Trench Cleaners Rush

Forkbeard84
1978 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2020
Go to your BF1 home screen and the first option is Trench Cleaners Rush,  Select "List Servers",  sort by ping or by players, and come play this amazing mode!  

I don't know how much longer it will be in the rotation? A few days?  Plenty of servers going on East Coast and Eu Ps4.   US West has got a full server right now.  It comes and goes on US West.

So much fun,  you just don't get any primary weapon, so its pistols, melee, grenades and gadgets.  That goes for everyone!

I've service stared the Welsh Blade, Hatchet, Naval Cutlass, and have got some serious kills on the 1903 and m1911 pistols.  The silent 1911 is really sweet.  I like the Tachenpistol too but it takes so long to reload it.

Something about the Totoika which I'm working on now.  It whaps them good.

Come play Trench Cleaners Rush .   So glad to see the BF1 community still strongly playing this great game. four years later!  :-)

P.S.  I think we'd all  wonder what you think of this mode when you play it?   Let us know.  

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had a look an hour ago and nobody was playing. Hopefully later as a few unlocks will be easier in this mode.
  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah it's a cool mode and great for service stars on melee and sidearm. Still need that elite 1911 codex so that's what I'm using.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Half a round and I think this might be server dependant. Good hit reg will be fun without it not so.
  • Ronin9572
    Half a round and I think this might be server dependant. Good hit reg will be fun without it not so.

Your spot on with the hit reg, for sure!
  • Forkbeard84
    edited November 2020
    Ronin9572 said:
    Yeah it's a cool mode and great for service stars on melee and sidearm. Still need that elite 1911 codex so that's what I'm using.
    That game on Neville nights we were in last night was real tough.  The other team was spotting and using artillery strikes really well.  Its so hard to play when you're team is getting dominated with artillery strikes like that.

If teams would only focus on just doing spotting when you are in defense while another teammate calls in the artillery strikes, I think it makes that team very hard to beat.  (Especially on open space maps like that one.)  Most of the teams I've seen don't do much spotting in this mode though.
  • Ronin9572
    Yeah, and there was 2 platoons on the other side. It's tough to deal with that during modes with only 24ppl total. I had one today that I just sat on the station the whole time calling artillery strikes, got more kills that way than shooting ppl. The next round was rough and half the team sat on the edge of the map or in the bunkers on Argonne Forrest. I didn't stay long to say the least.
  • Forkbeard84
    Ronin9572 said:
    Yeah, and there was 2 platoons on the other side. It's tough to deal with that during modes with only 24ppl total. I had one today that I just sat on the station the whole time calling artillery strikes, got more kills that way than shooting ppl. The next round was rough and half the team sat on the edge of the map or in the bunkers on Argonne Forrest. I didn't stay long to say the least.
    The team makes so much difference in this game. I think this mode you have to PTFO to really contribute, maybe more so even than the other modes.  Sitting on the outskirts is pretty much useless for your team unless maybe you are spotting a bunch and someone is doing artillery strikes.

Another thing I see is a lack of strategy.  For example, one team will go after A over and over again even though its heavily defended and they can flank to B and nobody will be there.  Can't tell you how many times I've seen a big crowd at one objective and took off to flank the other objective and found it sitting there undefended.  
  • Ronin9572
    edited November 2020
    (Quote)
    The team makes so much difference in this game. I think this mode you have to PTFO to really contribute, maybe more so even than the other modes.  Sitting on the outskirts is pretty much useless for your team unless maybe you are spotting a bunch and someone is doing artillery strikes.

Another thing I see is a lack of strategy.  For example, one team will go after A over and over again even though its heavily defended and they can flank to B and nobody will be there.  Can't tell you how many times I've seen a big crowd at one objective and took off to flank the other objective and found it sitting there undefended.  

Sitting on the edge map in this mode is pointless! There's such bullet drop from the sidearms and you have limited ammo. There are several maps for this mode that are very tough either attacking or defending. But your right you've really got to work together as a squad/team( I know I fall prey to this on occasion). Didn't help last night that I had a few drinks and smoked a few times...
  • Lastel_of_Pejite
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have good games with Obrez and Frommer Stop, those guns are really good at this gamemode but thing make me rage is when the Obrez only deal 90 or worse 99 dmg in close range.
    Ps: Good sidearms for this gamemode
    - Fast RoF: Modello 1915, Mle 1903, M1903 Pocket Hammerless, Frommer Stop.
    - Revolver: No.3 Revolver, Revolver Mk VI, Auto Revolver, Gasser M1870, Bodeo 1898, Bull Dog Revolver.
    - Mars Automatic.
    - Absolute badass but punish you harshly if you miss shot or RNG: Obrez Pistol.
  • ElliotLH
    9764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    AW2k2 wrote: »
    - Revolver: No.3 Revolver, Revolver Mk VI, Auto Revolver, Gasser M1870, Bodeo 1898, Bull Dog Revolver.
    - Mars Automatic.

Liberator or nothing!

/jk for obvious reasons 🤣

*Edit: Was apparently thinking of BFV when I posted originally and should have said kolibri rather than liberator. Yes, I am an idiot.
    Post edited by ElliotLH on
  • Forkbeard84
    I've had a lot of fun grabbing the Horse in Ballroom in this mode.  You can do really well if you play it right.  With everyone playing melee and pistols the horse is near op.  You still gotta watch out for those pesky AT rockets though,    
  • Ronin9572
    I've had a lot of fun grabbing the Horse in Ballroom in this mode.  You can do really well if you play it right.  With everyone playing melee and pistols the horse is near op.  You still gotta watch out for those pesky AT rockets though,    

I'll have to try that. On some of the maps the stationary weapons are nuts! I've watched ppl rack up 50+ kills in just a short time.
  • Forkbeard84
    I will try jumping on a stationary.  You could get one at a bit of distance to do spotting and machine gun fire and canon blasts.  Have you been playing them? Whats the tricks?

• Forkbeard84
    edited November 2020
    For the horseplay, never stop moving for very long because an at rocket might peg you.  Then just melee all those itty bitty pistol guys. If defending or attacking, you can run a circuit to an objective, out and back to objective, repeat, but just change the path often so no one can trap you.  Trample and  lance or  sword all the people you see.  Drop ammo and health constantly.   Auto heal, melee, run run run, trample, melee, trample etc.  All this while those little pistol guys plink away at your auto-healing self, lol. 

Oh and throw all your random regenerating lAT grenades.     You of course always throw two grenades so you can regenerate two more.  I find the grenades more useful for distracting an enemy player from shooting at me or in denying an area to him.    So you can get an assault with a rocket launcher up off the ground for instance or throw grenades to get someone out of a hole so you can horse them.    :-)
  • ElliotLH
    9764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

I'll have to try that. On some of the maps the stationary weapons are nuts! I've watched ppl rack up 50+ kills in just a short time.

If you've not tried it yet it's also great fun to drive the light tank in to the ballroom and corridors too. Last time I did it with the Flanker it was a massacre.

Not specific to this mode obviously, just more fun in general.
  • Forkbeard84
    AW2k2 said:
    I have good games with Obrez and Frommer Stop, those guns are really good at this gamemode but thing make me rage is when the Obrez only deal 90 or worse 99 dmg in close range.
    - Mars Automatic.
    I've been working on the 1911silenced, 1903 and the tachenpistole.  All ones that I find easier to use for whatever reason.  You can fire them and reload them quick.  I used the Obrez and yes its got so much damage but 1 bullet and a long reload.  You better land your first shot, and if you do, you're sometimes golden.

For the 1911, everything about it is quick, the fire rate, low recoil, super fast reload.

I think it was the Nagant that is another one with terrible reload.
  • Ronin9572
    ElliotLH wrote: »

If you've not tried it yet it's also great fun to drive the light tank in to the ballroom and corridors too. Last time I did it with the Flanker it was a massacre.

I had 2 PSN friends who would grab the FT tank and have a ball in the corridors. I've never tried it, not much of a vehicle guy.
  • Ronin9572
    edited November 2020
    I will try jumping on a stationary.  You could get one at a bit of distance to do spotting and machine gun fire and canon blasts.  Have you been playing them? Whats the tricks?

Used a few times as long as you get the ones that can't be flanked the only thing you really have to avoid is someone with a AT rocket. I'm constantly spotting with it even if I can't shoot them. Just try your best not to overheat the gun as you'll be hanging out to dry!
  • ElliotLH

I had 2 PSN friends who would grab the FT tank and have a ball in the corridors. I've never tried it, not much of a vehicle guy.

Oh now that sounds really fun! Makes sense if you've not tried it yourself, if you're not big in to vehicles. I'm sure you'll have fun with the horses though.
  • Forkbeard84
    ElliotLH said:

Oh now that sounds really fun! Makes sense if you've not tried it yourself, if you're not big in to vehicles. I'm sure you'll have fun with the horses though.
    The light flanker sounds great in the ballroom hallways and in the courtyard.  Its not in this mode but still I need to give that one I shot.  I've spent much more time in the heavy tank, assault truck and landship. When I did try the light flanker I didnt like the lack of spawn points nad I had a hard time attacking in it.  I've had some runs with it though, need to give it more of a chance.  I can see it working better inside the buildings if you can keep the sneaky assault and support types at bay.