Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

Comments

• munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simply put, yes. But it won't likely be my "go to" game. Too much cool stuff is coming out in October.
  • Canaboid
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sure not. I hope BF5 will.
    Have to wait a little longer for a new Battlefield game.
    Hope they don`t screw that one up.
  • doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it will left bf4 behind ages ago.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    owltro wrote: »
    With the improvements to the engine, graphics, and netcode, going back to BF4 feels like a great downgrade for most players. (source)
    Great source.
  • NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I played like 6 hours of the beta and went back to BF4. BF4 felt SO good to play coming off the beta. I hated BF4 quite a lot in the past, but it has really grown on me to the point where I think I like it equally as much as BC2, which is my favorite Battlefield game. I really think BF4 has become one of the best, and BF1, along with BC1 are the worst the franchise has ever seen. I'm the type of player who absolutely hated BF3 though due to its terrible map design, which seems to be an unpopular opinion on this forum.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    BF4 did absolutely nothing better than BF3. In fact, everything was worse - from the gun balance to the vehicles, the hit registration, the maps, and the general functioning of the game. It didn't even play properly for two years, so I don't know how anyone can say it was a good game. The worst release for a game ever, and the worst Battlefield game in the series.

A disaster that needs to be forgotten.

It had a bad start, everybody agrees to that, but now, BF4 is the best multiplayer shooter.
  • marcofthebeast
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll play both. When a new game comes out it doesn't kill the earlier one for me at all. 5 years later I'd still hop on BC2 or BF3, hell even 1943.
    It all depends on what the mood is. Just because something new comes out it doesn't mean the old titles get thrown for a trade in or something.
  • MrRamboJOE1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes just how I replaced BF3 with BF4
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    absolutely
  • InsecureRat227
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I will be playing both BF1 and BF4. Of course, I'll be doing BF1 until I level all the way up, mostly.
  • Vreidicus
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My first battlefield game was 1942 so bf1 feels somewhat of a homecoming for me.
    So i like where dice is taking the franchise and i hope we see a ww2 or even a vietnam game in the future. So no i wont be playing bf4, been there, done that.
  • Arcnaleon
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definately not, just cant justify the cost of upgrading pc around 1000e + 100 e for the game. Im an pc gamer from the 90s, went eyefinity with BC2 and kept upgrading pc for new BF game since then. Battlefield series is pretty much the only game I have played since BF Vietnam and most the thousands of hours of it drunk. Lol. Battlefield without beer is kind of fishing without beer or sauna without beer...

Didnt have too much time for the beta, and have to say, I kinda wanted to like it, but overall after an hour it just wanted to go play BF4 again. So firing up the old BF4 again and considering the BF1 again next year.

I hated the thing there still is regen for health, moderate spotting, the inaccurate rifles and lack of classes or the sense of danger around you, all classes can pretty much now survive on their own at all situations so there is really no need to have your buddy next to you, and as there is no penalty for dying, its more convinient to just redeploy.

So back with classic settings in BF4, best thing to happen to the series since BF2.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    BF1 won't replace BF4 for me. I thought it would but having played it it'll likely share equal time with BF4. There are certain things in BF1 I absolutely love and a few things I don't like --the new gun balance system they've chosen, the movement system/harder to do twitchy moves, and the proliferation of snipers.
  • Mr7Beans
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Every new BF title replaced the older one, this won't be any different.
  • labtud
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It was for me until the rumours regarding PC server rental started gaining weight.
  • m09-legendary
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    I like bf1 only the ticket system. We need the old ticket sy stem ticketbleed in bf1! And I like this big change after years of playing bf4 it looks New to play bf1. I missing the modern technology in bf1. I can play bf1 with out that. It stops me not from buying bf1. I can life with it. To fight on oldscool war. So and no more choppers they freak me always. I hate them! They are OP in bf4. Why the pilot of the chopper flying back to his base after one shoot with the stinger. And don't forgot the anti tank weapons rpg. And eobots. And drone. And bf1 gives you swords horses New things to fight on the battlefield! And Fire tanks. I buy this game! This bf1 on ww1 is the war that has change ww2 and so on. The battlefield with planes on ww1 change to yets in ww2 and so on. It begins here! See you on the battlefield bf4 or bf1!!!!
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    owltro wrote: »
    With the improvements to the engine, graphics, and netcode, going back to BF4 feels like a great downgrade for most players. (source)

Agreed. It already has replaced bf4 for me.
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm jonesing to play again. DICE, what did you put in your BF1?
  • KachafazCl
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1000% sure bf1 feels like a true battlefield.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the final version of the game plays the way the beta did, which it probably will, then no. For me BF4 still has a lot of life left.