Why does no one use the Madsen MG?

papahiroshima
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Its such a good gun, fast rpm for an lmg, and really accurate (storm). Its like an upgraded version of the bar, with better accuracy over distances. Some people say its because of the magazine, but I've never had an issue with it.

Comments

• CSO7777
    2090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are 2 very different weapons. The BAR is way better than the Madsen in CQC. And the "feel" when using the BAR is more fun.

But the Madsen is an ok gun, I personally find the mag annoying but have still used it a fair bit. At mid-range is pretty good.
  • the_yakuza17
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Once you get used the top magazine, it's a solid gun. The ease of aiming is one its biggest assets in my opinion. I like it better than the BAR because of the larger magazine for encountering multiple enemies but its rate of fire is a bit slower. When I'm having a rough gaming session, I'll often go back to it to get my mojo back.  
  • Ronin9572
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I prefer the Madsen over the BAR in CQC. But like others have said the mag can be a pain.
  • JudasCaesar
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    as far as the mag getting in the way of your vision when you ADS, switch it from iron sights to AA sights, and it will zoom out the weapon so it will take up less space on the screen.  
  • TheNoobPolice
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's too heavily biased towards ease of use, at the expense of effective DPS.

It has a large mag for this game, which would usually make it viable as a multi-engagament weapon, but since the negative spread model means that beyond extreme CQB you will always need to spend at least 7-8 rounds to down someone at mid-range you will still only have a max of 3 kills in a mag even with perfect aim. For CQB, it is too punished by the LMG's sluggish aim down sight time and is totally not viable as a reactive weapon. The trench is usually the best variant of any LMG now because of this.

For most people who continue to play this game, who have already learned how to manage reloads, learned the maps and cover spots with which to do so, or shot pacing with other weapons or classes, it just doesn't really offer anything, and isn't fun to use or iconic in any way that someone might tolerate it using it otherwise.

The magazine is irritating, but not the reason it isn't used. It was much more viable at the games launch, but is an example of a gun that came out really suffering post TTK 2.0
  • TheGM86
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Madsen Trench is really fun. try that one out.
  • Swam1_Bam1
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its such a good gun, fast rpm for an lmg, and really accurate (storm). Its like an upgraded version of the bar, with better accuracy over distances. Some people say its because of the magazine, but I've never had an issue with it.

That's the one thing I remember about it, not enough bullets
    I think it relates to each personal style, and then some guns suit, some don't.
    I found it the worst gun I have tried