Weekly Debrief

BF1 Kill-Feed Not Clear Enough what's Intended! (Video Example)

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 2016
Anyone noticed watching the stream that the Kill-Feed Text has no love at all? So boring all in white, and looks just like SWBF's Kill-Feed. I don't know if it's just because it's the Pre-Alpha, but if this is how it will look like OMG, no way!

1) People have been demanding a better Kill-Feed Text Notification after BF4, but when I saw the BF1 Kill-Feed I thought that BF4's is even better lel.

2) Sometimes it's not clear enough what's intended by the Text-Confirmation about a certain action, like in the video at min. 1:44, where the Tank is hit by a grenade it reads "WEAPON DISABLED", so what's intended, the Tank itself as a whole or only the Tank-Weapon? It should be "TANK-WEAPON DISABLED" instead to leave no doubt!

In previous posts some asked for a color customizable Kill-Feed, which can be implemented. In BF4 you can customize your crosshair's size and color too, so why not the Kill-Feed Text.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/10959/#Comment_10959

DICE please give us this option, only in white looks so lifeless.

Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

• MorningTimeCloud
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remember that its still pre-alpha. I am sure it will change and be polished up quite a bit before the games release. It's happened with every other battlefield game in the past where the UI changed quite a bit.
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Remember that its still pre-alpha. I am sure it will change and be polished up quite a bit before the games release. It's happened with every other battlefield game in the past where the UI changed quite a bit.

Yes I mentioned the Pre-Alpha ☺, I hope you're right
  • MorningTimeCloud
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Things like this are usually the last things to be changed since they aren't as important as stability and other major parts of the development.

Maybe you'll even see a bit of a change in the beta, who knows.
  • AFROSRB
    Things like this are usually the last things to be changed since they aren't as important as stability and other major parts of the development.

Maybe you'll even see a bit of a change in the beta, who knows.

Yap, for sure there are more important issues, like some core gameplay mechanics and so on, but nevertheless the Kill-Feed isn't unimportant because in many situations it gives you a clear indication for your next action which you have to decide in 10th of a second and which is the cause of capturing a flag or to kill or be killed.