Stepping on some toes now. (Talking about players of BFV)

Comments

• sonnov7
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ Iamweiner @ spycodelics I agree with your frustrations I just think we as a community should focus on ideas to help developers and the community to get a better experience.

I have always suggested many times that bf should have a bootcamp option in the ingame menu. Instead of having hints load up before the beginning of a multiplayer game. a ‘bootcamp’ or ‘noobcamp’ could demonstrate practical scenarios of good team play to help a new player or experienced player improve their skill set and understand the game modes from a tactical and strategic view point also. I think it will be a good way to introduce bots aswell as participants. Their could be 100s of scenarios with mini games like target practice or base assaults tank runs sniper kills with most headshots etc. The games and tactical training could have levels of difficulty of 1-10 10 being for expert gamers and 1 beginners bootcamp could be a open world military base that loading players go to in a holding server maybe of 500 players or so where you can change your load out change assignments change weapon and class set ups and customisations this could be interactive with bots and I dare say the only place where you get a 3rd person perspective of your player walking around camp to the armoury/target range/ to the brief where a general is interacting with you giving you your ‘daily assignments or assignments adjustments.

I know these ideas take time to develope but once a good idea is In place and it works well you can copy and paste it into the next franchise ‘good innovation is important and so much could be added to the franchise due to the capacity of next gen capabilities.
  • iamwiener
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    iamwiener said:

I spend a lot of time on choke points between our flag and enemy flag when we do have flag majority but the enemy team is still pushing. You kill alot there, feels like doing the right thing for the team but still don't get the same score like others with equal kills in objective area. :D
    ´There is a reason why people on the objective get more points ... 

I see way way to many people outside the objective these days not making any effort to capture a flag or to defend a flag. 
    Most of them recons, not even spotting for the team anymore... a stable good k/d is all they desire.
    And they are no enrichment for their team whatever they tell themself. 
    The last 2-3 month ive played CQ Fjell now, there is a 90% chance that it will be 500:0 ticket outcome. 
    Why? Because i dont see lower ranked players moving forward / onto an objective. 
    Currently the new players who start fresh in battlefield only measure their "skill" in k/d. 
    Afraid to get killed, they play their own little game. 

Didn't quite read what I said:
    ... when we do have flag majority....
    ...but the enemy team is still pushing...
    I was trying to say that stopping the enemy on a choke point BEFORE they reach the objective area is often better then letting 'em in just to get more points for defending a flag.

Edit: and Fjell is the worst cq ever. It is good for pilots but many just skip it by being afk or eating nearby etc

• spychodelics
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    iamwiener said:

I spend a lot of time on choke points between our flag and enemy flag when we do have flag majority but the enemy team is still pushing. You kill alot there, feels like doing the right thing for the team but still don't get the same score like others with equal kills in objective area. :D
    ´There is a reason why people on the objective get more points ... 

I see way way to many people outside the objective these days not making any effort to capture a flag or to defend a flag. 
    Most of them recons, not even spotting for the team anymore... a stable good k/d is all they desire.
    And they are no enrichment for their team whatever they tell themself. 
    The last 2-3 month ive played CQ Fjell now, there is a 90% chance that it will be 500:0 ticket outcome. 
    Why? Because i dont see lower ranked players moving forward / onto an objective. 
    Currently the new players who start fresh in battlefield only measure their "skill" in k/d. 
    Afraid to get killed, they play their own little game. 

Didn't quite read what I said:
    ... when we do have flag majority....
    ...but the enemy team is still pushing...
    I was trying to say that stopping the enemy on a choke point BEFORE they reach the objective area is often better then letting 'em in just to get more points for defending a flag.

Edit: and Fjell is the worst cq ever. It is good for pilots but many just skip it by being afk or eating nearby etc

Yeah, you are right, now that i reread your post.

Just see my comment as not to yours related than. As a general statement.

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4808 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    BF has become a TDM game with flags. It started as a vehicle game with infantry on large maps. Now it's an infantry game with few camping vehicles on small maps. The series should have gotten bigger and better but has become the exact opposite.

I disagree. Whilst it is true that the game has become more infantry focussed, this is a good thing as the biggest complaint about the early games was the frustration of the vehicle balance.

The vast majority of players do not play in vehicles and it’s important to make a game that is enjoyable for the majority.

What is missing here is the education to get more players to PTFO.

• SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF has become a TDM game with flags. It started as a vehicle game with infantry on large maps. Now it's an infantry game with few camping vehicles on small maps. The series should have gotten bigger and better but has become the exact opposite.

Do not think it is a matter of education. PTO has always been a problem on public servers imo. I can only remember good team play and PTO when we had private servers where the same players joined again and we knew each other. Anonymous servers with anonymous players rarely provide good gameplay. Most join to shoot and not much more. Losing or winning is probably not the first priority for many.
  • tempo_rarity
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Often in the game 'someone' will ask : 'Can somebody do something about ____?' (this 'someone' and why they can't do what's being asked being a whole other thread)  ;)

Perhaps as a form of selfish subtlety urging others towards more PTO ; and regardless of 'why' an asker asks other than the fact that they're a Mate and not an Enemy : 
    Do it (if you can) 
    Fulfill their wish as soon as possible (if you have the ability)
    I think the faster such requests are met the more power these demonstrations of benefiting from PTO wields influence over them as well .

Strange to say , but maybe dying in front of the requester as you attempted to do it might do the best inspiring
    You know , the old Expiration Inspiration tactic   :D  
  • CeriousJuJu
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    'Non-strategic' camping : 
    Being a small rock in a river whose flow doesn't even notice you , of such insignificance to flow that you may as well not be there at all .
    'Strategic' camping : 
    Being a very large or well-placed rock that forces the flow to reroute itself or to actually reduce or stop its flow altogether .

. . .

Whatever I was planning to do in Hamada is cancelled-until-further-notice once I've noticed a known Ace Flier is unfortunately an Enemy this round .
    The 'reward' for me of deliberately destroying my own Stats (no such thing) by 'camping' an SAA against him ? The mutual destruction of their Stats .
    I'm okay with my resulting 5-12 because I'm okay with his 23-2 , which without my 5-12 would've easily been 60-0 (yes , he's that good)

Finally, someone gets it!

• TrueWebby
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The axe murderers are becoming even more common on us servers, 3 servers 3 axe killers. I might axe my battlefield off my drive at this rate.
  • Kiriakos_GR
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems that every one talks of strategy within a game and squad collaboration,  now think of EU ... at least 30 different languages,  and one squad leader talking Polish to an Greek .. Lol 
  • KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems that every one talks of strategy within a game and squad collaboration,  now think of EU ... at least 30 different languages,  and one squad leader talking Polish to an Greek .. Lol 
    I have around 30 friends from UK, USA and Italy who all speak English and I squad up with regularly. It’s not hard to find like minded friends who speak a common language on Xbox.
  • losthunter340
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Everyone I have meet in game talk english, whatever they are from, some better some worse but we can still communicate and the Q fuction is a very helpfull tool but sadly only 30% of the playerbase know it exist or understand how good it can acually be.
  • Kiriakos_GR

Everyone I have meet in game talk English, whatever they are from, some better some worse but we can still communicate and the Q function is a very helpful tool but sadly only 30% of the player-base know it exist or understand how good it can actually be.
    The tools are great if the player he is focused on his squad leader,  as squad leader I did give instruction for the squad to focus on a specific Flag point ( example D).
    While all squad receives visual and due sound instruction of my order,  the specific batch of players, was unable to cooperate.
    The advantage of forming a squad with people you know  this is just one, you may transfer to them How-to when they are off-line.
    Then all the team has equal understanding of  Game Play and functions and tools. 
  • sonnov7
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A bootcamp option demonstrating good team play/tactics/practice range to get a feel for weapon performance/practice flying would be great..

But I think it’s down to we as a community (the battlefield legends) to innovate ideas on team analysis and good team/squad tactics to benefit the player base and experience as a whole that’s what I try to do as a supporter of the MA1 platoon.
  • Kiriakos_GR
    sonnov7 said:
    A bootcamp option demonstrating good team play  ...tactics...

I have won much more by improvising ,  I was tank driver and I did shoot a tree just for fun, it was three enemies behind it .. The first shot just  did soft damage,  then I did make three more shots,  three enemies down.  LOL

• tempo_rarity
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The international , all-language , all-races , all-species 'sound' of food is a noisy food wrapping being opened .
    No matter where you are ; or who or what is around you ; they'll ALL know that you have food in your hand by that sound .

I think the sight of someone else heroically engaged in their own PTOing efforts is a lot like that food wrapping sound .
    It's mostly recognized , regardless of wherever one's from   :p 
  • Kiriakos_GR
    The international , all-language , all-races , all-species 'sound' of food is a noisy food wrapping being opened .
    No matter where you are ; or who or what is around you ; they'll ALL know that you have food in your hand by that sound .

I think the sight of someone else heroically engaged in their own PTOing efforts is a lot like that food wrapping sound .
    It's mostly recognized , regardless of wherever one's from   :p 
    Neither BF5 this can escape from the troubles that The Tower of Babel bring to this planet.

• trip1ex
    5331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    SirBobdk said:
    I read something the other day from a few years ago from Lars, the father of BF sorta speak, and he noted that they've gotten the rate at which you encounter enemies per area unit of map up 10x from the BF42 days.   Meaning back in the day you might travel x distance and see 1 enemy.  Now you only have to travel x/10 distance to see one enemy.  

HOpefully the new game backtracks on this in Conquest.

I'd like more conquest maps reminiscent of the scale of the older BF games in addition to smaller maps.

I hope they don't just make the maps twice as big with twice as many players.    

Post edited by trip1ex on
  • trip1ex
    5331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Do not think it is a matter of education. PTO has always been a problem on public servers imo. I can only remember good team play and PTO when we had private servers where the same players joined again and we knew each other. Anonymous servers with anonymous players rarely provide good gameplay. Most join to shoot and not much more. Losing or winning is probably not the first priority for many.

Yeah they would have to change the culture and attribute  xp points to outcome only.  ~3x more points for winning than losing.  

• PsiHo1389
    89 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Medic revive: +1 kill
    You kill somebody: +1kill
    Support: resupply own team/squad (2-3x) +1 kill
    Destroy tenk or plane minimum 1000points
    Disable redzone, hate when the enemy go in RZ and just stay there. 5sec if you go back to your RZ or -1 kill
    Why not :)