The new consoles can't even save this game

BtheReaper49
426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Game looks nicer on XBox Series X but still runs like absolute hot garbage. Instadeath everywhere and my god, can you please nerf the M1 Garand?!!. It's OP at every range. Worst BF ever made...hands down

Comments

• losthunter340
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game looks nicer on XBox Series X but still runs like absolute hot garbage. Instadeath everywhere and my god, can you please nerf the M1 Garand?!!. It's OP at every range. Worst BF ever made...hands down

So this is the worst BF ever made becuse its not running good on consoles? Thats some logic right there mate!
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Instadeaths have nothing to do with the device you're using...
    It's not their fault that you have unreasonable expectations.
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So this is the worst BF ever made becuse its not running good on consoles? Thats some logic right there mate!
    I should have expanded my thoughts on this one.  It's not the worst BF because it doesn't run well on new consoles.  It's the worst BF because it suffers from a multitude of issues that have been discussed ad nauseum.  Visibility, weapon & range balance, map design, dying around corners, etc., etc.  That was just a final thought I had regarding this sh$#show of a game.
    I thought that maybe the game was suffering on the older consoles because of their hardware limitations and that newer consoles might help smooth some issues out.  Nope.  No amount of hardware can save this game.  It will always be a trainwreck.

• BtheReaper49

My only expectations are that the game plays well and is fairly balanced.  This game does neither of these.  So that is their fault.
  • DaMutha1
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You lost me at Garand OP at all ranges
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They've never had such intention, my dude.
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My only expectations are that the game plays well and is fairly balanced.  This game does neither of these.  So that is their fault.

Cool and I pointed out that the reason for it not playing well (by your definition) has nothing to do with the device your playing on. So why are you disappointed about the new consoles not fixing issues that have nothing to do with the console?

The point is that you are complaining about the wrong things.
  • BtheReaper49

Cool and I pointed out that the reason for it not playing well (by your definition) has nothing to do with the device your playing on. So why are you disappointed about the new consoles not fixing issues that have nothing to do with the console?

The point is that you are complaining about the wrong things.
    I hear you and do understand your points.  I didn't fully expect that new consoles would miraculously turn the game around.  I thought MAYBE the new hardware would help smooth out some of the issues that may have been related to playing on older hardware and give a better experience.  I already knew the game was a mess.  I thought maybe it would be a little less of a mess with new hardware.  But no, it shows that nothing can help this abomination
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You think the M1 Garand is OP. Lost all credibility.
  • BtheReaper49

Oh it's OP alright. It's a god gun. And that's what I've been seeing the last few days especially. Everyone running around with that thing. And yes, it's awesome at all ranges.
  • emerson1975
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s the exact same game on the newer consoles so not sure what you expect?
    It looks no better than the one x version
  • Noodlesocks
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh it's OP alright. It's a god gun. And that's what I've been seeing the last few days especially. Everyone running around with that thing. And yes, it's awesome at all ranges.

It's mid tier.
  • BtheReaper49
    It’s the exact same game on the newer consoles so not sure what you expect?
    It looks no better than the one x version

Just thought it might help smooth out the game more on better hardware. Didn't expect miracles. But no it didn't help.
    Tell you what though...BF1 seems to play better on the new console. Maybe it's a mind trick though...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14679 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I disagree,  I find other SLR's far more viable than the garande.

Turner SMLE and the MAS 44 seems to do better for me.
  • IISytex
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3

maybe

Post edited by IISytex on
  • The_BERG_366
    I hear you and do understand your points.  I didn't fully expect that new consoles would miraculously turn the game around.  I thought MAYBE the new hardware would help smooth out some of the issues that may have been related to playing on older hardware and give a better experience.  I already knew the game was a mess.  I thought maybe it would be a little less of a mess with new hardware.  But no, it shows that nothing can help this abomination

" I thought MAYBE the new hardware would help smooth out some of the issues that may have been related to playing on older hardware and give a better experience."
    You didn't go into great detail about what constitutes for the game not "running like garbage". You just mentioned Instadeaths which, as I said, have nothing to do with the old gens outdated hardware. I do think that the new hardware impact the game performance in the way that is expected. If you expected more you had unreasonable expectations...
  • creepNpeep
    782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That’s a joke, right?
    It’s 2021, not 1988.
    Games should have a certain standard by now and we have very right to expect a fully working, polished game on release, let alone years after release.
    BF had been a joke since BF4.
    BF1 was a good game. Looked stunning and played well. But flawed by idiotic design choices made by dice.

BFV was straight up crap from day 1.
    No saving it.

Expectations are now at all time low for bf games in my opinion.
    I certainly won’t be buy a PS5 expecting the game to be transformed.
    It’s crap, so no next gen console will save it, agreed.

What people should do is to stop buying these games until they are fit for purpose.
    It’s the only way to force game makers to stop taking the **** out of us.
  • The_BERG_366
    creepNpeep wrote: »

That’s a joke, right?
    It’s 2021, not 1988.
    Games should have a certain standard by now and we have very right to expect a fully working, polished game on release, let alone years after release.
    BF1 was a good game. Looked stunning and played well. But flawed by idiotic design choices made by dice.

No saving it.

What people should do is to stop buying these games until they are fit for purpose.

Not sure why you tell me this.
    Its unreasonable to expect a new console to fix issues that have nothing to do with the outdated hardware of old gen. That's all I was saying...
  • Hawxxeye
    7963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That’s a joke, right?
    It’s 2021, not 1988.

No saving it.

According to TheRa1der, things started going south from BF3 in some ways.
    Becoming mainstream seems to be what makes a game dev company to change priorities.