Other game modes on DICE ROTATION?

MrsSanitater
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 14
Why can't DICE host servers of Domination, Squad Conquest, Rush, Grind etc.? In the past there were some rotations like these, while now it's only Conquest, Breakthrough, DM and SOMETIMES others. Now with the crash of the Community Servers, the game is almost unplayable.

It's frustrating that of so many rotations, so little attention is put to other game modes. Even the old Domination/Rush/Frontline rotation was better than nothing (despite lacking many maps).

They can argue, that no enough players play those smaller game modes in comparison to for example Big Conquest but all it could take is (on Europe for example) 2 SQ, 3 D, 1 FL, 1 R, 2 G and the game becomes more playable.

Comments

• KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why can't DICE host servers of Domination, Squad Conquest, Rush, Grind etc.? In the past there were some rotations like these, while now it's only Conquest, Breakthrough, DM and SOMETIMES others. Now with the crash of the Community Servers, the game is almost unplayable.

It's frustrating that of so many rotations, so little attention is put to other game modes. Even the old Domination/Rush/Frontline rotation was better than nothing (despite lacking many maps).

They can argue, that no enough players play those smaller game modes in comparison to for example Big Conquest but all it could take is (on Europe for example) 2 SQ, 3 D, 1 FL, 1 R, 2 G and the game becomes more playable.

I believe it was due to managing dwindling server population but Squad Conquest seemed so popular and I sure miss it. That said, a lot of the dedicated SC players have switched to either TDM or Tactical Conquest so they are boosting the numbers in these two ‘core’ game modes.
  • iigloo
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Airborne would be nice to have again
  • TrueWebby
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    iigloo said:
    Airborne would be nice to have again
    Even though the british still used the german plane and sometimes the jump master spoke german i still loved it.
  • Plucky6922
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What ever happened to the Fortress game mode?
    Anyone remember that one?
    Think we had it two separate weeks during the Tides Of War live service, never to be see or heard from again.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plucky6922 wrote: »
    What ever happened to the Fortress game mode?
    Anyone remember that one?
    Think we had it two separate weeks during the Tides Of War live service, never to be see or heard from again.

Think that's been relegated to just being Community Games. It was a pretty fun mode though (maybe not so much on Hamada due to the planes).
  • Plucky6922
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to make a Fortress game on Community Games other day.
    Also Grind game mode.
    There were not options to select either.
    Or I couldn't figure out how to pick either mode, if they are available.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plucky6922 wrote: »
    I tried to make a Fortress game on Community Games other day.
    Also Grind game mode.
    There were not options to select either.
    Or I couldn't figure out how to pick either mode, if they are available.

Looks like you're absolutely right. I'm looking at the options now and there's no Fortress or Grind options. Guess they're just gone for good then.