UPDATED: Community Broadcast - New EOR Matchmaking

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So essentially anyone really good is going to get moved to different servers constantly. This is next level over engineered 
  • wildbam
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    for us it worked fine - we just had 2 squads running but the other squad was being placed into the opposite team and another time on a different server so we had to unite again..
    The rounds were more balanced and no more steam rolling that often (only one or two maps)

@TheNoobPolice I hope custom servers will benefit from this because there you wont have this issues of getting switched around. So more ppl hopefully pick a custom server they like.

@PartWelsh I would like to see if you could address to the dev team they should have a look at the "defender" and "attacker" switching. we were like 15 out of 20 times defending. We 'd like to attack more than defend xD but equally defending and attacking would be nice also ;) after the 6th round of defending we switched servers a couple of times until we had been placed into an attacking team..

///;edit;/// would be also great if ppl with same clan tag wont get moved away.. but this balance is definitely better then having steam rolling teams after a while.. (good ppl mostly leave a bad team.. so steam rolling was very common) This balance results in more intense fights. At least what I saw so far.
  • soupy48
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    This is not a good idea. Very disruptive.
    I do not like the fact that it was dropped on the players with no notice.
    I thought the server was getting ready to crash.
  • Fire708x
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me this is another big “FU and your friends” from EA/Dice.  Community Games implementation has made it clear you don’t give a damn about the community and don’t care if we play with people who are our friends. EA keeps catering to the console individual line player. To those who whine about balance anytime a game is more then 10 tickets difference.
    Games are more fun with friends. Games are a lot more fun without cheaters. 
    You do nothing perceivable about cheating and spend resources breaking up groups who play together.
    it’s almost like you don’t want us having fun playing Battlefield.
  • VeccZyy
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This worries me in so many ways. Team balancing / switching shouldn't have to be this complicated DICE....
  • Plucky6922
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of times I join a game, not for that map, for for the upcoming map(s), getting into a Attack/Defend rotation with said maps.
    I hate defending on certain maps, hate attacking on certain maps, so I try to get into a rotation with the attack/defend rotation I like.
    To sit through a game defending, thinking you are you going to attack next game, but have to defend again....is not fun for me.
  • spychodelics
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    .... if the server is healthy ...

oh my gosh, i bet this will work as good as the inplace anti-cheat detection! 
  • maskedocelot
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped playing in march because the shuffle never made it into the update and I uninstalled after the last update because the shuffle didn't make it in. So for me the game and all battlefield games should have 1 though I probably won't bother trying to see this 1 now.

I'm glad it wasn't a mid round 1 as they're really disjointing and would normally make me quit the server but I can see how being moved to a different server could also be annoying especially if it's a new server with hardly any players yet, that would probably also make me leave and restart matchmaking for a game that's populated.

Breakthrough does also seem like a weird testing ground as going attacker then defender etc is the nicest way to play that mode and if the sides were a stomp then people would shuffle the server anyway by leaving. Conquest really needed something though as playing the same people over and over with the same people is really boring. The map rotation doesn't matter much to me, if you wanted to play the same map repeatedly that's what community games are for.

The battlefield 1 end of round shuffle that just switched squads within the same server is preferable.
  • danileov
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    i see your ideas, but in experience its really sad for me and my squad, when we want to play for example aerodrom, al marj and underground and we are waiting for this and suddenly afrer aerodrom are kick from server to another Game such an iwo jima. So we have to go back to the list menu and wait again to al marj, but when we finally get connect, its the end of the map and then it kicks us off again...
    Maybe i dont see the benefit here yet, but i hope it wont be a permanent change Because now i dont even want to play
  • danileov
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i understand your ideas, but in experience its really sad for me and my squad, when we want to play for example aerodrom, al marj and underground and we are waiting for this and suddenly afrer aerodrom are kick from server to another Game such an iwo jima. So we have to go back to the list menu and wait again to al marj, but when we finally get connect, its the end of the map and then it kicks us off again...
    Maybe i dont see the benefit here yet, but i hope it wont be a permanent change Because now i dont even want to play
  • just_an_smurf
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    good luck on the next game KEKW.. this is the sign that the next one wont be better and i smeel SBMM around the corner just sayin hello
  • wildbam
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can understand you all if u want to play certain maps in a row and suddenly you gonna kicked out to a different server.. that sux. but tbh. we had the same rotations for ages now. a little bit of random is nice here imho.
    Not with defending all the time or attacking all the time. This has to be fixed so we defend and attack in the next round. Same with clan squads. They should not get split up!

@PartWelsh Custom servers should be started if already 2 players are on. 1v1 until the server fills up.but now. I often open a server and nobody joins.. 'cause there are some populated custom servers and the people rather queue for the populated ones instead of filling the others.

• Blackidus
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well on one side i´m happy that you guys finaly do something about balance, but thowing players to other servers and breaking upp platoons is not good.
    Allways keep the players in the servers but scramble the teams, move some of the better squads over to the other team, simple as that. 
  • bkS_SpaS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't

It was only a matter of time until something like this was going to happen.
    One reason why i stopped playing BF after thousands of hours (aside the mess that was BFV), was the rigging of rules in BFV (cap times, spawns etc.).

Systems like described above, SBMM and such, will ultimately be the demise of fps-games imho. They only cater the kind of people who buy the game, play it for couple of months and move along..and somehow i have the feeling, that these system are at place to make sure these types of players will have a great experience and will buy the next title. This happens on the expense of everyone else.

These system will take away the main reason why I (and many more) play online shooters; a sense of accomplishment. It was the greatest feeling, when after getting stomped on for hours and hours, to finally notice you can compete. The feeling of improvement. What's the point anymore? Why would you try to gitgud if only thing that will follow is the rigged systems punishing you for it. Why improve, because no matter how bad you are, the game will throw people at you who are as bad? What is the reason for having in-game metrics anymore because they are based on ever changing set of rules?

And no, I'm not asking for ability to stomp on new players all the time and I understand the protection of newest of new players (still against it though)..hell i even want to get stomped on occasionally to get a reminder how good some people are. Rigging the rules constantly just isn't the way to do so. Before mentioned working team balancers and switching sides are one way better working options (just as an example). Maybe letting new players play against each others for few hours protected could be the other one.

You cannot honestly believe that this everlasting holding both hands is the way to keep people playing? Especially when the "enthusiasts" are the ones who get to pay for it. The ones that are along for the two months before moving to next title will leave anyways..and you're left with incredibly dissapointed long time fans. Well done.

Imo these fake systems are incredibly short-sighted and will eventually kill peoples interest in fps-games. Sadly Battlefield is pretty much one miss away from being done and this is definitely not a hit.

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so if this gets implemented will a good squad be forced to play out of region? because it just said it will put squads in different lobbys/servers...
    so is there a not so small chance of me getting put on servers other then Europe? will this mean eventually there will be servers with all the high-skill players and then the others? how will this system work for ppl exclusively using vehicles thus scoring way above the average then get into a lobby with fewer/no vehicles?
    i am very reserved/sceptical about this implementation, why not implement an actual scrambler within that lobby?
  • KPNuts74
    785 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why not switch squads to different teams? I pick my map to start on so I have my faves ahead
  • AmosBurton_GER
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    We need a team balancer on Conquest, not a server balancer on Breakthrough.
    Sometimes I really wonder if Dice is located on the same planet with me...

It's like telling my problems to Geordi LaForge (forum staff, no issues here) and then Forrest Gump is trying to solve them.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some balancing between rounds was needed so that is good but switching servers, as happened to my random squad, will just cause players to quit.

What is needed is even numbers when the countdown hits zero and some squad shuffling between rounds to even them up. I guess this is sort of the plan but the moving servers is unnecessary.