Battlefield 6 ideas

Comments

• trip1ex
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    it's almost surely a modern era game.  IT's the more popular and they haven't released one going on 8 years.   Apologies to the Hardline spinoff.

IT surely will revealed by May based on past reveals.

And in the investor conference they mentioned something about a bigger scale so I expect more players & some bigger maps based on that.  

IT would be rather sad if they made the game also work on the Xbox One and PS4 because that means the design isn't taking full advantage of newer tech.  I don't care much for better graphics tho.  I want the increase in horsepower to go towards making the game more interesting and a better UX.
  • Forkbeard84
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    armorcrazy wrote: »
    Lets all look at the facts for a second, there is a theme concept that is official (linked below) and everything will be next generation from this we can almost completely disprove the rumor of every detail of BF6. We can assume fairly certainly that levelution will exist based off of footage, it will probably be released on PC, Xbox X/S, and PS5, run on the Frostbite 4 engine, and there is a lot of work going in to character apperance possibly hinting at a campagin that could be very detailed. I have found all of this after countless hours of research and most likely most other things are rumors

Well not a big fan of that techno synthesized sounding music. Its a very computer generated sound with no warmth to it.
  • gamblerrambler93
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I would like Battlefield 6 to have the theme of the Cold War, set in the 50s and 80s. And to include maps and stories about :
    -The Korean War (1950-1953)
    -Algerian War (1954-1962)
    -The Vietnam War  (1955-1975)
    -Bay of Pigs Invasion (1961)
    -Yom Kippur War (1973)
    -Ethiopian Civil War (1974-1991)
    -Angolan Civil War (1975–1991)
    -Soviet invasion of Afghanistan from 1979-1989
    -Multinational Intervention in Lebanon (1982–1984)
    -The Iraq-Iran war of 1980-1988
    -Invasion of Panama (1989–1990)
    -Gulf War (1990–1991)
  • CSO7777
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    trip1ex said:
    it's almost surely a modern era game.  IT's the more popular and they haven't released one going on 8 years.   Apologies to the Hardline spinoff.

IT surely will revealed by May based on past reveals.

And in the investor conference they mentioned something about a bigger scale so I expect more players & some bigger maps based on that.  

IT would be rather sad if they made the game also work on the Xbox One and PS4 because that means the design isn't taking full advantage of newer tech.  I don't care much for better graphics tho.  I want the increase in horsepower to go towards making the game more interesting and a better UX.
    EA/Dice have said that BF6 will be a next-gen console game. Which probably means that it will not get a port for XBox One and PS4.

We can only hope for this, having to develop a game that runs on both old and new consoles will either make Dice waste a lot of time or make the game of lower quality, than what would be possible when only targeting PC/next-gen consoles.

They can hopefully learn from the Cyberpunk "disaster" for PS4/XBox One...
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd think about like, a more interesting implementation of armour. Maybe you start out with balanced armour and you progress to armours made for different tasks. Armour always covers the chest, and different weapons have different armour penetration. I dunno, just some thoughts.
    EX:
    Standard Issue Armour:
    The basic body armour issued to infantry.
    Reinforced Armour:
    Strengthened armour for extra durability.
    +Durability
    Anti Sniper Armour:
    Armour issued to counter sniper troops.
    +Protection
    -Effective Durability
    Fragsuit Inserts:
    Special body armour for anti vehicle troopers and EOD.
    ++Explosive Protection
    -Movespeed
    What if armor plates would be supplied by one of the classes, lets say assault since that class has lacked "team support" function? So if everyone can supply their broken plates from the box and manual place them meaning no automatic armor regeneration just like health regeneration should be manual in my opinion. Well-thoughtout pros and cons could come with more advantageous armor so that standard issue has the "advantage" of being most neutral choice. Just my 2 cents :)
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Class signature weapon system:

• Each class is issued with standard loadout primary weapons which can be selected all the time whenever you want.
    • When you accumulate class performance score during the match you will get access to signature weapon of said class for one life use until you accumulate enough points.
    • As an example Recon standard issue could be DMRs and carbines and once you get enough points you gain access to sniper rifles. Support standard issue could be LMGs and signature weapons GPMGs. Engineer standard issue could be PDWs and signature one shotguns. Assault standard issue ARs and signature weapons battle rifles.
  • armorcrazy
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    armorcrazy wrote: »
    Lets all look at the facts for a second, there is a theme concept that is official (linked below) and everything will be next generation from this we can almost completely disprove the rumor of every detail of BF6. We can assume fairly certainly that levelution will exist based off of footage, it will probably be released on PC, Xbox X/S, and PS5, run on the Frostbite 4 engine, and there is a lot of work going in to character apperance possibly hinting at a campagin that could be very detailed. I have found all of this after countless hours of research and most likely most other things are rumors

Well not a big fan of that techno synthesized sounding music. Its a very computer generated sound with no warmth to it.

I did notice that about it I’m not a huge fan either but then again this is just concept so maybe it won’t be like that

• Shy_pipo_ape
    Black spec-ops camouflage similar to Battlefield 3 as a part of character customisation.
  • Darthkrusty
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1 Thing they absolutely better get right is anti-cheat or this long term bf player from 1942 days will never buy another bf game
  • TRNJ_4
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want an option to let the character carrying the rifle with left hand instead of right hand which the screen looks to me inverted

I wish they respond to this issue
  • DaizerNation
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I wish BF6 would have is a more balance classes just like BF1.. assault had pushing weapons that can eliminate enemies quicker and push corners, Medic had mid-range or some close range weapons that can defend / attack and gave a great ability to heal teammates.. support had some mid range and long range weapons and actually made a difference in the game, and not just for ammo.... and the sniper.. that sweet sweet scout class with some pretty nice flair guns that are actually effective and you felt the satisfaction of every kill... sorry for the long reply. I don't care about graphics or making the game so powerful it can destroy a 10 story building.. I just want to pick up my controller, login and have some real fun.. weather it was a sweaty lobby or not! I still to this day enjoy every hour of the 1500+ hours I spent on BF1
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    Capturable home bases and no out of boundary safe areas should return for hardcore mode of next Battlefield.
  • DavidXlongshot
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just hope that they will actually understand the strengths of what made Battlefield 4 still loved to this day, it launched badly but it became one of the most exciting and best content filled Battlefield games in my opinion. People still play it to this day, I think more so than BFV.
    If I had to take anything from Battlefield V, I did like the fluid movement. Climbing and vaulting, albeit too fluid. Maybe give it a lot more weight for the gritty feel.
    I am very worried about how they will handle content for BF6. They're definitely never going back to Game Passes and want to stay in the times of Battle Passes and getting content that way and having free updates and gun unlocks/gun skin unlocks. If they were smart, they would take the approach CoD handles its microtransaction system like the bundle system. However, I hope it doesn't become too whacky, seeing someone in a Noir Costume with red tracer rounds or what they did in that BFV reveal. It works for CoD because its more Arcade than BF, but I feel we'll see that or at least Special Operators. I don't want this at all but it's coming, just hope there is a balance.
    And please let us still unlock gun skins and weapons that we can unlock without paying for them.

I am hoping the maps are at least inspired with good design intentions. Again, take the strengths of BF3 and BF4 and learn from the weaknesses of those games. Maybe even look at BFV, some well-designed maps but the openness was a bit much maybe?

I really hope that they find the perfect TTK and can actually stick with it if needed to change a bit. Slight tweaks and not drastic overhaul changes that nobody wanted.

In terms of modes, I hope Operations make a return in Battlefield 6 with the idea of 1's epicness but with a modern twist. Now we have modern technology to assist both sides, it could make even more exciting conflicts with the 128 players (64v64) on a large scale map. If it works as intended, beautiful chaos.

Another thing that seems to be plaguing CoD is the sound, I've played Multiplayer a lot and I can say that sometimes the footsteps aren't where they should be. Seemingly from behind when they're in front. BF games were never perfect, I don't think BF6 can avoid this, but the sound has always played a massive part in BF and hope they take the time to try and make it work better. I agree with others, the soundtracks really need to move away from the techno of 3 and 4. It'd work in 2142 for sure, because of the future. But more orchestra.

Here's hoping they don't screw BF6 up.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For the next bf please, N spotting passive system, NO suprees spot, NO taping sniper spotting, its for kid no skill feature, the ping is the best way to spot the position ennemie thks a lot, and nerf the thermal for bf6 loool
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    and also for the squad different color for every mate in squad, or juste the squad leader in a different color thks
  • BASSMEANT_RAW
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    planes in bf5 were great?

ignore everything this guy says
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    C4 or similar detonator triggered saboteur charges could be thrown quite a far away like in Bad Company 2 for more practically user friendly use.
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    New way of handling non-class related equipment: Lethal and tactical equipment slots. For lethals your usual grenades and in tactical slot things like rebreathers for underwater diving, grappling hook, zipline, abseiling rope, night vision goggles, gasmask, health pouch/combat ration etc.
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    edited February 26
    Bad idea removed.
    Post edited by Shy_pipo_ape on
  • CSO7777
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Removal of mid round scoreboard. I believe many frustrations are caused by an unhealthy habit of constantly checking scoreboard and analysing and measuring performance in mid game. It's probably one of reasons players quit mid match.
    People quit mid-match because of the stomps that happens too often.

I don't think every round has to be perfectly balanced (will be hard to do), but people must have hope that the next round will be better then the current round, making them stick around for another game.

Right now stomps often goes on round after round and this makes people quit.