come back.  All the 1911 skins (I think all of them anyways) were in the exchange about two months ago.   They'll come back to the exchange again sometime.   I bought the Care Package super rare skin then for 10,0000 scraps.  The package from home is a distinguished skin so there is a decent chance you'll get it in a battlepack before it comes up on the exchange again.  

I'm actually trying to collect every skin.  I have about 95% of them now and I've stopped buying battlepacks to get them now because I calculated my odds are better saving up my scraps and waiting for my missing skins to come up for purchase in the exchange.

The best way to get battlepacks is to play in the weekly ops rotation and get Operations battlepacks.  You can get a lot of scraps from those packs and then use them to buy regular packs and start rolling the dice over and over and over till your skin eventually pops up.    Good Luck!

Lol, too funny. My main has maybe about 2/3rds of the skins and my secondary accounts have a little more than half. I'm a firm believer in the exchange, but I think there a little over priced tbh. We just all need to wait till EA messes up again giving free BP's again for just a few rounds of playing!
  • Forkbeard84
    1986 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:
    (Quote)

Lol, too funny. My main has maybe about 2/3rds of the skins and my secondary accounts have a little more than half. I'm a firm believer in the exchange, but I think there a little over priced tbh. We just all need to wait till EA messes up again giving free BP's again for just a few rounds of playing!
    It is too expensive, especially 10,000 scraps for a super rare.  I don't think I've ever gotten a super rare skin from a battlepack and I have opened a lot of packs.  The super rare skins I do have either came from the road to BF5 event or from buying in the exchange.

Everytime the endgame results screen doesn't show and it just shows a spinning circle I hope its the multiple battlepack bug coming back, but so far no.
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    It is too expensive, especially 10,000 scraps for a super rare.  I don't think I've ever gotten a super rare skin from a battlepack and I have opened a lot of packs.  The super rare skins I do have either came from the road to BF5 event or from buying in the exchange.

Everytime the endgame results screen doesn't show and it just shows a spinning circle I hope its the multiple battlepack bug coming back, but so far no.

Yeah 10k scraps is WAY to expensive. Think I've only bought one once and said never again.
  • PaperPlane33
    Yes, it's hard to catch that one week in 3 years where they have the m1911 exchange since I only play the game sporadically nowadays. Get a feeling for bf1, and play it a lot for 2-3 weeks, but can't really cathch the big fish. Thanks for the imput, just wish there were a way to get notified when the 1911 week happens ahah...
  • Ronin9572
    Yes, it's hard to catch that one week in 3 years where they have the m1911 exchange since I only play the game sporadically nowadays. Get a feeling for bf1, and play it a lot for 2-3 weeks, but can't really cathch the big fish. Thanks for the imput, just wish there were a way to get notified when the 1911 week happens ahah...

Hey wish you all the luck. I know it can be frustrating. Happy holidays!
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Man Stopper is a really good skin. I highly suggest you get it.
  • PaperPlane33
    Ronin9572 said:
     Happy holidays!

And you!
  • PaperPlane33
    I wish ill get it, but the chances are slim to none if I don't catch a m1911 exchange week :/
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish ill get it, but the chances are slim to none if I don't catch a m1911 exchange week :/
    yeah there was one about a month ago, got to keep ur eyes peeled for them!
  • RossP317
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm down to a dozen or so skins to get. Mostly vehicles so have around 70,000 scraps ready from the last battlepack bonus bonanza.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who is sad enough to impatiently wait to see what's in the exchange each Monday!

I've service star-ed every primary, secondary and 2 more melee weapons to service star. Working on all the gadgets now - currently the repair tool and syringe.

Yes, I need to get out more.....