OFC Underground Gaming community

RR-MajorCain
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
OFC are a multi-national gaming community, formed in early 2020. We have been actively running Operation Underground Community Servers since last Spring. 

We run two European Operation Underground servers - one Standard Conquest, the other a more hardcore version, with a mixture of Breakthrough and Conquest. Both servers are very popular and attract a thriving community of regular players of all levels. 

Our servers are actively administrated by a group of experienced Battlefield players, and we try to ensure our players have as enjoyable a time as possible and are treated fairly where appropriate. 

OFC have recently joined an e-sports league and have been actively participating in scrims. This has enabled us to recruit more players that enjoy playing more competitively and has allowed us to add another Squad Conquest server to our stable. 

We have a website where we publish news about the server, community, matches and our streaming channel. 

We also have a Discord server that is free for anyone to join and get to know us. To find our servers, type OFC in the server browser under Community Games. 

To find out more about us, visit our website at: https://ofcug.org/

Comments

• AmosBurton_GER
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Yes, I know your servers, playing on them frequently. That is, only if we cannot find another one which also allows shotgun and frag granade launcher.
    We are unhappy with those not being allowed: Underground often produces a stalemate situation between A and B or B and C.
    Both sides will camp an hold their positions "forever" , and with "normal" weapons it is almost impossible to resolve this situation: 90% are lying in well-chosen corners, permanently firing their MG. Instant death. Some well-placed rifle grenades or a aquad of shotguners rushing in could break such a camping blockade, but sadly those essential weapons are not allowed.

Nevertheless: (mostly probably) see you on your non-HC server in ~3 hours :smiley:
  • AmosBurton_GER
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My mate just got temp-banned for using the type 2A - Admin writes it in chat, mate did not read the chat - ban.
    What kind of cowboy administration is this? If a weapon is not allowed, disabled it, nobody reads the chat for special rules :|
  • RR-MajorCain
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 15
    We are unable to prevent players from selecting the Type 2a unfortunately. To do so, we would have to ban all SMGs which would be impossible. Our website has a playlist calendar displaying which weapons are banned on which days, and we constantly remind players in chat.  

However, the Type 2a weekend ban is something we have only just introduced, and has come about as a result of feedback from players. What we can do for next weekend is update the server config (which includes the server name and description) to reflect this. 
    Post edited by RR-MajorCain on
  • AmosBurton_GER
    edited February 21
    Great server. Cheaters with 130:5 scores are tolerated, Admin just watches and kicks you when you criticise him for not kicking the obvious cheater.
  • RR-MajorCain
    When an admin is on (or monitoring) the server, we are quick to ban cheaters, and we do keep a record of who they are. Unfortunately, the way that Community Servers work, ban lists are reset each time the server restarts, so if they return, we have to ban them again. There is nothing we can do about this, and it is far from ideal, but we can only work with the tools we are given. Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with how BFV Community Servers work before always being so critical? It takes a lot of time and effort keeping these servers up and running, and there is a limit to what we can do with the resources at our disposal.

On the subject of high scoring players, we welcome high-ranking players along with low-ranking players, and they do sometimes rack up scores like this, especially on a map like Underground. Some players really are that good. However, provided these players are balanced out with players of equal skill on the other side, this does not always lead to landslide matches and can be frustrating/enjoyable/challenging in equal measure.

High-scoring players inevitably attract criticism and accusations from other players – you only have to watch some of their streams to see that, and this is not something we like to see clogging up the in-game chat as it gets in the way of those players using the chat more constructively. If frequent enough, it will fall under our 'unnecessary complaining' rule and result in a kick if warnings to stop complaining are unheeded.

Flaming the admin for not keeping order will also understandably result in a kick, which is what seems to have happened to you. If, as you say, you are a regular player on our server, I am surprised that you have such difficulty in following the few (but fair) rules we have, when so many of our regulars do?

• AmosBurton_GER
    edited February 22
    About the cheater:
    This happened (from my point of view):
    I got into a short (maybe 2 to 3 minutes) discussion with someone defending the cheater as "just a good player". Because I started accusing the cheater after he has killed me several times, sometimes in fog (heavily used) while I was not spotted.
    This guy did not only hit with every single shot, but also could see/aim trough fog.
    My opinion: if he doesn't happen to be in the top 3 of the world's best BF players, his crosshair was not controlled by his hand, but by a bot.
    His defender told me to spectate him, you recommend to watch his stream: I do not know much about aimbots, but I would assume that a bot will not reveal it's presence with big red letters for everyone to see in spectator mode or stream. So this proves nothing.

About flaming the Admin, this happened: Due to the cheater on the opponent's side, people started to leave our team. At some point the Admin (who was on my team, even in my squad) wrote in chat : "What about team balance" - which was ridiculous because the reason for the shifting balance was him tolerating the cheater.
    So I wrote into the chat : "What about banning the cheater" - which got me kicked myself.
    End of story.
    I see no flaming.
    I just see a community member tolerating and protecting an obvious cheater. Even if he hadn't killed me in so many ridiculous ways: 130:5 in this underground massacre is 100% impossible. If have seen many blatant cheaters not denying it leaving Underground with a much worse K/D.
  • rumpelnilzchen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to point out the fact, that you were not even spectating. So all your haccusations were based on the pure score. And let me tell you: playing on underground with insane KDs is easy, especially when you play with multiple squads and good medics.
    That said: you did not even spectated. You delivered zero evidence. In general I see it happening a lot, that random players haccuse good players (that play competetive as well, and are kind of known in the scene).
    You started for three matches that discussion over and over again, and I told you a couple of times, to stop it, because we are sure about, that certain players are just good. We play with and against them for a long time now. So please trust us, that if someone good is playing over and over again on the server, we found no evidence for cheating at all. We even request from suspected players streaming us gameplay and/or installing third party anti cheat software.
    But even after i explained that, you kept your haccusations and started insulting us. Because we dont tolerate such toxic behavior, you got removed. And in fact i was really tolerant, because usually you wouldnt have received that many warnings.

Regarding to 130-5.. I did similar thing aswell. But just because a random noob is not able to do so, it doesnt mean everyone is cheating. Its usually the worst players in the game, taht are haccusing, and they dont even understand, why they are so bad.

• AmosBurton_GER
    edited February 23
    It is true that I did not spectate. But as I wrote above, I primarily accused him because he killed me in ridiculously fast ways many times, and several times in fog where he could not see me. (was not spotted)
    1-2 times (in fog) is coincidence. 10 times is a hack.
    But yes, secondary base of my accusations is the ridiculous score.

It is simply not true that I complained over 3 matches. Not even 2. I was kicked in the same match I started to complain.
    The discussion lasted about 2-3 minutes. Then I stopped, because the guy defending the cheater got stuck in a loop : spectate, spectate, spectate...
    I didn't need to, I was already sure.
    About 5 minutes later, when several people in our team had left because of the cheater being invincible, the Admin (you?) wrote "what about team balance" which I answered sarcastically with "What about kicking the cheater" - - > i got kicked. I wasn't insulting, I wasn't toxic, i did not write one single "bad word". And you didn't explain anything about streaming or installing anti cheat software to me. I guess you are confusing me with another player you kicked on this evening because he complained about the cheater?
    Post edited by AmosBurton_GER on