Remove proximity spotting

13»

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's not "Where's Wally?", something where I have to sharpen my eyes to understand what's on the screen.

Which does not provide a good gameplay and is just frustrating imo.
    BF should be fun and relaxing and not frustrating.
    Visibility has never been an issue in other BF games, but became apparent in BFV.
    From being a PTO game, it suddenly became a hide and seek game.
    Big problems with player blending into the surroundings, light and dark areas which became largely invisible and tons a visual clutter.
    Bad iron sights, which causes most people to run around with 3 x zoom and play semi sniper.
    Never thought I would say that, but I miss 3d spotting in BFV. However, hope the next BF game has perfect visibility and no spotting.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    SirBobdk said:
     However, hope the next BF game has perfect visibility and no spotting.
    I think it is safe to not expect anything about the next game to be perfect. Perfection comes only after fine tuning  an excellence which was achieved in the past.

• iamwiener
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do not believe that hide'n seek is a necessity in BF5. Never seen a top player hiding somewhere. They run, gun and own. Hiding is for those who are not good enough in the game. Sometimes I hide.
  • losthunter340
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    I do not believe that hide'n seek is a necessity in BF5. Never seen a top player hiding somewhere. They run, gun and own. Hiding is for those who are not good enough in the game. Sometimes I hide.

Indeed, the top players are PTO and usually get alot of kills.
  • losthunter340
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

It's not "Where's Wally?", something where I have to sharpen my eyes to understand what's on the screen.

Visibility has never been an issue in other BF games, but became apparent in BFV.
    Big problems with player blending into the surroundings, light and dark areas which became largely invisible and tons a visual clutter.
    Bad iron sights, which causes most people to run around with 3 x zoom and play semi sniper.
    Never thought I would say that, but I miss 3d spotting in BFV. However, hope the next BF game has perfect visibility and no spotting.

BF should be fun, but what MP FPS game are relaxing? Yeah BF is really casual but it should not get more casual, I like the fact that players are blending in even if I can get frustrated when beeing killed by someone just camping and laying in the bush, but you learn where you should look, you learn the obvious camping places and you look there and start getting "free kills" thanks to that, but on consoles I have seen videos of ppl just camping but on BF there are more often then not ppl acually PTO even if players need to learn to flank and use some tacticts to acually win sometimes.
  • Iightblack
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Exactly!

Honestly I would like a revised 3D spot too... but the main point is to "clean" BF5, because it almost gives headache.
  • tempo_rarity
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sustained for 20-to-30 minutes , one's hyper-vigilant immersion into this nicely-sounding and very pretty Game should be quite taxing , not relaxing .
    It should literally be ; and often is ; calorie draining actually . 
    Even with just the minor increase (?) in one's energy output required for this longer spell of higher-thinking , we must also factor in the rest of the body .
    Sitting tensely , leaning in , ducking :p , sweating , heart racing . . . there's a lot more going on than just one's energy-hog Noggin sucking up the calories .